Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.50.2 3bd9f6d Is out, Easy Entry after belt unbuckle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something is coming - something is gonna drop. The Santa Easter egg makes no sense unless something is about to drop or get switched on. Santa brings presents. Elon has gone quiet on autopilot for a while now. He knows everyone is waiting. A Santa Easter egg would be the wrong move without something else. It would be stupid PR. This is a tease.

How you feeling about that now @calisnow?

• Love
Reactions: TaoJones
Any thoughts or advice [regarding auto-lane-change]?

Based on the recent posts on this thread and others, I would guess that auto-lane-change is behaving differently for the Model S and Model X with 50.2. I have seen several Model X owners indicate it is far too aggressive and the car now darts into adjacent lanes. My experience with auto-lane-change in my MS is that it is quicker to move into another lane, however it is also smooth - not like the head-jerking nonsense we experienced several months ago with previous firmware. This feature is better than the previous iteration - that was too slow to respond and move.​

My only gripe with Auto-lane change is that it doesn't work 100% of the time. I could have a clear lane, turn it on, and it will just sit there with the turn signal going.

This happens quite often for me as well. However it is almost always because I move the turn signal slightly, barely engaging, letting go and then immediately fully engaging. IMO, the car is programmed to stay put because it thinks a mistake was made, or that it just completed a lane change and it needs to wait a few more seconds before it thinks you're ready to change lanes again. I sometimes just cancel AP and turn myself because I don't want to wait for the car to figure it out.​

In other words, it seems to me that the car needs at least 3 to 4 car spaces available before triggering lane change.

I don't think this is accurate. My car changed lanes to move right behind the bumper of a pickup truck yesterday without hesitation. That truck was moving quickly.

I think if the car is able to sense another car approach from the other lane and then pass you, it will still not move over very quick. Instead it will wait a while before that other car is well passed you before changing lanes automatically.​

The following may be more accurate, however I think the car only hesitates to move when it senses another car - it it fails to do so, then it will move over regardless (blind-spot detection for whatever reason is non-existant):​

I have theorized that it may be more about the relative speed of the cars in the target lane and the necessity to adjust speed to match beyond some arbitrary set limit in order to avoid abrupt maneuvers.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: ahkahn and don123
50.2 auto lane change is definitely more aggressive. I don’t mind that, my wife doesn’t like it. I don’t think back seat passengers would like it. Maybe we need a regular and “chill” mode for lane change.
I just took a test drive with my MS75D and it seems more aggressive to me as well. I went from .44 to .50.2. Seems like it was less aggressive in .44.

Slacker also works fine for me 2017 S100D
The problem with Slacker does not seem specific to model or to the firmware. From the dozens of reports and other threads, it appears to be caused when using Slacker while the car is using LTE rather than 3G. It all appears to have been started when AT&T started throttling the LTE connection, which co-incidentally happened about the same time that 2017.42 came out.

The problem with Slacker does not seem specific to model or to the firmware. From the dozens of reports and other threads, it appears to be caused when using Slacker while the car is using LTE rather than 3G. It all appears to have been started when AT&T started throttling the LTE connection, which co-incidentally happened about the same time that 2017.42 came out.

Interesting. I was just discussing this with a buddy. We both have Model S's here in the DC metro area. He has lots of slacker problems, I have only occasional loading errors.

He's on 4g, my car is an older 3G connection...

Interesting. I was just discussing this with a buddy. We both have Model S's here in the DC metro area. He has lots of slacker problems, I have only occasional loading errors.

He's on 4g, my car is an older 3G connection...

I’ve only very occasionally seen any problem with it here(usually San Jose but right now in San Diego, CA) and it goes away within a couple minutes(it seems like a problem with signal or interference) My car is pretty much always on LTE.

I’m on AP2 50.2 and it’s horrible. Lots of loading errors. Been this way for a few months. Metro NY so not a signal issue.

Exactly.

Was it 100% confirmed ATT throttled LTE recently? I’m always on LTE unless on WiFi. When on WiFi, works perfectly. Move to LTE...spin, load error, spin, play, buffer, buffer, play, load error....SUCKS. Service center says they are aware - well come on already Tesla it’s been 2 months, easy.

Reactions: Swift
It’s been happening since well before 50.2. Whatever it is, it’s unacceptable.

On a positive note, I just realized Apple Music streams in MUCH better quality than Spotify. Noticeable difference. Like the regular direct stream. Time to cancel Slacker premium, see ya.

It’s been happening since well before 50.2. Whatever it is, it’s unacceptable.

On a positive note, I just realized Apple Music streams in MUCH better quality than Spotify. Noticeable difference. Like the regular direct stream. Time to cancel Slacker premium, see ya.
Curious,
I wonder if it might be possible that this is only effecting slacker premium subscribers?
Please chime in.

• Love
Reactions: Swift
Exactly.

Was it 100% confirmed ATT throttled LTE recently? I’m always on LTE unless on WiFi. When on WiFi, works perfectly. Move to LTE...spin, load error, spin, play, buffer, buffer, play, load error....SUCKS. Service center says they are aware - well come on already Tesla it’s been 2 months, easy.
I get load errors when playing from USB and have done for years, so that issue isn't specific to streaming.

I get load errors when playing from USB and have done for years, so that issue isn't specific to streaming.

I have gotten those load errors from USB as well - and was able in one case to determine that one track seemed to be the problem. Even though it played fine elsewhere. So out of an abundance of caution, I acquired the same track from a different source, copied it to the USB and at least that load error did not recur.

However, there have been others. So now I travel with multiple USB sticks dedicated for music only and at some point will get around to acquiring a decent large-enough drive to consolidate the collection of sticks and ideally that will be that. Except then I suppose it would be good to have 2-3 of those larger drives in that case (working, spare and reference).

Streaming, or steaming, as it may more aptly be called lately, seems to choke at random intervals now. Which is to say always at least once during a road trip (no signal is what I'd like to think always causes it, but...) and now more as well in the local areas for no particularly evident reason.

Realized I've pretty much written off streaming audio management along with the lack of browser functionality and a few other things that hopefully will be addressed by the 6th or 7th iteration of whatever the "light years ahead" Nav release will be, and, tangentially, maybe by some of the interior refresh updates referenced by other senior management earlier this year. I distinctly recall references to an in-car hotspot *and* dashcam functionality, so, same church, different pew perhaps.

Anyone else notice their Homelink is now working properly to open / close their garage door? Seems to be resolved for me, after inconsistent results on recent firmwares.
I've had my S for just over a year and never had any problem with Homelink. Fortunately, I missed out on the update or two which did have Homelink issues. We haven't had any Homelink issues with the other newer Teslas either. Our garage door openers are relatively new, LiftMaster 8500, and less than three years old.