Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They already have: Model X

It is strange that the FF 91 has all these other whiz bang features, but they don't talk about air filtration, something critical for the smoggy markets like Chinese cities.

Interesting that the head of propulsion for FF pulled out what looked like a 18650 cylindrical cell. And given their performance and range numbers, looks like they don't have any significant advances in battery chemistry beyond what we normally see. Taking 130 kWh at 6C, is 780 kW and that's what it gets. With 780 kW (1050 hp) on tap, they can only manage to match a Model S P100D? That must be quite a heavy vehicle.

I'm not worried just confused. I watched APPL for the past 15+ years have unbelievable numbers (sales, GM and profits) but not match the insane numbers WS dreamed up so the SP would tank. Now TSLA misses its own number by several thousand and the SP goes ballistic. I'm thrilled but still very confused. I really have to start drinking heavily. Maybe then this might begin to make sense.
Despite Tesla not making delivery guidance as a production rather than sales constrained company the important numbers are production. And they hit that target. Cash flow is irrelvant on a quarterly delivery basis because of accountants payable terms. The 'miss' wasn't a miss. It was a double. Not a home run like many were hoping, but Tesla always misses. This time they hit a double.

Tesla Motors Initiated at Buy by Guggenheim

Tesla Motors Price Target Announced at $280.00/Share by Guggenheim

Oh, I get it finally! Forget fundamentals, forget technical analysis, here is a way to make money:

1. Make a bet (short/long bear/bull does not really matter) investing money
2. Have an analyst friend write a report and issue matching recommendation
3. Profit $$$

I'm not worried just confused. I watched AAPL for the past 15+ years have unbelievable numbers (sales, GM and profits) but not match the insane numbers WS dreamed up so the SP would tank. Now TSLA misses its own number by several thousand and the SP goes ballistic. I'm thrilled but still very confused. I really have to start drinking heavily. Maybe then this might begin to make sense.

As an old APPL and TSLA investor:
a little weed is particularly clarifying-
for an Investor in massive disruptive stocks, it's classified as medicinal

I'm not worried just confused. I watched AAPL for the past 15+ years have unbelievable numbers (sales, GM and profits) but not match the insane numbers WS dreamed up so the SP would tank. Now TSLA misses its own number by several thousand and the SP goes ballistic. I'm thrilled but still very confused. I really have to start drinking heavily. Maybe then this might begin to make sense.

My theory is this:

AAPL was driven by only one side. Long side. Either buying or selling. But TSLA has two sides. There is a short side that shorts and covers. If the news is not negative enough they maybe forced to cover which propels the stock up. Or Alternatively longs buy ahead in anticipation of shorts covering (whether that happens or not is a different story). So this complicates and creates these scenarios of going up on bad news.

Also there is this good old dynamic. If some big players want to get on the long side. They will start (or resume) their buying on bad news. As there will be many sellers the big buyers will be able to accumulate with out too much price appreciation.

In an nutshell, predicting TSLA prices in short-term seems to be a crap-shoot.

Luckily, I am still net long, very long actually. I reduced my exposure yesterday from ludicrous mode to just plain insane mode. Still very happy with the price rise.

Twice now we've bounced off 225.

We've seen this pattern before many times - some threshold number we bounce off of in the midst of a meteoric rise takes 3 or 4 or 5 bounces before we punch through it.

EDIT: Three times...

Since the bounce seems to happen at exactly 225, I would say that sell orders set at 225 are being activated. The good news is we're chipping away at them with each bounce.

I'm interested in hearing or seeing progress on the Gigafactory's data center.
Anyone else?
  • It would be a catalyst for valuation of TE future plans for 'managed distributed solar/storage'
  • It helps de-risk the future of Supercharger Network (I keep seeing the statements "they oughta just tell us on the screen what's up at the next SC on our trip" and "show me which stall to plug in for the bestest charge, Elon!" - and what is all of this if not just data herding?
  • Catalyzes wallstreet's perception of Tesla's moat in autonomous driving deep learning neural net
  • Other uses I am not imaginative enough to get
Hard for analysts to "get" the existence or utility of yuuuge amounts of data and methods of wrangling it -- but if they SEE a data center while being reminded of the above bullets...?

But I wasn't invited.

Reactions: NOLA_Mike
Status
Not open for further replies.