Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just speculating here but I think they may have paused the rollout of 10.6.1 again - I had the same 'system error' that 'Dirty Tesla' had in the video below. Driving to work this morning into the sun, about to make a right turn I got the 'big red hands' take over immediately message along with 'unavailable due to a system error'. Then FSD Beta dropped back to autopilot and the warning message switched to 'Autopilot unavailable due to blinded camera'. So it looks as though the 'system error' in FSD Beta is an unhandled blinded camera message or something similar.

Just speculating here but I think they may have paused the rollout of 10.6.1 again - I had the same 'system error' that 'Dirty Tesla' had in the video below. Driving to work this morning into the sun, about to make a right turn I got the 'big red hands' take over immediately message along with 'unavailable due to a system error'. Then FSD Beta dropped back to autopilot and the warning message switched to 'Autopilot unavailable due to blinded camera'. So it looks as though the 'system error' in FSD Beta is an unhandled blinded camera message or something similar.

Yeah I've had this happen as well .. and once it happens then FSD will error out with big red hands pretty much str8 away after that. You need to do a soft reset (scroll wheels) of the car before FSD calms down again.

• Informative
Reactions: K5TRX
Yeah I've had this happen as well .. and once it happens then FSD will error out with big red hands pretty much str8 away after that. You need to do a soft reset (scroll wheels) of the car before FSD calms down again.
My kid's pre-school was right around the corner from where this happened - so I got out dropped him off and when I got back in, FSD completed the rest of the drive to work fine. The time I was in the school may have been the reset it needed.

I'm assuming 10.6.1 is paused too...otherwise I have to believe that I'm getting ignored (still on 10.5) as one of the original 100 Safety Score invites. I read about 10.6.1 originally going out to the "masses" on Monday. I'm ok waiting for 10.7, but it is a little frustrating without any comms. At this point in the adventure, I think I'm more anticipating the Christmas stuff over the FSD improvements....

I'm assuming 10.6.1 is paused too...otherwise I have to believe that I'm getting ignored (still on 10.5) as one of the original 100 Safety Score invites. I read about 10.6.1 originally going out to the "masses" on Monday. I'm ok waiting for 10.7, but it is a little frustrating without any comms. At this point in the adventure, I think I'm more anticipating the Christmas stuff over the FSD improvements....
Which we probably won't be getting Christmas stuff on the FSD branch for a while after since we're still on an old branch

Reactions: edseloh
I see no changes with 10.6.1. I leave FSD mostly off these days because I find it just too dangerous for day to day driving. But, I have developed a few test points where I see if it has improved.

- still comes to a complete stop on the highway when it sees train control lights that are red

- still displays “stopping for red light in xxx feet” for red lights on crossing streets above the highway

- mistakes US-45 highway sign for speed limit sign (actually really dangerous)

- goes wide left in the right lane to turn right in what I consider to be normal right turn intersections. It actually crosses the line

- I’ve got one T intersection where actually it now gets in the left turn lane correctly. That’s actually an improvement. But now it puts the right turn signal on after stopping for a red and then haltingly proceeds right through the light. Once when I could see no one was around I actually let it go right through the red. 😒

- I think highway stop and go tacc may be less jerky. Hard to say. Not more jerky though

And when did autowipers become absolute crap? Ppl complained forever, but I thought they were sort of fine. This thing is dumb now

I'm on 10.6.1 and also got the red hands error twice a couple days ago. I also realized that FSD will not enable in rain due to "poor weather" however was able to do a workaround by turning it on from just inside a parking garage and having it take me on a 30 mile trip. Warning message saying FSD may have degraded capability was present on screen until the rain stopped. FSD performance in light rain didn't seem much different compared to dry weather.

Reactions: Massive Attack