Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla shows first picture of Model 3 body-in-white

IMG_0133.PNG

• Love
Reactions: everman
not according to Elon Musk:

"Will we actually be able to achieve volume production on July 1 next year? Of course not,"

Tesla wants to make up to 200,000 Model 3s in the second half of 2017

do you have evidence otherwise?

Tesla sets July 1, 2017 production date for Model 3, but there's a catch

If you need any more proof that this guy and mmd are absolutely clueless. They're about a year behind judging from those links.

There's plenty of things with uncertainty, but I don't know anything that would prevent us from starting production in July, and exceeding 5,000 units a week by the end of the year.

Source: Q1 2017 Earnings Call
Tesla (TSLA) Q1 2017 Results - Earnings Call Transcript | Seeking Alpha

If you think this is 'not looking good' you are lucky you were not around to see the dips from 280ish to 140 and again from 280 to 180 ov er the last 2-3 years.:rolleyes:

Elon does not want the stock to be over bought. So he is trying to select out skittish stockholders that will cause those sorts of oscillations. [He does not want Kramer to have any stock to sell.]

Maybe Adam Jonas got in trouble for this:

The problem with Adam Jonas is that he panics from time to time when people call him a Tesla-Fanboy (some call him even Fanboi), that get's under his skin and so he puts out some negative notes or lower the estimation, unfortunately he has not the mental and moral strength of a Trip Chowdhry.

Straubel just gifted 22,000 shares to charity. I think that's a really positive sign that the SP is going to appreciate greatly in the near future.
Ofc, the charity can cash in immediately, but usually that's not the case when they receive a gift in stocks. They keep it, and cash in only occasionally when they need some capital.
That's unusual in the US. Normally the charity has to have some sort of investment policy, usually specifying some proportions of index funds and bond funds, stuff like that. A significant stock gift (~$700k) would normally be realized soon and re-invested according to their plan. (Funnily enough, I just went through this re-balancing exercise today for a charity I'm involved with.)

• Informative
Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
Status
Not open for further replies.