Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

+100 Kwh battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They should wait until 2014 when they hopefully introduce AWD but think that would be amazing. I wouldn't upgrade but know a few people might and definitely a few people would go for it. They could maybe even tie it to their performance AWD version to entice people to shell out more money.

This will happen inevitably, and I wonder what the trade-in value of an 85kWh battery will be. There will obviously be a tipping point where you are better off trading in your entire Model S and buying a new 500-miler, but beneath that tipping point, it should be *very* easy to swap out a battery (in under five minutes, I have been told). The only question is what will be the price to upgrade. If 10K lets me swap my used 85kWh for a 100kWh, I would do that in a heartbeat (just like I did to upgrade from base 40kWh to 85kWh). But I am a long-range driver for work and pleasure, so range is a premium value for me, until Superchargers are ubiquitous on my interstate routes.