Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't GM use the LG skateboard for their Bolt? This Forbes article makes it sound like GM invented the concept of using their own, get this, battery pack in the floor, to make several different models of EVs. Takes shots at Tesla only building a few hundred Model 3's because of "production hell" while ignoring the other models. Wonder what this "journalist" thinks of GMs chances after the release of the new Roadster. Think the future Bolt variant will compete with it?

image.jpeg
l

The price action today was perfect, as I could buy a few J20 options at a bargain price :)
No doubt about the future, I will buy more at lower prices, if available:eek:

• Love
Reactions: MitchJi and AlMc
Only because I'm helping save the planet, honest ;)
Your reservation does even more than save the planet - it helps save the model 3!

The marketing genius is in selling what amounts to a short-term bond wrapped around a F***ing awesome car.

Your cash gives Elon time to fix the bottlenecks without (hopefully) anymore visits to the capital markets!

Wife sent me this - Amber Heard and Elon Musk reunite at breakfast haunt in LA | Daily Mail Online

Sometimes she's more on top of TSLA news than I am. :)

I think Elon needs to find a woman at his level of intellect, or same kind of intellect (not necessarily his level). I'm not saying Amber Heard is dumb, but a woman that has a scientific or engineering type of background would do him good. A bit like Melinda Gates.

The reason his relationships don't last, other than the fact that he has an erratic schedule, is that their conversations subjects are probably too limited. And it must be hard to relate to each other.

---------

I'm saying that but I have in minds tons of couple who worked out and who were polar opposite, so I don't know. But that's what I feel.

I think Elon needs to find a woman at his level of intellect, or same kind of intellect (not necessarily his level). I'm not saying Amber Heard is dumb, but a woman that has a scientific or engineering type of background would do him good. A bit like Melinda Gates.

The reason his relationships don't last, other than the fact that he has an erratic schedule, is that their conversations subjects are probably too limited. And it must be hard to relate to each other.

---------

I'm saying that but I have in minds tons of couple who worked out and who were polar opposite, so I don't know. But that's what I feel.

Umm... who are you to tell someone else what type of person they need to find? Who even asked for your opinion on this personal matter?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lhan
Doesn't GM use the LG skateboard for their Bolt? This Forbes article makes it sound like GM invented the concept of using their own, get this, battery pack in the floor, to make several different models of EVs. Takes shots at Tesla only building a few hundred Model 3's because of "production hell" while ignoring the other models. Wonder what this "journalist" thinks of GMs chances after the release of the new Roadster. Think the future Bolt variant will compete with it?

Fun fact is that Tesla Semi beats Chevy Bolt 0 to 60. Need to ping Anton Whalman to write an article...

---------

Has anyone seen our Market Action thread? It seems hard to find these days even though some of these posts are interesting to read.:)

I'm surprised that the market hasn't understood the magnitude of disruption that is the Tesla Semi. It is not just another semi. It is so much better than anything else, that it makes all other trucks obsolete. If someone needs a truck now, then they have to buy a diesel. But in 3 years, the Tesla semi will be the only truck worth buying. It will take a few years for the slow people to realize that charging while you load is much more efficient than having to make a special trip to the gas station, so they may not buy one at first. But I have no doubt that Tesla will be the market leader once production ramps, just like the Model S quickly took over the luxury car market.

Awesome dude! Great! I’m tempted to sell 1000 shares and buy one now but then it’s super hard for me to sell a single share
Who knows what 1000 shares will be worth in 10 years maybe $6 million so probably best to let them be

Me too. Since I am expecting 2018 to be great so that 1000 shares could be worth many roadsters. Just make a normal non founder reservation then. Best of both world.

Poor guy. Honestly his first wife told him (and the world) *exactly* what he was doing that caused her to leave him, and she was very sensitive about it, as well as extremely clear -- she's a good writer. Despite wanting a long-term partner, he's repeated the same mistakes in all his subsequent relationships. They're classic workaholic mistakes: he's spending so much focus on work that he starts treating his partner as an accessory to his work and doesn't compromise on work to meet her needs and desires.

Relationships are *work*. Not as much as children... but Elon deliberately outsourced most of the childcare to nannies (said so himself) and you can't outsource the relationship work.

I think as investors we may want him to continue being a workaholic, but he's never going to have a happy love life until he takes a few steps back to give himself enough time and energy to work on romantic relationships. I hope he manages to delegate enough of the Tesla management soon that he can do that (he seems to have delegated enough of SpaceX).

All his exes are still friends with him. (And apparently with each other.) But they can't have romantic relationships with him unless he's prepared to spend the time and energy on the relationship, and he won't because he's too busy saving the world.

Poor guy. I don't think he understands it.

Last edited:
Poor guy. Honestly his first wife told him (and the world) *exactly* what he was doing that caused her to leave him, and she was very sensitive about it, as well as extremely clear -- she's a good writer. Despite wanting a long-term partner, he's repeated the same mistakes in all his subsequent relationships. They're classic workaholic mistakes: he's spending so much focus on work that he starts treating his partner as an accessory to his work and doesn't compromise on work to meet her needs and desires.

Relationships are *work*. Not as much as children... but Elon deliberately outsourced most of the childcare to nannies (said so himself) and you can't outsource the relationship work.

I think as investors we may want him to continue being a workaholic, but he's never going to have a happy love life until he takes a few steps back to give himself enough time and energy to work on romantic relationships. I hope he manages to delegate enough of the Tesla management soon that he can do that (he seems to have delegated enough of SpaceX).

All his exes are still friends with him. (And apparently with each other.) But they can't have romantic relationships with him unless he's prepared to spend the time and energy on the relationship, and he won't because he's too busy saving the world.

Elon could use some intensive yoga retreat experience to sync up his spiritual and emotional side to his current self... but maybe after the model 3 production issues got sorted out.

I think he understands, I just think he prioritises his work over romantic relationships. Not everyone needs a long term relationship to be happy, although i do admit it is pretty fantastic when it's working.

Status
Not open for further replies.