Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With update to 12.26.76 my AP has become useless. Its now restricted to 55mph and when I try to activate it past that it tells me to contact Tesla for a manual calibration.

I know your service center has brushed you off for past electrical gremlins, but I think you should really push to escalate it through service. I know from personal experience, my AP2 car with 17.26.76 drives great, and on recent road trips I was able to drive 500+ miles with only 2 disengagements. But one of my coworkers has an AP2 car that wobbled and pulled to one side with the same build. Eventually he was locked out in 55mph only mode as well, and went to the service center for a camera alignment and the performance has improved since then.

I suspect the new build is much less tolerant to alignment discrepancies compared to before.

I know your service center has brushed you off for past electrical gremlins, but I think you should really push to escalate it through service. I know from personal experience, my AP2 car with 17.26.76 drives great, and on recent road trips I was able to drive 500+ miles with only 2 disengagements. But one of my coworkers has an AP2 car that wobbled and pulled to one side with the same build. Eventually he was locked out in 55mph only mode as well, and went to the service center for a camera alignment and the performance has improved since then.

I suspect the new build is much less tolerant to alignment discrepancies compared to before.
When was your car built? Thanks

Got 17.26.76 about 10 days ago on our AP2 MX100D. Car built in March 2017. Drives great in auto steer, both freeway and surface roads work well and car is centered in the lane. Perpendicular parking worked perfectly. No issues so far. Looks like all the bugs have been fixed since this update first came out. Only concern is the mileage numbers have dropped.... 90% charge now shows 260 miles opposed to 274 before this software update.

On 17.26.76 I'm getting a software update sent to my car right now....will update post AP2 12/2016 car. Strange build 2017.28 c528869 - maybe its a new format....havent driven yet will update if anything new (hoping they at least fix the agressive lane changing introduced on 17.26.76

Attachments

• IMG_0892.JPG
    IMG_0892.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0893.JPG
    IMG_0893.JPG
    368.7 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Has anyone seen behaviour like in the attached image? Autopilot has started hugging the left lane line and is misrepresenting the position of other cars in the lane. In the attached you can see the display shows the car in front as being at the far right of the lane but is actually to the left. This isn't a random glitch, it's happening constantly.

This started happening yesterday, I drove 300 miles on the update before that with no issues.

Attachments

• IMG_3103.jpg
    IMG_3103.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 77
On that two lane road with no center median, why is hugging the left line a bad thing?

The left tyre is rolling over the line, if there were a kerb there it would likely hit it. Previously it would stick to the centre of the lane. It's as if the software has recalibrated overnight except now it's basically unusable.

Oh well I see there's a new update out, hopefully that will fix it.

I received an update yesterday evening labeled 2017.28 c528869. Previously 17.26.76.

The release notes are identical to the last update.

Auto lane change has been improved. Based on the firmware name it seems they couldn't get it out fast enough. They couldn't even rename it to something that could be easily relayed in a forum.

I received an update yesterday evening labeled 2017.28 c528869. Previously 17.26.76.

The release notes are identical to the last update.

Auto lane change has been improved. Based on the firmware name it seems they couldn't get it out fast enough. They couldn't even rename it to something that could be easily relayed in a forum.

I think the name change is due to new head of Autopilot but who knows?

I noticed that I can use auto-lane change (and more lanes appear) in areas that did not. For those in or around Chicago, that includes IL-41 and Mannheim around O'Hare now show the (mostly empty) lanes and allow auto-lane change in addition to 90mph autosteer and no +5 limitation.

I wonder if this was a prelude to opening auto-lane change on all streets like AP1 does. Parity is still elusive.

• Informative
Reactions: NerdUno
DSC_1496.JPG
Has anyone seen behaviour like in the attached image? Autopilot has started hugging the left lane line and is misrepresenting the position of other cars in the lane. In the attached you can see the display shows the car in front as being at the far right of the lane but is actually to the left. This isn't a random glitch, it's happening constantly.

This started happening yesterday, I drove 300 miles on the update before that with no issues.
Same here, but my pics are from 17.24.30.
Big trouble getting a wheel in the rumble area and to close to wires or fence.
DSC_1498.JPG

View attachment 236403 .

Last edited:
The picture you show seems to indicate the dashboard display shows the car is centered in the lane. I'm thinking you may have a camera calibration/alignment problem.
Hmm, interesting, thanks for the advice. It works better when there only is 1 lane marker on the left. I believe the car misinterprets what the real boundary is, and picks a marker to far to the left.

@verygreen are you able to see how frequently the AP map tiles update? I take the same route nearly every day and this morning I could not believe how well AP2 was proceeding through intersections without lane markers. It was showing the glowing lanes with no side markers or tracking a blue car in front, behaviors that I rarely saw before.

Still on 17.26.76, so no firmware changes since my previous observation.

@verygreen are you able to see how frequently the AP map tiles update? I take the same route nearly every day and this morning I could not believe how well AP2 was proceeding through intersections without lane markers. It was showing the glowing lanes with no side markers or tracking a blue car in front, behaviors that I rarely saw before.

Still on 17.26.76, so no firmware changes since my previous observation.
The king is naked, I mean there are no map tiles in AP. There are references in the new atlas app to do that.
There's map tile lookup and capabilities to download them, but the /maps directory is empty (at least for me) and atlas process is preprimed with only fremont map tile (that is nonetheless no present, I only see the pathname).
Getting updated maps in CID was easy, but on ap it's different and I am not sure I can actually get it to download at least one tile.

• Informative
Reactions: chillaban