TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by notAnExpert, Jun 7, 2019.

1. NewTMSMan

NewTMSMan Active Member

I have had 20.1 since last Friday in NJ.

• Like x 2
  2. OCR1

OCR1 Active Member

Simple. Too much testosterone.

3. timdorr

timdorr Model S P90D w/AP2.0

Just got in in Atlanta too.

Hopefully this fixes the constant "Cruise Control Unavailable" warnings and AP dropouts I have been experiencing since 2019.8. But this is now my fourth firmware since the problem started, so I'm not hopeful. I just want to use AP again!

• Like x 1
  4. mcap81

mcap81 Member

how about the chicagoland area, please!!!

5. Kacey Green

Kacey Green Member

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
    I had the Sentry freaks out the AP computer bug and just got this update. I turned off one of the exceptions and will test it out before setting always on with no exceptions

6. Kacey Green

Kacey Green Member

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
    My 2016 Model S 90D and every other Tesla I've driven does this (not sure on Model 3 though) when I was just getting acclimated it felt like an idling engine to me, coming from a Volt it was weird, but it fades away.

7. HyperionMark

HyperionMark Member

Lotsa "tech bros" here. Some of them are worse than your standard mean girl sorority sister.

8. CAVol

CAVol Member

SF, CA here. I had the update yesterday, started it, and then received an error midway thru. Since then I haven’t received another update push. Oh well. Doesn’t sound like much with this update compared to 2019.16.2.

9. Falkirk

Falkirk Member

I just got here 45 mins ago...is it really only dog mode improvements like the release notes say?

10. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Moderator note: multiple posts moved to Snippiness due to pointless bickering.

On TMC, civility is not an option, it is a requirement.

Thank you.

• Like x 13
    • Love x 1
  11. Zoomit

Zoomit Active Member

#131 Zoomit, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    No, 19.20.1 enables V3 Supercharging profiles that will reduce charging times on the Model 3...on today's prevalent V2 Superchargers. This is especially true for the MR and SR/+ cars as their ~121kW and ~105kW limits should be increased to as much as 150kW at low SoC.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  12. BrandonLive

BrandonLive P3D+, Blue on white

I highly, highly doubt the WiFi signal strength (“number of bars”) has any impact at all on whether it will begin or continue an update download.

• Like x 3
    • Disagree x 1
  13. Janus

Janus Member

Not directly, but a weak signal will definitely slow down a download; and if it's weak enough (and the error rate high enough) it may never be able to successfully finish that download.

14. JBT66

JBT66 Member

I never, get update installs with 2 WiFi bars. I have to park in a slightly less normal spot however I get 4 bars there and it always goes right through. Could be a coincidence but it has been this way for me since getting the car in September of 2018.

15. wtwieder

wtwieder Member

This may have been mentioned before, but according to the in-vehicle manual, sentry mode must be off in order to get a software update. My sentry mode is always off except when needed. Now that there is an easily accessible icon at the top of the screen, it really it is easy to activate it.

• Informative x 1
  16. HyperionMark

HyperionMark Member

It's weird they wouldn't include that in the release notes if true. Are you sure they updated the entire fleet with that version, not just SoCal people?

17. willow_hiller

willow_hiller Member

It might actually be the 200 kW profile for the European CCS. European 2019.20.1 release notes said up to 200 kW on CCS fast chargers. No cars in North America showed anything to do with charging on the release notes, but some users in NA have reported spikes up to ~250 kW on the V3 hardware with 2019.20.1.

• Like x 2
  18. ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd Active Member

easiest way to tell:

Go into your nav and find the Fremont Supercharger. If it says 250kW max available, then your car is ready for it.

I'm on 20.1, and I knew from reddit to check that yesterday. It's there. Same principle applied when they rolled out the improved speed at V2 chargers. If it showed 150kW on your nav, you were good to go.

19. Janus

Janus Member

I'm on 2019.16.3.2 and Freemont shows as 250kW. Have not actually tried charging there yet to see effective rate.

20. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

I added an extra AP to my network last week so now the car has maximum signal strength, last night my car downloaded the 500Mb of 20.1 in a minute or two.
    Hopefully this will become the norm.

• Love x 2