Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.28.2 e3592d9 software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Changes I noticed (maybe it was always like this):

- Enabling/Disabling TACC I thought used to have an audio signal, this no longer happens and now only works for AutoSteer
- Automatic lane change seems more unwilling to change lanes if there is a car close. (I tried to use it but it would not pull into the lane because a car was in front of me in that lane about 5 meters ahead). Not sure how it would do that for cars behind...

#2, it doesn't work if a car is coming in from behind, do not try to do this. There was plenty of gap when I initiated it, but it wouldn't move into the left lane, and when the car from behind started approaching, autopilot started to change lanes 15 seconds later (why at the worst possible time?). Had to manually stop it before exploring further to see what would happen.

#2, it doesn't work if a car is coming in from behind, do not try to do this. There was plenty of gap when I initiated it, but it wouldn't move into the left lane, and when the car from behind started approaching, autopilot started to change lanes 15 seconds later (why at the worst possible time?). Had to manually stop it before exploring further to see what would happen.

yeah it wasn't something I was gonna "try out" on the freeway at 70mph :)

So I got 28.1 yesterday. Didn't do much horsing around.

Got 28.2 today due to a mobile service appointment. Definitely feels punchier on the low end.

Previously I had become a bit numb to the acceleration. Wishing I had P3D. Feels new and fresh again (for now). Probably go back to yearning for P3D in a week.

Reactions: tracksyde

Got 28.2 today due to a mobile service appointment. Definitely feels punchier on the low end.

Previously I had become a bit numb to the acceleration. Wishing I had P3D. Feels new and fresh again (for now). Probably go back to yearning for P3D in a week.
I hope these "butt dyno" reports are correct. I got 28.2 this morning and now I am ready to get back out and check.

Did 140 miles today. Still Phantom braking in both TACC and AP in daily trouble spots. Braking for stopped cars from higher speeds has the initial slow down then a pause, then a continued slowdown to stop. That part really gets on me.

Unlock issue of charge cord upon walk up is now no longer an issue for me. Also when tapping speed limit sign twice while in TACC or AP it goes to that speed. Both increase in speed and decrease. Can't recall reading about that in prior notes.

Feels a little more punchy. Unfortunate that I read all the comments this morning before I drove. Might have some group bias from that.

Vbox anyone?

Updated to 28.2 yesterday. One difference I see is the Easter Eggs open automatically a few seconds after pressing the Tesla icon.

Only picked up my M3 AWD 4 days ago and already on my second update. Last one was replete with release notes. Is it common for updates to not have release notes?

I am almost 99% certain that the backup camera would occupy the full screen until 2018.26.* . Now with 28.2, it appears as a window which you can also close in reverse. It is a welcome change in some ways as earlier the left side of the screen (speed, gear select etc.) was not visible, now it is. However on the flip side I liked the 100% screen view for backup camera. Did you notice this change as well or am i imagining things. :)

Updated to 28.2 yesterday. One difference I see is the Easter Eggs open automatically a few seconds after pressing the Tesla icon.

Only picked up my M3 AWD 4 days ago and already on my second update. Last one was replete with release notes. Is it common for updates to not have release notes?
What Tesla calls “release notes” are really feature announcements. They only detail changes to the UI or other features that you should know about. All of the other changes just either don’t have any release notes or say “minor fixes and improvements”

Even the amazing night and day neural net update was simply “minor” fixes and improvements.

I am almost 99% certain that the backup camera would occupy the full screen until 2018.26.* . Now with 28.2, it appears as a window which you can also close in reverse. It is a welcome change in some ways as earlier the left side of the screen (speed, gear select etc.) was not visible, now it is. However on the flip side I liked the 100% screen view for backup camera. Did you notice this change as well or am i imagining things. :)

I’m still on 26.1 and it definitely appears as an overlay with the ability to close it out. It was also like that on the version before that when when I picked up the vehicle.

Haven't had braking for overhead signs and trees in almost six months and guess what? It's baaaack. Three overhead signs yesterday even when we were in moving traffic at 45+ MPH. How does this happen? Is there no interrelationship between what the radar sees and what the cameras see? Wouldn't you think that moving vehicles would be a hint that you're not about to run into an overhead sign? Does Tesla start over on their code every few months just for fun??

Haven't had braking for overhead signs and trees in almost six months and guess what? It's baaaack. Three overhead signs yesterday even when we were in moving traffic at 45+ MPH. How does this happen? Is there no interrelationship between what the radar sees and what the cameras see? Wouldn't you think that moving vehicles would be a hint that you're not about to run into an overhead sign? Does Tesla start over on their code every few months just for fun??

Someone on here has said in the past that they have experienced the same thing where after they get an update it will phantom brake more and then once it relearns the areas it is ok again. Something about the whitelist possibly being reset after the update and it has to relearn them.

• Helpful
Reactions: NerdUno

This is the first I’ve read about an upgrade to 28.2 from 28.1. Usually 28.2 appears to users on the 26.x update. I’ve been upgraded from 24.8 at delivery to 28.1 but nothing since. Another factoid in trying to decrypt Tesla’s update schemes.