Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the 320i is not the BMW comparable... but instead the 330i... this is the very base model... and what you consider deficiencies others may consider benefits... when optioned up to $50k, this is an incredible vehicle... i know, this is what I drive (not white):

View attachment 239110
Had you not shorted TSLA you be rolling a 7 and not a poor man's bimmer.

• Funny
Reactions: ValueAnalyst
haha!... i prefer my coche... i'm not interested in being a playa.

You sure you want to stick around here as the life is slowly squeezed out of your precious BMW? It makes sense why you got so worked up over the M3 release. Now Tesla trumps all BMW offerings.
Hey I once loved my BMWs too but sometimes divorce is the best answer.

Reactions: GoTslaGo
On the topic of sales/service footprint expansion, there's news on my neck of the woods (Denver). To this point, Tesla has operated a fairly small service center in downtown Denver and one sales location at Park Meadows mall in the south burbs. That's it for the state of Colorado.

This service location was far too small to handle the volume they'll see in the next couple of years as the 3 rolls out, and while Park Meadows is a great location for a gallery, it's the only one in the state and is not a typical car sales location.

I just came across this very exciting article. Tesla bought a recently-vacated dealership location around 7 miles West of Park Meadows and closer to the western burbs. What's more, this location is right in the middle of a string of dealerships: virtually every major automaker is represented. This will expose to the brand a plethora of prospective vehicle purchasers who may not have even known of Tesla's existence. In short, it's the perfect location for a second Tesla sales presence.

What's more, the article reports that Tesla plans to consolidate service from the Evans location to this one, which seems like a big plus to me: it's larger and more easily accessible. I'll just ignore the dig the CADA rep had to stick in when given the opportunity to provide a quote for the article. If that's the best he's got, I'll take that as another plus.

Finally, the article almost casually mentions that Tesla also opened a gallery in Cherry Creek mall, another high-end mall in another part of town.

In short, Tesla has seriously upped their game in Colorado over the past week.

If horses grow horns then they might be unicorns

There is actually a breed of horses (Moyle) that have 'horns' and yet are not unicorns. Just FYI. :)

Moyle Horse - horns.jpg

Reactions: CorneliusXX
On the topic of sales/service footprint expansion, there's news on my neck of the woods (Denver). To this point, Tesla has operated a fairly small service center in downtown Denver and one sales location at Park Meadows mall in the south burbs. That's it for the state of Colorado..

According to Tesla's website they have the following locations in Colorado

Aspen
    • Store
  • 422 E Cooper Street

Aspen, CO 81611
Vail
    • Store
  • 141 E Meadow Drive #202

Vail, CO 81657
Littleton-Broadway
    • Store
  • 5700 S Broadway

Littleton, CO 80121

Cherry Creek
    • Store
  • 3000 E 1st Ave Space #148

Denver, CO 80206
Denver-Evans Avenue
    • Service Center
  • 6395 E. Evans Avenue

Denver, CO 80222
Lone Tree-Park Meadows
    • Store
    • Supercharger
  • 8401 Park Meadows Center Dr, Suite #1650

Lone Tree, CO 80124
Find Us | Tesla

Interesting that the Unionization story comes out the day before earnings. I assume some sort of discrimination issue will pop up later today or tomorrow as well. The pattern seems to repeat itself each quarter.

Sad that hedgies and other market participants have resulted to these types of games.

It actually came out Monday, which is still pretty 'suspect'. Within the article I read the employees included safety numbers for 2015/16 as evidence that they need a union particularly in regard to employee safety. Unfortunately for them, the 2017 numbers are supposedly better than industry standards. So sighting what used to be rather than what is - well, um...good luck with that.

It's just par for the course with Tesla. In fact I am quite generous given their track record : Jul 31st 2014 Tesla was preducting a yearly run rate of 100k by the end of that year. It took nearly 18 months longer. We are at a similar date looking for a similar end of year prediction.

It's possible not all (important) option plans are mentioned in the 10-Q

Care to cite your source on that? IIRC Tesla guided to end 2015 at ~100k/yr run rate, not 2014. So you are saying they were off by 6 months if I am right.

Edit: checked for myself
http://files.shareholder.com/downlo...8f57412777/Tesla Q2'14 Shareholder Letter.pdf

Provided that we execute well and there are no serious macroeconomic shocks, Tesla’s annualized delivery rate should exceed 100,000 units by the end of next year.

Last edited:
Care to cite your source on that? IIRC Tesla guided to end 2015 at ~100k/yr run rate, not 2014. So you are saying they were off by 6 months if I am right.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...e-plan-pump-out-100-000-cars-per-year-by-2015

I see you edited to provide a link, but I just wanted to confirm. I pulled the 7/31/14 Q2 shareholder letter and it does indeed guide for 100k annualized run rate by end 2015, not 2014.

Of course, they also guided for Model X production in Spring 2015, so... o_O

Reactions: Crowded Mind
Status
Not open for further replies.