Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

200,000+ Mileage Club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think there are many of us, but I drive 1,000 miles a week. I passed the 200,000 mileage point, so I thought I would share info on my small worn-out 60 battery.

200KScreen.jpg

My FULL charge is 170:

FullCharge.jpg

My 80% charge is 151:

80Charge.jpg

I drive fast, but my average usage is 352 Watt Hours/mile:

352Wh.jpg

I charge for free at my house because of Solar, using 51,727/kWh:

HomeMeter.jpg

and at my office because of Solar, using 21,465/kWh:

OfficeMeter.jpg

Which means when you take out the free Supercharging I have done, I have used 73,192/kWh to drive 200,000 miles. If I did NOT have Solar, it would have cost me $5,050.25 to drive 200,000 miles (Reliant's rate is $0.069/kWh in Dallas, TX.) That is $0.025/mile. I love it!

The one negative? My remaining mileage is WRONG! If I hit 31 miles left on the Dash, the car will stop. Out of juice.

I've heard of getting a replacement battery on warranty from an issue like this. Tesloop had it and Fred wrote about it in elektric. should schedule an appt.

I’m under the impression that only the 85 kWh cars from this era had the 8 year/unlimited mileage warranty.

I think the 60s came with a 125k mile warranty on the battery.

So this means your true 100% rated range is 139 miles down from 208 when new?
Correct. I only stay at SC's long enough to reach the next one, which is between 50-80 minutes. Don't EVER get a small battery if you drive distance. A larger battery lets you charge at a higher Wattage, higher Amperage, and shorter amount of time. I was the test-case to prove this. I will always get 90 or above batteries from now on.

Last edited:
Interesting and informative data. Thanks for that.

That's a ton of driving -- with no AP either. If you don't mind me asking, what has you on the road that much?
Shameless Plug time: I own Apex Express, Inc. which is a Same-Day / Time-Critical Delivery Service. UPS & FedEx are amazing...at tomorrow deliveries. We do everything that does NOT fit their system. Courier / Trucking / & Air Freight that needs to be delivered NOW! Missed deliveries, medicine, broken parts & emergencies are our forte. Dispatch gets in trouble a lot - hence the need for my driving.

I don't think there are many of us, but I drive 1,000 miles a week. I passed the 200,000 mileage point, so I thought I would share info on my small worn-out 60 battery.

View attachment 299991

My FULL charge is 170:

View attachment 299992

My 80% charge is 151:

View attachment 299993

I drive fast, but my average usage is 352 Watt Hours/mile:

View attachment 299994

I charge for free at my house because of Solar, using 51,727/kWh:

View attachment 299995

and at my office because of Solar, using 21,465/kWh:

View attachment 299996

Which means when you take out the free Supercharging I have done, I have used 73,192/kWh to drive 200,000 miles. If I did NOT have Solar, it would have cost me $5,050.25 to drive 200,000 miles (Reliant's rate is $0.069/kWh in Dallas, TX.) That is $0.025/mile. I love it!

The one negative? My remaining mileage is WRONG! If I hit 31 miles left on the Dash, the car will stop. Out of juice.

So straight power from the home not including free supercharging or solar would cost you some $5K for 200K miles? In “fuel”. That’s insane. In a good way.

Your electricity rate is amazing too. Mine is .119/kWh flat rate 24 hours.

Also can you provide data on out of warranty costs? So in the 150K miles out of warranty, what have been your total costs, if any? Super curious to know.

Shameless Plug time: I own Apex Express, Inc. which is a Same-Day / Time-Critical Delivery Service. UPS & FedEx are amazing...at tomorrow deliveries. We do everything that does NOT fit their system. Courier / Trucking / & Air Freight that needs to be delivered NOW! Missed deliveries, medicine, broken parts & emergencies are our forte. Dispatch gets in trouble a lot - hence the need for my driving.
Oh man, how many kidneys and eyeballs have you delivered?

I don't think there are many of us, but I drive 1,000 miles a week.
I passed the 200,000 mileage point, so I thought I would share info on my small worn-out 60 battery.
I would be curious to know how much mileage you can get on your tires?
And what kind of tires you use?

- I just passed 350k miles, with an ICE and I average 80k miles for each set.