Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were 154K shares available for shorting at Fidelity, interest rate went up to 2.5% Friday afternoon and is remaining at 2.5% this morning. Friday was a day of net shorting at Fidelity.

View attachment 212564

Update:

Snap1.png

I sold all my shares. Not because of TSLA but because of the havoc that Trump created on Friday. I'll be waiting on the sidelines, my guess is the chance that TSLA is dips below $252/share in the short term is good enough that I'll wait.

Ok back in @ selling price. :p I was ok with the movement today, no drastic dips, slightly volatile but.. that's TSLA.

Took the opportunity on the uptick this morning to lighten my trading LEAPS I bought at $198 by 1/2. Wanted to have some dry powder in case we get a lower buy in before earnings. I will likely buy back in with 1/2 as many shares and roll my 2018s to 2019s., just looking to get a little on sale. Tesla is still looking strong comparatively, with the market down .83 - 1.28% and Tesla down 1.3%....will have to watch the comeback, if any, from below the channel.

I was planning on a 252-258 trading range for today.... I failed to factor in the -1.3% Nasdaq move.... The stock weakness today is probably a reflection of that.

252-258 less the 1.3% macro move down is probably about right....

Last edited:
Yeah! I'd be lying if I said that I knew which way the SP of TSLA is headed over the next several days. Nothing would surprise me: it could go down and correct or it may go sideways or go higher, I have no idea.
I am therefore positioned similar to you
Longer term TSLA should handily outperform the market over the next several months to years
Everyone expects TSLA to pullback so maybe it won't
Or it will
Either ways I really don't care. Other than getting a margin call I'm not really concerned with day to day SP because I'm in this stock to make big money not a mere million or two.
I believe that this stock could make me literally millions over the next several years because it's only a $40 billion company that is at the epicenter of several future trends just now starting to unfold. When a company like Uber is priced at a private market cap of $68 billion or so then Tesla which could literally eat away Uber's lunch is severely underpriced. I would never bet a single dollar on Uber. TSLA will dominate the future of transportation which is a multi trillion dollar opportunity worldwide. So a SP of $250 is a steal and I couldn't care less whether TSLA trades at $300 or $200. I'm not selling a single share unless either fundamentals change or if the SP goes parabolic

This pretty much summarizes how I think.

I have seen too many traders (thinking they were investors) mess it up because they failed to completely understand what they were doing (none on this forum - of course).

Keep it simple is good advice.

With a simple mind as mine, it is the only way to go and be successful.

If you didn't buy into the dip now, the door of opportunity is slowly closing... unless the Orange One does something else to spook the markets.
I'm not sure about that. My personal bet is on a downtrend for the next while unless the ER shows profit or other big positives. I don't see much reason for continuing the uptrend right now but I do see things coming that the market may consider negative. Took some profit on the run up and I'm looking to buy back under 220 sometime before Q1 delivery numbers are announced.

Reactions: bonnie
I try to keep track of all Tesla Energy projects. If I missed anything please let me know:
Tesla
This is an incredible compilation of data! Thank you so much! You realize what you've done... you're going to start getting suggestions! =)

How about a column in deliveries for "US" so we can get a handle on forecasting the tax credit phase out, and infer which quarter might see artificially adjusted US deliveries?

Status
Not open for further replies.