Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an investor for the long haul, however its not looking good right now. Oh well.
Pretend you have 10x the number of shares, @10% the price
Would you freak out if price varied between $29.5 and $32.2?
Retain your equanimity. Keep calm and invest.
Change things to % to keep calm.

Good to know that you'll cover the reveal event.

Do you think they will show a production vehicle?

BTW thanks a lot for your great work!
Just fyi, it's not a "reveal" event. It's just a factory tour (albeit a "VIP" one that's slightly longer) for referral program winners. And they'll be showing a Model 3... but we don't know if it'll be a prototype or release candidate. I don't expect anything new or exciting from the event. They already have shown the Model 3 in previous events - M3 reveal, GF tour, Employee party, and Solar roof event.

Slow your roll. I was referring to Tesla providing liability insurance as an insurer, which they have openly discussed. They did this in reference to their cars being safer and not see discounts from the current insurers.

Your statement was that Tesla doesn't use product liability insurance, they self insure. I said things might change with autonomous cars because they may have new responsibilities as the operator in relation to autonomous software. They damn well would be smart to get insurance unless they are ultra confident the autonomous cars won't be causing injuries or deaths. If they are confident they can do what they do today and self insure and deal with lawsuits as they come up. There will also be regulatory issues that may require autonomous car companies to own responsibility and maintain insurance.

Just fyi, it's not a "reveal" event. It's just a factory tour (albeit a "VIP" one that's slightly longer) for referral program winners. And they'll be showing a Model 3... but we don't know if it'll be a prototype or release candidate. I don't expect anything new or exciting from the event. They already have shown the Model 3 in previous events - M3 reveal, GF tour, Employee party, and Solar roof event.

Even so, a good look at the state of the factory would be very interesting. And if it is close enough to show us, it might be close enough to show the press. The market right now wants to know if the Model 3 is on track. Any news that puts it more on track than not would be good. Now, in July, as they actually try to make cars, then there could be some added volatility.

Status
Not open for further replies.