Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you are right and the October Blues identified by D-egg-O is over as well.

In pre-Market, looks like we breached 200MA. Seems this is triggering a lot of traders to jump in and support it based on TA.
Shorts who have made good money will likely cover with profits before earnings.

As for longs, they are mostly silly and believers .. so likely they will stay put and not sell their shares in this cult stock. They still believe...

What I meant to say is $320. I think CC will give us some stability. There’s just way too much room for speculation and fear mongering right now that needs to be put to rest.

screenshot67.jpg

Tesla does not have to sell a single panel or powerpack to make enormous amounts of money from them. Hundreds of thousands of Model 3s and Semis in the near future charging could help make Tesla the largest utility in the world. Financing this should be simple because the audience is pretty much captive at this point and even if there was competition for charging, Tesla would still have pricing power because they will be deploying microgrids that can generate 24x7 electricity for 5c/KWh. This would lead to massive cash flows that would be very resilient even in bad economies.

This again. Tesla would not be able to consolidate the vehicle owners. The incentive would be for vehicle owners would be to use the power themselves.

Are you Foghat with a new username?

Estate planning tip which you probably already knew: if the stock's in your name (alone, not joint) and your wife will inherit it, under current US law when you die, the tax basis is reset, the capital gains up to that point go poof and she never hasThe to pay taxes on them.

Thanks.

The majority of our stock is in a joint account so she gets half of that tax protection. Others are directly owned by me with her as beneficiary. I don't know if that has to be settled in cash and, in any case, when the Dems take power, if ever, this loophole for the wealthy might be closed. Our estate attorney put our home in a trust with wife as sole beneficiary rather than registering with the County as jointly owned. Wife is alternate trustee for the trust on my demise, or incapacity.

Fingers crossed, I think we have access to pretty good legal advice. Your help is, as always, welcome.

Though I never had anything like pre-legal advising if you teach enough government students you're bound to spawn some lawyers. Though I'm critical of the profession in our country, three students have become Superior Court judges and many quite well off. One, decades ago, when he earned over $100,000 a year for the first time once said, "it's all because of you saying in class, once, 'If I had to do it all over again I' be an attorney.'" As I recall the conversation there was a caveat: "I'd get rich and then seriously kick some politicians' asses."

• Love
Reactions: TrendTrader007
Thanks.

The majority of our stock is in a joint account so she gets half of that tax protection. Others are directly owned by me with her as beneficiary. I don't know if that has to be settled in cash and, in any case, when the Dems take power, if ever, this loophole for the wealthy might be closed. Our estate attorney put our home in a trust with wife as sole beneficiary rather than registering with the County as jointly owned. Wife is alternate trustee for the trust on my demise, or incapacity.

Fingers crossed, I think we have access to pretty good legal advice. Your help is, as always, welcome.

Though I never had anything like pre-legal advising if you teach enough government students you're bound to spawn some lawyers. Though I'm critical of the profession in our country, three students have become Superior Court judges and many quite well off. One, decades ago, when he earned over $100,000 a year for the first time once said, "it's all because of you saying in class, once, 'If I had to do it all over again I' be an attorney.'" As I recall the conversation there was a caveat: "I'd get rich and then seriously kick some politicians' asses."

Hate to clog this up, but since you live in California...

Talk to your accountant or estate planning attorney, but pretty sure residents of community property states get a full step-up of basis of both sides of the ownership.

In other words, no need to worry about Neroden's point if you live in a community property state.

Tesla Model 3 VIN up to 2639 registered with NHTSA ahead of Q3 report

Snippet from above..
The latest Model 3 Vehicle Identification Numbers (VIN) that was registered with the NHTSA is 5YJ3E1EA0HF002639.
Based on the rate of incremental increase of Model 3 VINs being registered, data from last week suggests that Tesla is pacing at over 500 Model 3 VINS registered per week. While it’s still difficult to tell what the actual production numbers are for Model 3, we’re able to see an exponential increase in vehicles being registered with the safety administration, possibly suggesting that Tesla is navigating the ramp portion of its production S-curve

Snippet from above..
The latest Model 3 Vehicle Identification Numbers (VIN) that was registered with the NHTSA is 5YJ3E1EA0HF002639.
Based on the rate of incremental increase of Model 3 VINs being registered, data from last week suggests that Tesla is pacing at over 500 Model 3 VINS registered per week. While it’s still difficult to tell what the actual production numbers are for Model 3, we’re able to see an exponential increase in vehicles being registered with the safety administration, possibly suggesting that Tesla is navigating the ramp portion of its production S-curve

What is 2639 upside down? o_O

Hate to clog this up, but since you live in California...

Talk to your accountant or estate planning attorney, but pretty sure residents of community property states get a full step-up of basis of both sides of the ownership.

In other words, no need to worry about Neroden's point if you live in a community property state.

Pretty sure I didn't follow everything.

Someone said that if you work it right the widow need never pay federal gains taxes on any gains prior to spouses death.

I don't see how California helps?

Snippet from above..

There's likely *at least* a 2 week lag on actually seeing anything from this. Keep in mind we still have yet to see anything above 1000, and those were registered a *long* time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.