Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100d is coming soon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've forgotten to mention that, just after 100D, P100D non lud is also coming.
P90D ludicrous is not coming back, they've killed it. and they are removing the Ludicrous option from existing inventory-cpo cars via software, in order to sell existing P90Ds faster. I suppose owners will have ability to pay and unlock it afterwards.(Which wouldn't be wise)

There is no ability to unlock L in P90D. It has been removed from the online store and when I reached out to my DS to check if I can pay the $10K to upgrade my soon to be built car from non-L to L, configurations came back and said no. I have an email from TSLA that supports my statement. ;)

Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 10.59.36 AM.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo and xborg
As many have said, your source is unlikely to actually know anything. Many people have quoted "sources" in the past who turned out to be lower level Tesla employees, or worse yet, local store or service centre people. The problem is that most of those people get their information on this forum, and we almost always know about things BEFORE they do. Even major announcements that Tesla does huge events around are often not communicated internally to Tesla employees. So those people are actually worse sources than this forum.

Not exactly a secret...
View attachment 200085

again, no surprise, they're in the P100D already, so it's likely to trickle down, highly unlikely that Tesla wouldn't sell them to you if you paid more.

highly likely as the existing one is getting on in age, but I doubt anyone knows, and timeline is anyone's guess.

highly unlikely.

And here we're in to pure guess land. the second one seems likely at some point, the other one, not very likely.
Is that a special edition 100D with the red D? Like one step above 100D and 1 step below P100D?

• Funny
Reactions: MrRandyB
Is that a special edition 100D with the red D? Like one step above 100D and 1 step below P100D?
That's what Tesla thinks 100D should look like on your screen. You are right that it seems unusual as the other D cars have so far been a black D and not red, but that's the image Tesla put in the firmware for 100D. I don't know their reasoning.

Last edited:
I mentioned in another post that Tesla should offer these on "P" vehicles. Magnetorheological suspension offers best balance of performance and comfort.

The only thing I can think of in terms of new suspension would be the same ones on racing cars or high end street cars like Acura NSX or Mclarean where the suspension would adjust to the road conditions on the fly in milliseconds. But I think tesla would probably reserve that for their P line before giving it to the 100D.

I mentioned in another post that Tesla should offer these on "P" vehicles. Magnetorheological suspension offers best balance of performance and comfort.

You might be onto something with the suggestion of Magnetorheological suspension. I am one of those MX 75D coil orders that Tesla never filled because they cancelled all MX coil orders forcing us up market into the air suspension. Perhaps Tesla has decided to implement GM's excellent Magnetorheological suspension technology into a future suspension offering. That would be excellent! Ride and handling would be the best of both worlds.

Reactions: DIL
As many have said, your source is unlikely to actually know anything. Many people have quoted "sources" in the past who turned out to be lower level Tesla employees, or worse yet, local store or service centre people. The problem is that most of those people get their information on this forum, and we almost always know about things BEFORE they do. Even major announcements that Tesla does huge events around are often not communicated internally to Tesla employees. So those people are actually worse sources than this forum.

Not exactly a secret...
View attachment 200085

again, no surprise, they're in the P100D already, so it's likely to trickle down, highly unlikely that Tesla wouldn't sell them to you if you paid more.

highly likely as the existing one is getting on in age, but I doubt anyone knows, and timeline is anyone's guess.

highly unlikely.

And here we're in to pure guess land. the second one seems likely at some point, the other one, not very likely.

Odd question but why does that photo show a pre-facelift car with the 100D moniker in what apparently is a color (looks like the Green to me) that was dropped almost a year ago. Looks like a doctored photo of some sort?

Yes, but Elon didn't give a timeframe.
What I'm saying is, It's coming soon, in 3 months. They are getting prepared for the release.
In his tweet he said its coming soon which most of us interpreted as December/January. In your OP you said "coming soon probably before the end of the year...I know it is not surprising" which I took as you having interpreted it the same way.

Odd question but why does that photo show a pre-facelift car with the 100D moniker in what apparently is a color (looks like the Green to me) that was dropped almost a year ago. Looks like a doctored photo of some sort?
The photo wasn't doctored, but the car was. That is the actual image that the car displayed when told it was a 100D, proving that the firmware in the car is aware of that model as being possible (which would not be the case if Tesla had no plans to introduce it)

Yes, but Elon didn't give a timeframe.
What I'm saying is, It's coming soon, in 3 months. They are getting prepared for the release.
And what I'm saying is that we already know that, and your source likely got their information either from an educated guess, or from this very forum. (Unless your source is high enough up in Tesla to be paid entirely in Tesla shares)

There is no ability to unlock L in P90D. It has been removed from the online store and when I reached out to my DS to check if I can pay the $10K to upgrade my soon to be built car from non-L to L, configurations came back and said no. I have an email from TSLA that supports my statement. ;)

View attachment 200088
Did they lower the price?
I thought it was 10k for ludicrous and 20k for the battery, 30k total.

20k for everything is a lot more reasonable.

The photo wasn't doctored, but the car was. That is the actual image that the car displayed when told it was a 100D, proving that the firmware in the car is aware of that model as being possible (which would not be the case if Tesla had no plans to introduce it)

And what I'm saying is that we already know that, and your source likely got their information either from an educated guess, or from this very forum. (Unless your source is high enough up in Tesla to be paid entirely in Tesla shares)

From the images I saw from my source, 100D has a grey "D". Probably I saw more recent images then the ones in the car firmware.
And by the way, from what I saw, 100D price is same as current P90D non-lud. I don't know if 100D's performance is better than 90D, but quite possibly. They may even kill P90D all together.