Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12/11/2021 - Will they activate StormWatch in the West this weekend

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jboy210

Supporting Member
Dec 2, 2016
Northern California
With another atmospheric river aiming for California and the West this weekend and next week, I would not be surprised to see them turn on StormWatch this weekend.

One forecast shows over 100 inches of snow by early next week in places in the Sierras. And predicted to drop 4-6 inches in the SF Bay Area. We are hoping the creek above our house does not flood into our house.

And it looks like this series of storms will dump a lot of rain and snow all the way to the Rockies.

Started raining early this morning and already received 1.04 inches of rain at my house and lots of street flooding on the way to work. Expecting about another 3-4 inches here
Just checked my weather station. Up over 2 inches now. Still coming down good and expected to continue for a few more hours. PW still in SW but no outages anywhere near me

Upvote 0
Just checked my weather station. Up over 2 inches now. Still coming down good and expected to continue for a few more hours. PW still in SW but no outages anywhere near me
If you like your weather station, can you PM me the details? I am looking to put one in my backyard. I am hoping to get one with A/C power for my PurpleAir sensor.

Upvote 0
If you like your weather station, can you PM me the details? I am looking to put one in my backyard. I am hoping to get one with A/C power for my PurpleAir sensor.
It’s the AcuRite 5 in 1. I have a network display that I link to weather underground

If you want a really good one that costs a lot more, then get one of the David systems.

Reactions: jboy210
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
My Davis VP2 locked up on me right in the early parts of the last storm. It would not update the web server or my local PC. Had to remove the batteries and power and then it came back on. While I think the data was preserved, it somehow reset the storm event so everything is off by .4 inches. Not a huge deal.

First time that has happened in over 15 years.

Upvote 0