Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.46 3387a54 is out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got .46 today while uncorking and other service. I was on .42 when I took it in yesterday. The reason nobody on TeslaFi had it until just a few hours ago was that Tesla changed the API and data wasn't fetched for a couple hours.

Same release notes as 44 as far as I can see:
IMG_20171117_151200.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Swift and Gt1948
Am I remembering correctly that there hasn’t been any mention of AP on any of the release notes in recent memory? I’m not suggesting that anything AP-related changed in .46, but it also doesn’t mean there aren’t any noticeable improvements, right?

That's correct. That said, I'm not sure there's a whole lot of room for improvement without making the full jump to adding new notable features. As of .42, any improvement to the general lane keeping/lane changing behavior of AP2 is probably going to be too subtle to really pin down. We've hit the point of diminishing returns on that.

CHill mode is only available if you have "esp2". Which according to the comments in the code is dualmotor.
I have my Value-model Model S and got Chill Mode with 2017.44. I used it for 30 seconds. It made about as much sense to me as an Audio Chill Mode that makes the volume less loud than what it would be otherwise. If you want to accelerate more slowly, don't you just press the accelerator less? :confused:

I doubt coast to coast happens this year. Tesla got plenty of buzz on the announcements of the semi and roadster last night. This buys them time. I do expect we will see at least one functionality increase by Dec 31 though - auto lane change resulting in freeway interchange automation, GPS nav following and taking exits.

I’ll take that bet. If “auto lane change resulting in freeway interchange automation, GPS nav following and taking exits.“ is not shipped as a public release by 31st Dec 2017, then you will tattoo “I am a Tesla fanboi” on your forehead.

Ok, no tattoos.

But something should be wagered.

Wearing a cheerleading uniform replete with pompoms might get you arrested or at least involuntarily evaluated (5150), so that’s probably out, plus you probably don’t have one handy.

Um... $100 to the charity of the winner’s choice? Boring, but fair and doable and a good cause.

Whaddaya say?

I have my Value-model Model S and got Chill Mode with 2017.44. I used it for 30 seconds. It made about as much sense to me as an Audio Chill Mode that makes the volume less loud than what it would be otherwise. If you want to accelerate more slowly, don't you just press the accelerator less? :confused:
I said that in another thread and got accused of being ‘insensitive’. ;)

Evidently there are people who use the throttle in a binary fashion, step-on, step-off. I guess chill mode would be useful for that style of driving. I drive with Ludicrous enabled all the time and have no problems driving using lower acceleration when with sensitive cargo in the car or driving into my garage, but maybe I somehow possess some unusual skills. I guess chill mode can save you on tickets too, when you see a cop next to you turn on chill mode so that when the light turns green you won't peel away at full throttle from the lights?

I’ll take that bet. If “auto lane change resulting in freeway interchange automation, GPS nav following and taking exits.“ is not shipped as a public release by 31st Dec 2017, then you will tattoo “I am a Tesla fanboi” on your forehead.

Ok, no tattoos.

But something should be wagered.

Wearing a cheerleading uniform replete with pompoms might get you arrested or at least involuntarily evaluated (5150), so that’s probably out, plus you probably don’t have one handy.

Um... $100 to the charity of the winner’s choice? Boring, but fair and doable and a good cause.

Whaddaya say?

There are more than one way to look at things. Yours is not the only point of view. In fact, it's pretty clear that your perspective is a small minority.

AP1 was not activated for a full year. After it was activated, the forums were filled with fearmongering and complaints about its initial performance. Fast forward a couple years, the kinks have been worked out and the consensus is that AP1 is fantastic.

So fantastic that according to TMC members who have looked into it, used car buyers are paying 2-4 times more for AP1 now than they did new ($5-$10K) compared to similarly equipped cars without AP. How much Premium would you Pay for AP1?

This is unheard of. Options virtually always depreciate, usually significantly. In fact, I have never even heard of an option that appreciates at all (except perhaps in classic or antique cars), much less one that appreciates 100-300%. This is the market speaking loudly, and it is saying AP1 is awesome and buyers who were able to get it for $2500-$3000 got an incredible deal, even if it doesn't have every capability that was initially hoped for.

With AP2, virtually everyone except a very vocal minority seems to recognize that it is improving at a very rapid pace, after a rocky start. The vast majority of posters also seem to enjoy using it, except that same vocal minority. People have every right to complain about features that do not exist yet. At the same time, people who enjoy their AP2 cars -- most owners -- are entitled to their perspective.

Personally, I love my AP1 car, but I can't wait to order an AP2 Model 3. I will also be ordering FSD, and look forward to having the opportunity to use it from the activation of the first FSD features, even when it is not close to self-driving. I think it will be a blast -- a once in a lifetime experience.

So it is a matter of perspective. I personally think that the people you call "fanbois" and "cheerleaders" are the vast majority of customers who realize they have remarkable feature, and enjoy using it. You choose to dwell on the shortcomings. That's your perogative.

But repeatedly insulting the vast majority of owners who have a different perspective from you is way out of line IMO. Feel free to continue complaining about AP all you like, but the constant insults and personal attacks at people who are enjoying what are clearly the best systems on the market (AP1 and AP2) is getting old.

There are more than one way to look at things. Yours is not the only point of view. In fact, it's pretty clear that your perspective is a small minority.

AP1 was not activated for a full year. After it was activated, the forums were filled with fearmongering and complaints about its initial performance. Fast forward a couple years, the kinks have been worked out and the consensus is that AP1 is fantastic.

So fantastic that according to TMC members who have looked into it, used car buyers are paying 2-4 times more for AP1 now than they did new ($5-$10K) compared to similarly equipped cars without AP. How much Premium would you Pay for AP1?

This is unheard of. Options virtually always depreciate, usually significantly. In fact, I have never even heard of an option that appreciates at all (except perhaps in classic or antique cars), much less one that appreciates 100-300%. This is the market speaking loudly, and it is saying AP1 is awesome and buyers who were able to get it for $2500-$3000 got an incredible deal, even if it doesn't have every capability that was initially hoped for.

With AP2, virtually everyone except a very vocal minority seems to recognize that it is improving at a very rapid pace, after a rocky start. The vast majority of posters also seem to enjoy using it, except that same vocal minority. People have every right to complain about features that do not exist yet. At the same time, people who enjoy their AP2 cars -- most owners -- are entitled to their perspective.

Personally, I love my AP1 car, but I can't wait to order an AP2 Model 3. I will also be ordering FSD, and look forward to having the opportunity to use it from the activation of the first FSD features, even when it is not close to self-driving. I think it will be a blast -- a once in a lifetime experience.

So it is a matter of perspective. I personally think that the people you call "fanbois" and "cheerleaders" are the vast majority of customers who realize they have remarkable feature, and enjoy using it. You choose to dwell on the shortcomings. That's your perogative.

But repeatedly insulting the vast majority of owners who have a different perspective from you is way out of line IMO. Feel free to continue complaining about AP all you like, but the constant insults and personal attacks at people who are enjoying what are clearly the best systems on the market (AP1 and AP2) is getting old.

What's going on here? You realise that the line of discussion you quoted is in reference to this?

AP2 performance increase by 10/31 - or "Pwned by Mobileye" inked on my buttocks

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
What's going on here? You realise that the line of discussion you quoted is in reference to this?

AP2 performance increase by 10/31 - or "Pwned by Mobileye" inked on my buttocks

Yes. But it is also in the context of a long string of personal attacks on the "liars," "fanbois," "cheerleaders," etc. who dare to disagree with his point of view on AP. You don't have to be a "liar" or "fanboi" to enjoy AP2 or to acknowledge what should be obvious -- that it is improving at a rapid pace.

You can have an honest difference of opinion or perspective without so much nastiness.