Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Model 3 vehicle development, supply chain and manufacturing are on track to support volume deliveries in the second half of 2017. In early February, we began building Model 3 prototypes as part of our ongoing testing of the vehicle design and manufacturing processes. Initial crash test results have been positive, and all Model 3-related sourcing is on plan to support the start of production in July. Installation of Model 3 manufacturing equipment is underway in Fremont and at Gigafactory 1, where in January, we began production of battery cells for energy storage products, which have the same form-factor as the cells that will be used in Model 3. Later this year, we expect to finalize locations for Gigafactories 3, 4 and possibly 5 (Gigafactory 2 is the Tesla solar plant in New York).

Some guy on CNBC (don't know his name) says that demand is stalling, and that the Bolt is outselling the Model S (?!). He's smug as hell, too. So it looks like we'll continue to have this thing all to ourselves for some time; the shorts are still singing the same song.

(I know, I know, I went all to cash 'cause I got scared by an orange, but I went back long LEAPS before earnings.)

Edit: holy cow, that was Spiegel?! Oh, CNBC, how far you've fallen.

Spreadsheet updated: Tesla

Attachments

• IMG_1037.PNG
    IMG_1037.PNG
    512 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1038.PNG
    IMG_1038.PNG
    507.1 KB · Views: 62
What has journalism come to? I see reports that the loss widened and shrank, missed revenue and beat revenue. Poor algo's, there's too much to choose from.
Its complicated by analysts not being clear if their expectations are against the GAAP or non-GAAP numbers.

As everyone was saying yesterday though - the numbers are not the story here. Model 3 is. And saying initial deliveries in July followed by volume in September says to me that the employee deliveries start in July. General public in September. Turning "late 2017" into a month, is a pretty big vote of confidence in the schedule. Crushes all the "Its gonna be late" arguments. Also - hitting 5k/wk some time in Q4 says definitely more than just a few squeaking in under the wire to say it was "late 2017".

Status
Not open for further replies.