Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3 LR RWD here still with no update w/ update button set to advanced.

The button does absolutely nothing.

No, the button signals to Tesla that you want to get updates as soon as they're marked ready for wider release. It's not a magic lamp that gives you updates immediately.

In short, the fact that it hasn't done anything for you to this point does not lead to your conclusion that it 'does absolutely nothing.'

there is definitely no car priority for updates and each update timing changes.
My car has updates even before TeslaFi sends its notification of new version, but also waiting an apparent eternity for others.
Longest so far was 2018.48.12.1 at 34 days then 2018.50.6 at 32
Shortest were 2018.42.4 and 2019.12.1.2 both at 2 days

Sending bug reports and feedback comments always seems to help

It really is amazing how certain people can be while simultaneously remaining ignorant. Software development and rollouts follow numerous possible constraints regarding test configs, early release, geo-based deployment, config-based holdbacks, etc.

No one outside of a small team at Tesla knows the batching rules for a particular update. No one on this board knows specifically how much std vs advanced helps for a particular update.

And finally, no one here has knowledge sufficient to claim that it does nothing.

So, you know, knock it off.

I'm on 20.1 and had some dancing cars. The car on my left kept hip checking me. The issue seems to be more prominent when you are not parallel to the cars besides you.

More disturbingly, whenever my garage opens, there seems to be two pedestrians in the garage, As far as I am aware, we have no spirits but Jose Canseco used to live in my house so who knows what's gone down.

Yep, I just noticed a dancing 18 wheeler on my screen earlier this afternoon. Definitely still happens with 2019.20.1.

Are you long-pressing the dashcam icon before removing the thumb drive? The red dot (which indicates that it's recording) should disappear from the icon to indicate that it's safe to remove the drive.

I'm aware of how to eject the drives. They are getting corrupted while still plugged in. The icon turns to an "X" randomly when the car is started. Has to be something to do with Sentry Mode.

I'm aware of how to eject the drives. They are getting corrupted while still plugged in. The icon turns to an "X" randomly when the car is started. Has to be something to do with Sentry Mode.
Yeah what he said... pretty much.

I've made a similar observation, but I don't think it is faulty Sentry Mode logic. I saw the corruption after the TeslaCam features showed up but before Sentry Mode. Sorry, I don't recall specific software versions.