Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.2 0eddd23 detected

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a June/17 and the door hit my head too. I pulled the speaker cover off to take a picture. Perhaps some people with this support could pull theirs off. There are just 4 spots (2 left, top right, middle right) that have tabs you just gently pull on.

ALSO notice what else is missing --- where is the emergency release cable?!? UPDATE -- oh, I see it is the little cable wire. I should put a pull ring on it or something (red electrically taping it to stand out).

View attachment 275775

View attachment 275781
I sent an e-mail to Tesla service a few days ago asking about a possible retrofit. Haven't heard back yet.

fullsizeoutput_5fa2.jpeg

Only 4,354 miles??? :) We had about 3,000 miles in the first month, then took a 7,000 cross country trip so over 10,000 miles in first 2 months. We are now at over 20,000 miles, with our next trip not until April. We LOVE our Tesla.

Oh, and still on 2017.50.3.

Reactions: DevinH
I got the update a few weeks ago, I have been a serial complainer about the autosensing wipers. I had a P85D with AP1 and when I traded it in for the P100D, I was not very happy about the auto wipers not working. I live in Western Oregon so we kind of use that feature.

Using this release for a few days, it seems like stop and go has regressed or maybe needs calibration. In the prior release the braking was smoother, but with this release it seems that it brakes way more abruptly. Seems like it is actually hitting the brakes instead of letting regen slow down. Driving at like 8 mph with plenty of distance in front, it is braking hard as soon as the car in front slows down.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
From my understanding, all AP1 cars have a rain sensor and don't rely on the cameras to turn on the windshield wipers when it is raining. So, your car has likely not been affected by the last few updates regarding auto-wipe functionality.

I also have an AP1 car (MX). Until very recently, the auto-wiper functionality was fine (not amazing, but above the level of "good enough"). These past two weeks the rain sensing function has been atrocious....well below the performance I've experienced in the past 1+ years of having the car. I'm wondering if they disabled the rain sensor and switched to the camera without telling us? Perhaps as a test to see how many AP1 people with dedicated sensors would complain about the decreased functionality? Behavior is either 1) wipers just don't trigger, even when there is a TON of rain/wiper on the windshield or 2) wipers trigger way too often for the amount of rain on the windshield. Again, the behavior is new, seems to be independent of upgrade date/s, and yes, I've taken the car to service and they are looking at it.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
I also have an AP1 car (MX). Until very recently, the auto-wiper functionality was fine (not amazing, but above the level of "good enough"). These past two weeks the rain sensing function has been atrocious....well below the performance I've experienced in the past 1+ years of having the car. I'm wondering if they disabled the rain sensor and switched to the camera without telling us? Perhaps as a test to see how many AP1 people with dedicated sensors would complain about the decreased functionality? Behavior is either 1) wipers just don't trigger, even when there is a TON of rain/wiper on the windshield or 2) wipers trigger way too often for the amount of rain on the windshield. Again, the behavior is new, seems to be independent of upgrade date/s, and yes, I've taken the car to service and they are looking at it.

Is it misty or have you treated your car with (or gone through a carwash that uses) Rain-X or a similar hydrophobic treatment?

I found that AP1's rain sensors are absolutely decimated by tiny droplets. Unfortunately my favorite touchless carwash finishes with a Rain-X coating and that pretty much made my automatic wipers useless.

Using this release for a few days, it seems like stop and go has regressed or maybe needs calibration. In the prior release the braking was smoother, but with this release it seems that it brakes way more abruptly. Seems like it is actually hitting the brakes instead of letting regen slow down. Driving at like 8 mph with plenty of distance in front, it is braking hard as soon as the car in front slows down.
I just came back from a short trip and noticed the same behaviour too, but I am still on 2017.50.3! It's not only when a car brakes. I experienced it also on decreasing the speed setting and the car almost immediately and abruptly brakes to get to set speed. Back on 50.2 I experienced this all the time, but on 50.3 it was gone until today. Is it possible that AP 2.0 behaviour is not entirely tied to car firmware version and there are other tidbits like calibration or learning phases or even some settings that get reloaded from mothership from time to time? I know of the ADAS tiles but I can't see a connection to them that'd explain such a behaviour of abruptly brake.
One other thing is that I get more alerts for stopped cars (red car and loud beeping) although I didn't had the feeling it was necessary. It's a shot in the dark but is it possible that after the recent fire truck rear ending incident Tesla went and raised sensitivity for emergency braking? Mabe @evergreen knows of a such possibility in the software of AP 2?

Is it misty or have you treated your car with (or gone through a carwash that uses) Rain-X or a similar hydrophobic treatment?

I found that AP1's rain sensors are absolutely decimated by tiny droplets. Unfortunately my favorite touchless carwash finishes with a Rain-X coating and that pretty much made my automatic wipers useless.

I did nothing to it. Not even a car wash. And we're talking real rain....not mist...enough water on the windshield to not even be considered drops anymore...all just a sheet of water. I've used rain-x before and noticed the difference in rain-sensing wiper behavior. This is different. Only posted because someone else did - I had originally thought the issue might be specific to my AP1 car.

I also have an AP1 car (MX). Until very recently, the auto-wiper functionality was fine (not amazing, but above the level of "good enough"). These past two weeks the rain sensing function has been atrocious....well below the performance I've experienced in the past 1+ years of having the car. I'm wondering if they disabled the rain sensor and switched to the camera without telling us? Perhaps as a test to see how many AP1 people with dedicated sensors would complain about the decreased functionality?

I don't think it is even possible. My understanding is that all of the camera processing is handled by MobilEye, and Tesla can't even access the camera. (And if you think MobilEye is making changes for Tesla... ;) )

Odd and timely you posted this RE Rain-X. I've used it for probably over 25 years on many cars. I swear by it, even though I've heard here more than a year ago while I was awaiting delivery that Rain-X on a Tesla sucked. I was kind of surprised by that, given I've never had a problem with it.

My first use of it a year ago on my MS and still had no problem with it. Fast forward though, and on a road trip had to buy a new bottle as my fairy old bottle sprung a leak. I say your post is timely as I'm about to post a video highlighting the virtues of a hydrophobic coating, and was surprised that my newly stripped and recoated windshield was acting as it had months of use, given it was coated with very tiny droplets. This is not anything I've ever experienced with a new coating before. However, I've also used Aquapel first and top coated with Rain-X on my last few cars. This I found works very well for a long time. So this droplet problem has me perplexed.

At a microscopic level, glass it not smooth at all. It's this surface of the moon irregular surface that catches and holds contaminants, and this leads to a surface more prone to holding on to water droplets. I suspect either Rain-X changed their formula, or the Tesla glass is "rougher" than any other car I've ever owned.

Going forward I'm going to test various coatings and post videos of same, but so far my testing shows that, using Rain-X in heavy rain and AP2 using AS, the car performed without a problem in high speeds and curves. Perhaps it would perform as well with no coating and no wipers on at all, just as it has in my testing. I should probably test that as well...

Interesting! The behavior is definitely similar to what is displayed by the AP2 system. Not sure I see the point for doing this to AP1 cars....