Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Rolling Stone, the most famous writer on RS, Matt Taibbi has written an entire chapter on Jim Chanos in his book. I have posted this before - but worth repeating it again.

Google Books link to chapter on Jim Chanos and his dirty tricks

Thanks for the link!

Everyone should read this book throughly, understand how these hedge funds hire people to do all sorts of things to destroy a company. Hedge funds don't win by intelligence and skills, they can't. Warren Buffett used a ten year real world experiment to show that they suck. In stead, they short a company then actively do things to destroy it. There were many examples in the past. This book is a good start to understand what they do.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrendTrader007
I agree about the storing but waiting is going to be irrelevant with a self driving fleet that is driven by your calendar. Also having the ability to have the right sized car at the right time as part of a service seems pretty nice compared to owning a car. I'm sure most of us will want to still own one car but I think the rest can go. Also once you eliminate the driver, you also eliminate time duration restrictions. A cheaper zipcar that is already there when you need it.

My calendar can't adapt as fast as I change my mind or decide I am hungry and want to go a burger joint 7 miles away.

Having a car everywhere at all times would make it much more expensive than owning a car save for crowded city centers like New York.

And zipcar can't store my stuff in case I need it at a moments notice without being more expensive that a private car.

Reactions: Snapdragon III
My calendar can't adapt as fast as I change my mind or decide I am hungry and want to go a burger joint 7 miles away.

Having a car everywhere at all times would make it much more expensive than owning a car save for crowded city centers like New York.

And zipcar can't store my stuff in case I need it at a moments notice without being more expensive that a private car.

I don't know Uber gross booking last year attained 20 billion dollars, and it keeps growing at a fairly huge pace. So the service seems to be quite popular.
Here's How Much Uber Made in Revenue in 2016

The only difference between " Tesla Network " and Uber, is that in a Uber there is someone driving the car.

Nobody should be surprised that Tesla gets a lot of hate, they basically demonstrate that transport and oil is not synonymous, so they pissed off one of the most powerful sectors in the economy .... dahhh

I feel those haters don't hate other electric developments, don't hate other solar elopements, don't hate any renewable energy related progress. They just hate Tesla and Elon Musk. They are usually happy to see there is a Tesla competitor coming. I think most of them are Tesla shorts. Can't rule out oil, dealers, and ICE makers.

I don't know Uber gross booking last year attained 20 billion dollars, and it keeps growing at a fairly huge pace. So the service seems to be quite popular.
Here's How Much Uber Made in Revenue in 2016

The only difference between " Tesla Network " and Uber, is that in a Uber there is someone driving the car.

And the Automotive Industry sold 70M private cars in 2016. And is growing at a huge pace. Forecast for over 100M per year early in the 2020's.

Private cars are quite popular.

TAAS is going to displace Taxis, some trains/busses, drivers living in congested cities that pay over $200 per month in parking fees, and people who don't use their private car very much. Like retired people and college students.

Speaking of Rolling Stone, the most famous writer on RS, Matt Taibbi has written an entire chapter on Jim Chanos in his book. I have posted this before - but worth repeating it again.

Google Books link to chapter on Jim Chanos and his dirty tricks

Interesting. Nothing wrong with spotting shady financials, which is how Chanos made most of his money on Enron, but Chanos is in over his head when he tries to short anything other than an outright scam, and the deliberate lies he spread are disgraceful.

Tesla has honestly some of the cleanest, most straight-up financial reporting I've ever seen. (Look at Amazon or any major bank for a contrast.) Alleging that *clean* companies are fraudulent is at best disgraceful and at worst... what's reported in that chapter. :-(

Thanks for the link!

Everyone should read this book throughly, understand how these hedge funds hire people to do all sorts of things to destroy a company. Hedge funds don't win by intelligence and skills, they can't. Warren Buffett used a ten year real world experiment to show that they suck. In stead, they short a company then actively do things to destroy it. There were many examples in the past. This book is a good start to understand what they do.

There's a complex set of lessons from this, part of which is: if you're going to found, fund, or run a company, make sure it's secure enough to survive deliberate sabotage attacks.

Initially the truck was in the dark. Now we see more and more daylight.

I noticed there is almost no gap between the semi and the trailer. That should reduce the air drag significantly. Also this truck seems to be much shorter than a traditional Semi, the maneuverability should be great.

There's a problem there: how does it make turns? The gap between the tractor and the trailer has to open up to make 90 degree (or sharper) street-corner turns; there's no other way to do it without running into buildings.

Status
Not open for further replies.