Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.2 0eddd23 detected

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove back from Palm Desert to Southwest Washington this past weekend after receiving the 2018.2 Oeddd23 update on Friday. So I have driven over thousand miles on it.
For me it was absolutely amazing. I will pull some of the dash cam footage off and post it soon.
For now here is a clip I recorded on Monday.
This was a very challenging auto pilot test for AP2 firmware version 2018.2 Oeddd23 in my 2017 Tesla Model S 90D. In the dark in the rain with auto wipers on and 2 lanes merging into a single lane and eventually traversing a narrow bridge. This is the entire drive from onramp to offramp.
You can hear when autopilot is engaged just after entering the highway and disengaged just before exiting the highway. It was a flawless and smooth drive. Absolutely no hesitation or ping-ponging. Simply put perfection!

Where us the auto wiper setting? I don't see it on my 2015 70D with AP1. I'm on 2018.2 0eddd23
5 positions off then first 2 positions on stalk should be auto. Last 2 are manual.
34E0CE4A-A6AC-4DD7-97C5-2B433CC47CB9.jpeg

I drove back from Palm Desert to Southwest Washington this past weekend after receiving the 2018.2 Oeddd23 update on Friday. So I have driven over thousand miles on it.
For me it was absolutely amazing. I will pull some of the dash cam footage off and post it soon.
This was a very challenging auto pilot test for AP2 firmware version 2018.2 Oeddd23 in my 2017 Tesla Model S 90D. In the dark in the rain with auto wipers on and 2 lanes merging into a single lane and eventually traversing a narrow bridge. This is the entire drive from onramp to offramp.
You can hear when autopilot is engaged just after entering the highway and disengaged just before exiting the highway. It was a flawless and smooth drive. Absolutely no hesitation or ping-ponging. Simply put perfection!
Now I want it bad... :)

Me too, heading out for a couple thousand miles soon and would like better steering. But if patterns hold up with releases that have a significant improvement for AP2, this release won't go wide and there will be another version out within a week that does.
I’m actually really hoping that it goes one step further and like .50, a dot release magically enables some new feature like repeater lane changes!

Reactions: croman
What’s a repeater lane change?

@chillaban, I believe, is referring to an EAP feature that uses the repeater cam to execute automatic lane changes to maintain a set speed.

I'm also hopeful that the next wide release (which should follow this) will contain that or some other juicy feature (like that AND no nags on geofenced highways (L2+/L3)). They seem to go hand in hand (pun intended).

Great road by the way.

Nice!
I hope my X will get the update soon. I put it on wifi every night but no luck so far...

Thanks. Hmm that's been there for awhile with rain sensing. It just doesn't work well. Even at first notch turn sometimes it slow and sometimes it's fast. I though there was a way to turn off auto sensing and just adjust the speed interval manually like the lexus
From my understanding, all AP1 cars have a rain sensor and don't rely on the cameras to turn on the windshield wipers when it is raining. So, your car has likely not been affected by the last few updates regarding auto-wipe functionality.

• Informative
Reactions: brkaus and smilepak

I like your streetlight activated wipers lol.