Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of clean energy companies are hiring, significantly. There, honestly, needs to be a re-education and placement program for those that are laid off from Coal and Natural Gas companies to move into this new field. There's probably a lot of money in it as well.

Or adults could just take it upon themselves to re-educate themselves for a new career. You know, like in olden days. :rolleyes:

You're assuming that the Tesla Semi will weigh more than a diesel. We don't know the answer to that yet.

Nah, I @Waiting4M3 was saying they will just invent a new tax, they wont actually care how much it weighs. It will be a Tesla only tax that requires them to also sell them at the local RV dealership, because it can be a real truck.

• Helpful
Reactions: DurandalAI
Nah, I @Waiting4M3 was saying they will just invent a new tax, they wont actually care how much it weighs. It will be a Tesla only tax that requires them to also sell them at the local RV dealership, because it can be a real truck.

A specific tesla tax at the Federal level will be difficult to pass.

And for trucks used in multiple states you just register in a low tax state.

Punitive taxes designed to keep a specific company off intra state routes will have a hostile reception in the courts.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog
A specific tesla tax at the Federal level will be difficult to pass.

And for trucks used in multiple states you just register in a low tax state.

Punitive taxes designed to keep a specific company off intra state routes will have a hostile reception in the courts.

Its pretty easy actually. It would be a tax on Class 8 Semis with more then 400 miles of range on a charge. Done. Everyone else gets a tax credit.

GE cuts 12,000 jobs in power equipment division

The GE Power division, which includes Alstom’s power and grid businesses, makes turbines and other equipment for gas and coal-fired power plants that have been hit since the 2015 deal by the rise of renewable energy.

[...]

Siemens, GE’s German rival, also announced thousands of job cuts in its power division last month. About 110 large gas turbines for power generation were likely to be sold worldwide this year, Siemens said, barely more than a quarter of global production capacity of about 400 a year. Lisa Davis, who leads Siemens power and gas business, said the electricity generation industry was facing “disruption of unprecedented scope and speed”.

GE’s problems were exacerbated by the acquisition of Alstom’s business, which is focused on the coal-fired power generation that has been particularly undermined by the global shift to renewables.

The second round of non-employee Model 3 configuration invites just started going out in the last hour. Showing 4-week estimated time to delivery.

Yes. Seems quite a few of those who got invited in the first round were reinvited for their second reservation. All of those who were deferred the second order. Also more deferrals for a different model than in the first round because now 2017 delivery is also unlikely. Therefore I suspect the uptake this round to be lower and a third round to follow quite soon.

Yes. Seems quite a few of those who got invited in the first round were reinvited for their second reservation. All of those who were deferred the second order. Also more deferrals for a different model than in the first round because now 2017 delivery is also unlikely. Therefore I suspect the uptake this round to be lower and a third round to follow quite soon.
I doubt it will be lower. Sure, there will be people that do not want the particular version that is offered but since there are new people being added, the take up rate should be the same (or possibly higher).

Its pretty easy actually. It would be a tax on Class 8 Semis with more then 400 miles of range on a charge. Done. Everyone else gets a tax credit.

It would not be easy to pass on the Federal level because there would be oppostion from Democrats, any Republican from Nevada, plus the Republicans in the Gang of Eight.

Ditto big opposition in the Blue States.

Again, in the Red States there would be the Federal and local courts.

I would love to be a Tesla lawyer seeking a Court repeal of a Tax that exempts electric semi's from Daimler,Volvo and Cummins and only hits Tesla.

It would not be easy to pass on the Federal level because there would be oppostion from Democrats, any Republican from Nevada, plus the Republicans in the Gang of Eight.

Ditto big opposition in the Blue States.

Again, in the Red States there would be the Federal and local courts.

I would love to be a Tesla lawyer seeking a Court repeal of a Tax that exempts electric semi's from Daimler,Volvo and Cummins and only hits Tesla.

I really was kidding, but still wouldn't be surprised based on other laws clearly targeting Tesla.

I'm getting impatient. ;) It's time to put stakes in the heart of the vampire fossil fuel businesses.

As soon as Tesla manages to sort out the production bugs at Gigafactories 1 and 2 and Fremont, and sort out the service situation at least somewhat, I want them to raise more capital to duplicate the factories. And perhaps capitalize mines if necessary.

Increasing signs of life in Model 3 production: Our Non-Employee Maxed Out Model 3 is Delivering Monday!!! - VIN #2079 - it’s for my GF and she’s like a kid at Christmas! • r/teslamotors

Non-employee VIN 2079 is scheduled for delivery on Monday. It appears that VINs in the 1-2k range are being assigned and delivered. With only about 3 weeks left in 2017, I’m guessing that total Model 3 deliveries will number less than 5,000, and probably less than 3,000.

I'm not sure if key market participants will be swayed by the Model 3 deliveries number in 4Q17. They will think longer term. Can't say the same for some retail investors, so there may be a short-lived volatility for a day or two, as there always has been.

Last edited:
I'm getting impatient. ;) It's time to put stakes in the heart of the vampire fossil fuel businesses.

As soon as Tesla manages to sort out the production bugs at Gigafactories 1 and 2 and Fremont, and sort out the service situation at least somewhat, I want them to raise more capital to duplicate the factories. And perhaps capitalize mines if necessary.

I think once Model 3 production is ramped up enough to calm the nervous nellies in the market we will hear more about plans for GFs 3, 4, 5, etc. I have no doubt the planning and groundwork continues behind the scenes.

I'm not sure if key market participants will be swayed by the Model 3 deliveries number in 4Q17. They will think longer term. Can't say the same for some retail investors, so there may be a short-lived volatility for a day or two, as there always has been.
Agreed. We need sign of 500+ per week, by end of year. Big Model S & X deliveries will help a bit and TE revenue, but I don’t see a sustained rally without Model 3 mass production.

Production becomes critical after that, as the lack of revenue will impact cash flow needed for the ramp to 10,000 and Semi and Roadster.

Reactions: doctoxics
I think once Model 3 production is ramped up enough to calm the nervous nellies in the market we will hear more about plans for GFs 3, 4, 5, etc. I have no doubt the planning and groundwork continues behind the scenes.

Good thought. Could certainly be true. Hopefully t's more likely than them holding off announcing GF plans because GF1 and 2 have both had rough sailing to get to the initial production goals projected by the original dates. SC upper and maybe mid level leadership screwed GF2 up big time.

Reactions: neroden
Status
Not open for further replies.