Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.50.2 3bd9f6d Is out, Easy Entry after belt unbuckle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
17.42 (and 17.42.1) look like the last really full release with over 860 cars on ev-fw. For some reason, nothing has been ‘good’ enough, stable enough, or something else is always getting added to every release since.

Since 17.50(.x) has features that have been publicized and that are tied to app usage it may be they do push this one out full speed. Have to wait a few days and see how it looks on ev-fw and TeslaFi.

Edit: Well, if they want people to appreciate the Easter Egg, it needs to go and now. :D

Of course, it was delayed by the first 17.50 breaking things and who knows what was wrong with 17.50.1. Did anyone ever hear? I’ve not scoured the forum..

Last edited:
I called my local service center and asked them to push the update to my car. Sure enough a few hours later I got a update notification. So it’s worth giving your service center a call! Also what’s up with the new Easter egg? Does it work on the Model S?

Yep, 23 on ev-fw and I bet that jumps at the top of the hour when it updates....

That's really only for people who added their API token *and* have started the update on their cars.

I got the message a few hours ago, but only in the last hour went out to the car to start the update. It sure would be nice to be able to start the update from the mobile app.

That's really only for people who added their API token *and* have started the update on their cars.

I got the message a few hours ago, but only in the last hour went out to the car to start the update. It sure would be nice to be able to start the update from the mobile app.
Right, I forget everyone isn’t automated. :) And that was only five people if I count correctly (at 6:00 PM ET).

Still think a lot of people will be getting it by tomorrow, and that’s when Santa flies! :D

Update clocks in at 353MB, although the car started downloading 52MB prior to that and then mysteriously stopped. Drove it a mile, back in Park and it started downloading the rest straight away.

Attachments

• CC1870EA-23D4-4DB1-8637-C0D61D3000C6.png
    CC1870EA-23D4-4DB1-8637-C0D61D3000C6.png
    157.7 KB · Views: 92
I received 50.2 today and the app update last night. I enjoy the ho ho ho Easter Egg, but I really want to see the new battery preheat function. With the battery cold, car plugged in and cabin heat turned on via the app, I'm not seeing any indication of battery preheat.
Is anyone seeing this new function yet, or am I doing something wrong?
Edit: I went back to the Play Store and reread the app release notes. It says the temperature needs to be near freezing for battery preheat to turn on. The 45 F that my car is sitting in may not be cold enough.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: GSP and DaddyP713