Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought the same but see if this is what might have happened to you. The app wasn't updated to 2019.20.4.2 yet. When I connected, the car was asleep and had cached the miles from when I last unllocked and drove away. Opening after the update, the cached miles and 4.2.1 showed at the bottom, then updated with the new version and the updated miles left... which were lower. MIne is an older Nexus 6P running android. Works great but is flaky.
all range miles were verified in the in-car GUI

I don't see the harm in greater granularity. It's easier to read several threads in order than it is to dig through one looking for posts that pertain to a specific release.

Which is easiest at any moment of course depends on your purpose. But, taking a page out of database theory it's easier to summarize multiple categories than to try to extract categories from a sum.
Your point would be true if each “category” contained new data, you’re right that it would be easier for it to be separate. A bug fix does not need it’s own thread, especially when it doesn’t say what it fixed.

Got it last night. Haven't tried out the new game yet.

Upgraded straight from 20.2.1 (never received 20.4.1).

Same here. Updated last night from 20.2.1
I think the new game is great!! Relatively speaking, of course. My 13 year old deems it the only playable selection.

I've only had the car a month though, so I'm still enamored with the idea that it gets better over time with free updates. Amazing.

I installed 4.2 last night. When I was coming back to the car from lunch I went to turn on the climate control via the phone. It indicated internal temp was 127 degrees. When I got in, overheat with a/c was still enabled. It looks like 4.2 has done something. Always worked flawlessly before. Anyone else experience this?

Kind of informative that as of this moment the number of vehicles (40) that updated to 2019.20.4.2 = the same number that received 2019.20.4.1
49228602-C04F-40AD-AB48-41042DA34F9F.jpeg

I installed 4.2 last night. When I was coming back to the car from lunch I went to turn on the climate control via the phone. It indicated internal temp was 127 degrees. When I got in, overheat with a/c was still enabled. It looks like 4.2 has done something. Always worked flawlessly before. Anyone else experience this?

Yes, happened to me yesterday.

My HomeLink will not close door when pulling out of driveway anymore. I used to get "...5 more feet..." type of message that indicated that it was waiting to actuate the door, but no longer since 20.4.1. Coming home, HomeLink works ok.

My HomeLink has been working normally as expected with these latest updates.

There's a known issue with HomeLink where if you reverse after entering your garage before putting it in park (for example pulling in and realizing you want to back up a few inches before parking) it will not activate auto-close the next time you leave. It's more likely this bug and just coincidental timing regarding the updates.

• Helpful
Reactions: TT97
My HomeLink has been working normally as expected with these latest updates.

There's a known issue with HomeLink where if you reverse after entering your garage before putting it in park (for example pulling in and realizing you want to back up a few inches before parking) it will not activate auto-close the next time you leave. It's more likely this bug and just coincidental timing regarding the updates.
If I’m reading this correctly, it sounds more like a safety feature to prevent unintended consequences.

I got 4.2 Monday night. Can't remember what I had before that, either 2.1 or 4.1, but I think 4.1 because I was last updated just 2 days before getting 4.2. Anyway, not sure if these were any of the supposed critical updates that needed to be fixed, but the previous release introduced windshield wipers going on randomly 5-6x when I first pulled out of the garage. Didn't happen any other time I started a new journey - just coming out of the garage. It was sporadic when they wiped implying it was something to do with the auto mode for the wipers which I have set on. 4.2 fixed that.

The other annoying thing introduced in the previous release was when the display was in night mode, it was so dark, you could barely even read it. I took the auto dim off because of that. The 4.2 release notes say they took care of that too, although I haven't put my screen back on auto dim yet to see if that's the case.

I had 20.4.1 and got the update to 20.4.2 ~48 hours later. In that time span i had 3 incidents around the phone key not working. the first time the car would not unlock, and the app would not connect to the car. grabbed a keycard and was able to get in and then go (I did not need to use the keycard to drive). Second time the car unlocked normally, connected to bluetooth and began playing audio, and the car refused to shift into drive. Rebooting the car and the phone both did not fix. fortunately, i still had the keycard in my wallet. Third time car wouldn't unlock, again. I'm carrying my keycard with me for now, but it's been a couple of days again since the update and i've had no issues since.

my bet is a fix for the phone key not working.

My car didn't ping-pong when changing lanes via the signal stalk. It usually ping-pongs during high noon when trying to change to the left lane via signal stalk. Hope it was the new software.

I feel like it was better also, on 19.x.x Left lane changes were scary at best and frequently unsuccessfull. Where I drive the is a concrete median on the left but even when I was 2-3 lanes away from it, I would see a constant "ping" of an object showing around the left rear in the Tesla screen. After the update, there is an occasional false indication but much less frequently.

Reactions: moonfresh
Don't know if this is pertinent but I have a June build RWD LR with HW3. I hadn't gotten any updates since I took delivery on Saturday and I was on version 15.103.
A buddy happened to be at a service center for a tire on his car and asked the tech there on my behalf, and he said because I was on HW3, they are "different" and that v. 15 was currently current.
then I got the 20.4.2 update this morning.

So any bugs caused by 4.1 wouldn't have been on my car. They did use this update to bring HW3 cars into parity with others though. So I'm not sure if that is a clue.