Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bollinger band at 232. I wonder if we test that. That little hammer yesterday was a beauty.

Jan_6_2017.JPG

IMO the jump yesterday signalled the first moves by big shorts to cover their positions and get out. We're between the worldwide deliveries announcement and the gigafactory tour on one hand, and the ER in about a month on the other. Shorts know that it's only a matter of time before the SCTY and TE parts of the business start to add even more profit to the car side, which is marginally profitable depending on your point of view, but really shows no serious signs of decline.

The writing is on the wall and some shorts are starting to read it.

IMO the jump yesterday signalled the first moves by big shorts to cover their positions and get out. We're between the worldwide deliveries announcement and the gigafactory tour on one hand, and the ER in about a month on the other. Shorts know that it's only a matter of time before the SCTY and TE parts of the business start to add even more profit to the car side, which is marginally profitable depending on your point of view, but really shows no serious signs of decline.

The writing is on the wall and some shorts are starting to read it.

Based on the data from Fidelity trading screen shots that I take throughout the day - see posts up-thread - there was no short covering yesterday, and this is good news. I prefer them (short sellers) stay for little longer. :D

Bollinger band at 232. I wonder if we test that. That little hammer yesterday was a beauty.

View attachment 209355

That yesterday formation that was a beauty is technically called hanging man as opposed to hammer when it happens during the uptrend and actually could indicate a reversal. We had couple of those during this uptrend, but TSLA blew right by them, marching up. Hopefully we'll keep doing this for a while...

Shorts covering?

Nope, there were some shares available for shorting (most likely) added by Fidelity after 8:00am, and some low level shorting after open. One of the reasons I am watching this is that I would like to know when massive covering take place, as that would be a signal to get out of the short term / medium term trading positions. These guys are not convinced yet, which I take as a good news...

Snap1.png

That yesterday formation that was a beauty is technically called hanging man as opposed to hammer when it happens during the uptrend and actually could indicate a reversal. We had couple of those during this uptrend, but TSLA blew right by them, marching up. Hopefully we'll keep doing this for a while...

Yes, saw the hanged man, but hoping it was a hammer...that being said, the long Green Day preceding it made me think we were/are repeating the Rising Three Methods continuation pattern in one form or another, that TSLA has been following for last couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.