Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And... now we know why it took 'a few extra days' to get the self driving video. This has 'doctored demo' written all over it. Very disappointing.
The second demo video was published on Nov 18. Looks like it corresponded to the miles logged in Nov from the report. I wonder how many of the miles logged in Oct was training/debugging or actually just taking multiple attempts before having the Nov perfect attempt.

Last edited:
Reactions: everman
And... now we know why it took 'a few extra days' to get the self driving video. This has 'doctored demo' written all over it. Very disappointing.
It's not that simple. Tesla Vision is based on AI. That AI needed training. Hence more miles needed then just that one drive. They couldn't just roll out the garage and self-drive.

btw: There is a video that appears to be unedited.

Last edited:

Except that second video was for uninterrupted drive. Nothing doctored there, unless you consider training neural network software as "doctoring the demo". :rolleyes:

It's not that simple. Tesla Vision is based on AI. That AI needed training. Hence more miles needed then just that one drive. They couldn't just roll out the garage and self-drive.

btw: There is a video that appears to be unedited.

What about the billion+ miles already driven with AP 1.0 that is brought up by everyone? Were they of no use?

I'm wondering, if that video could be a result of special effects as seen in movies, by shooting against a blue screen and then super imposing the car on another video.
Or this route was driven many times before, then the final video was produced from the drive that had no intervention. Further self driving tests were abandoned after the mission was accomplished.

If full self driving is coming in 3-6 months,the tests should have increased exponentially. Instead, they have tapered off.

Jenny Messerly, a software engineer in the Bay Area, canceled her Model 3 order over the weekend.

“While I would like to help fund technological progress to fight climate change, as an LGBT American, raw survival is now the main concern,” she told BuzzFeed. “Learning of Elon Musk’s relationship with Trump was the decisive factor for me.”

She said she was surprised to see Musk serving as an adviser to Trump, particularly on two separate councils. “Two is certainly worse than one, in that it indicates deeper ties,” Messerly said.

Righteous indignation at its best or if you'd prefer, someone lashing out at whomever/whatever they can from a feeling of helplessness and fear.

If that made her feel better, then good for her. But I suspect it didn't. In the end it was nothing more than an act of self-sacrifice.

If only these people had been equally as critical of other OEM CEO's after producing millions of vehicles with various defects and going to such lengths to hide those defects that were/have hurt/killed people. Where's this kind of outrage for VW and all the rest? Why are those companies still in business selling tens of thousands of vehicles? Why is GM still in business having covered up their ignition switch issue that killed people?

Hypocrite, much?

I'm wondering, if that video could be a result of special effects as seen in movies, by shooting against a blue screen and then super imposing the car on another video.
Or this route was driven many times before, then the final video was produced from the drive that had no intervention. Further self driving tests were abandoned after the mission was accomplished.

Seriously? Occam's razor, dude. Occam's razor.

Or this route was driven many times before, then the final video was produced from the drive that had no intervention. Further self driving tests were abandoned after the mission was accomplished

Not a chance. Did you even watch the video?

Posting random stuff IS an attempt at "special effects"

But FSD isn't coming in 3-6 months, and Tesla never said it would be. Elon said that he hoped to be able to provide a demo video of an autonomous drive from CA to NY by the end of 2017. So FSD is still a long ways off.

Musk Wants To Begin Shifting Teslas To 'Full' Self-Driving Capability Within 6 Months
Forbes said:
Elon Musk, Tesla’s brash CEO, says his electric vehicles will start to gain that capability within just six months.

In response to a question about the value of adding “Full Self Driving Capability” to the Palo Alto, California-based company’s products ahead of “regulatory approval,” Musk wrote: “…safety should improve significantly due to autonomy features, even if regs disallow no driver present.”

When a follow-on question asked how soon “full” self-driving, beyond Autopilot’s abilities, would arrive, Musk responded: “3 months maybe, 6 months definitely.”

Oh come on.

We all posted those news articles when they came out as a classic example of how the media misconstrues everything Elon says.

Elon was asked when FSD-optioned cars would start to differentiate feature-wise from EAP-only cars. He replied 3 months maybe, 6 months definitely. That doesn't mean FSD fully implemented by then. That means you can see some differences between EAP and FSD.

The only way the weight of the battery at the bottom of the car could affect the roof integrity is if the car flipped over, which has proven to be impossible in testing.

I see! The only one ever.

Well... no:
5 teens survive 80-foot leap, rollover in Tesla Model S crash

And here's one with an X:
Tesla Autopilot Blamed in Model X Rollover Crash [UPDATE]

Never say never... you just have to try harder.

Canned food is (over) cooked to the point where there is no possibility of life in the food.

I eat raw and fermented vegan and vegetarian foods both of which contain living enzymes.

I selected funny in response to the people who selected disagree (not dislike), regarding your dietary choices. I'm not sure if you are being dry, referring to a scene in Baby maor have very sophisticated culinary sensibilities.
What about the billion+ miles already driven with AP 1.0 that is brought up by everyone? Were they of no use?

If full self driving is coming in 3-6 months,the tests should have increased exponentially. Instead, they have tapered off.
thank you for jogging my memory. That video is a colorized version of a stooges chase scene. Worst part is it was a Shemp episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.