Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100D not available to update order that has free supercharger option per Tesla rep

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
me: I have my Model X on order that I turned in on January 14 and it confirms tomorrow. So technically I can make changes until tomorrow to avoid $500 change fee. Since 100D is available starting today I was hoping to adjust my order and change it to 100D while keeping my free supercharger option... No such option 100D when I go to edit design for my order... I reached out to Tesla web-chat... and here is answer :( I hope they change their mind and let those of us whose cars are still not in production to make change and get 100D while keeping free supercharger..... anyone tried to make change with different result? here is what I wrote and answer from Tesla:

Me: I have an order for my Model X 90D that I turned in on January 14. I can see that today 100D is available for order however I can't see option to edit my design to change my order to 100D - please help. My order confirms tomorrow. I would like to keep my free supercharger option as I ordered before January 15 and I would like to change to 100D from 90D. Please advise and help to make changes in my order.

Alvin: Hello this is Alvin with Tesla
I would highly recommend keeping your original order.
100D is not going to be available with the free supercharging.

update from chat:

Me: oh, that's not nice... my order confirms tomorrow and 100D is available so why you guys disallow us to take advantage of new battery option 100D while keeping our free supercharger option? it is not fair...

Alvin: What would that extra range mean for you anyhow? You can supercharge for life, for free

Me: Thank you Alvin... however I still hope there will be option today or tomorrow to upgrade to 100D while still keeping my free supercharger It would be nice to have both... free supercharger and slightly better range to avoid range anxiety while driving long distances

Alvin: Well, I cannot confirm nor deny that at this point though

Me: could you tell me some phone number to call to inquire about this more? I see on Tesla forum that many current order holders that cars did not go to production yet are interested in keeping free supercharger and upgrading to 100D at the same time

Alvin: I would recommend speaking to your sales advisor. I can tell you that our standing policy now is, that will not happen.

Same here,

Looks like Alvin is answering a lot of messages

Alvin: Hello this is Alvin with Tesla
That would depend on your build date, but I also want to advise you that switching means a few things.
Do you have a Model S or X on order?

Me: model S
i ordered 12/31

Alvin: I see.
To change your order, we'd need to collect the $500 modify order fee, and your vehicle would no longer be eligible for unlimited free supercharging, would no longer have ventilated seats (if you had ordered them), and you would be subject to selecting the new model s design packages rather than what you have already designed. If I may, I'd recommend sticking with your current order!

I am still within the 7-day editing window. I waited until the last day of December specifically to have a shot at the 100D with unlimited supercharging. I called support and was told a change to 100D would be considered a new order and I would lose my Supercharging date. Okay, then why can I change a 75D to a 90D without the same penalty? I'm pretty frustrated. Please post any success stories and advice here. My local rep isn't working until after my 7 days are up.

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX
I am still within the 7-day editing window. I waited until the last day of December specifically to have a shot at the 100D with unlimited supercharging. I called support and was told a change to 100D would be considered a new order and I would lose my Supercharging date. Okay, then why can I change a 75D to a 90D without the same penalty? I'm pretty frustrated. Please post any success stories and advice here. My local rep isn't working until after my 7 days are up.

Edit: I placed my deposit on 1/14, not 12/31.

Why does Tesla do this. They could have avoided this by simply waiting a few more days before releasing the 100D. My issue isn't around the 100D so much as I wanted textile seating with PuP which is now available. Either way, I lose supercharging which doesn't seem right since I was allowed to make changes until tomorrow.

Tesla needs different carrots to maintain sales.

In Q3, AP1 cars were heavily discounted.
I missed out Q3 discounted AP1 cars but got AP2
People missed out on unlimited free SC, but they can get the super dupe awesome 100D configuration.

So on and so forth..

I think the level of whining would go down tremendously if Tesla just waited till end of Jan to announce the 100D.

Personally I am happy for all of you guys that are getting free super charging but this was supposed to end on 12/31 so its a bit disappointing for many people that bought 90D's by the end of the year and then 2 weeks later they offer the 100D at only $3k more. Tesla is doing a good job at pressuring people into placing orders but at the same time pissing them off because their cars are becoming outdated so soon. I would bet within a month there will no longer even be a 90D on the website.

Reactions: Jurnimon