Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The profits from how many M3s will be required to build one Service Center? I'm thinking it's a lot.
I am very, very roughly guessing -- based on guesses regarding staffing counts and salaries -- that a service center costs $1 - $2 million per year to operate, before any income from it. (One-time capital costs are unimportant.) Disregard any income because so much of it is warranty work. Tesla needs to build quite a lot -- a couple of hundred in the US -- but there is a finite limit to how many they need to have -- once they have sufficient geographic coverage in an area, I believe they can stop.

I am very, very roughly guessing -- based on guesses regarding staffing counts and salaries -- that a service center costs $1 - $2 million per year to operate, before any income from it. (One-time capital costs are unimportant.) Disregard any income because so much of it is warranty work. Tesla needs to build quite a lot -- a couple of hundred in the US -- but there is a finite limit to how many they need to have -- once they have sufficient geographic coverage in an area, I believe they can stop.
Ford, GM, Toyota each have a few thousand dealerships in the US. A couple hundred sounds a little low for Tesla for the long term, maybe OK for M3 in 2018, but may need more when MY hits and they get to millions of cars by 2020.

Reactions: Johann Koeber
Why does TSLA always tank over the holiday weeks and ruin our good holidays? :p . I'm just bitter because I made a big purchase this past Friday near recent highs. Money was there the previous Friday with TSLA in the 310's, but I wasn't notified the transfer into my account had been completed. So waited all week for a pullback, then bought in at the top. Gotta love it. Long-term, not a big deal. Just frustrating right now.

Edit: Maybe the pullback is this week so we can go up the week of Christmas?
Look at the long term, and look at the beautiful sunset. I’m not too concerned where TSLA is today, because I’m confident that this time next year, our new floor will be $400, with us yammering about when $500 will be the new ATH.

Attachments

• 6EB2C8D0-4C01-4E58-8685-6DD896488325.jpeg
    6EB2C8D0-4C01-4E58-8685-6DD896488325.jpeg
    332.9 KB · Views: 53
OK, bored at work, only Norway stats to save me from brain-death. Here's a little graph I made, which shows some interesting stuff: 2x deliveries this year compared with any previous, Model S deliveries this year greater than S+X last year, Model X deliveries 1000 more than Model S in 2017...

And still counting :)

upload_2017-12-21_11-30-10.png

OK, bored at work, only Norway stats to save me from brain-death. Here's a little graph I made, which shows some interesting stuff: 2x deliveries this year compared with any previous, Model S deliveries this year greater than S+X last year, Model X deliveries 1000 more than Model S in 2017...

View attachment 267902
Thanks for the graph. That's quite amazing growth. What is the EV incentive in Norway? Is it the same for purchasers of the S vs X?

Reactions: erha

View attachment 267902
Was there any difference in Gov incentives in those years?

I read the model rankings. Bull news: Model S tops costumer satisfaction. Bear news: a Prius gets a better owner satisfaction score than a Tesla. (The Prius beat the Model X)

Looks to me like bull news and bull news and more bull news:

Top rated car for owner satisfaction: Model S
Top rated SUV for owner satisfaction: Model X
Both Tesla vehicles in the Top 10 for most satisfied customers.
Top rated brand for owner satisfaction.:)

10 Most Satisfying Cars

Looks to me like bull news and bull news and more bull news:

Top rated car for owner satisfaction: Model S
Top rated SUV for owner satisfaction: Model X
Both Tesla vehicles in the Top 10 for most satisfied customers.
Top rated brand for owner satisfaction.:)

10 Most Satisfying Cars

It is a very nice showing.

It would be nice if it shows up in the financial media at some point, but, not sure if this is going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.