Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Autopilot stopped working after upgrade. Called tech support. There is a bug with new update , sentry mode and autopilot.

The Sentry mode bug has been existing for the last couple updates, still no ETA from tesla. It's preventing the car from sleeping which is causing AP to crash. Turn off sentry mode or exclude from home and let the car sleep. AP should come back after 15-20 mins.

Reactions: SMAlset
The Sentry mode bug has been existing for the last couple updates, still no ETA from tesla. It's preventing the car from sleeping which is causing AP to crash. Turn off sentry mode or exclude from home and let the car sleep. AP should come back after 15-20 mins.
This was their "short term fix" when I contacted them the first time a couple updates ago. This did not fix it for me. I've had Sentry completely off and even took the liberty to unplug the USB permanently for the time being. It still flips between working and not working on an almost weekly basis. Since this last update (2019.20.4.2), autopilot has been working every time, and I'm hoping it's not just a coincidence.

I work as a software engineer and quick updates usually indicate a quick important fix. Having said that, we need to appreciate the fact that they are on it and are constantly aware. The industry has a term for it called "continuous integration". This machine is quite complicated with lots of intelligent sub systems, some independent and some dependent on each other. (I can only imagine the updates for the SpaceX systems.) I for one am grateful for their ability to make and update changes quickly. It tells me that they are constantly monitoring and improving. I welcome all updates.

I park in an underground condo parking with no signal.

I drove 25 minutes to work today, and when I put it in park the update showed up.

So it downloaded while I was driving.

This was a small one, but the idea that it needs wifi to update, or it will be way long too download on LTE is not right.
Just ignore claims like that. It is pointless to argue such points.

Ah @Restrected, this is what I was thinking about... Trust me, I know what tesla (and Elon) says and does are two different things...

Do you know what the VPN switchover is... are they going to stop piping everything through Tesla?
Unfortunately, for people like me that like to tinker with my cars and i have unsupported cars as well that i support myself, it will not be good news. They are trying to close the ecosystem off. meaning everything and anything goes through tesla only. basically they are trying to tighten all exterior dependancies on the car and minimise any comunication outside tesla ecosystem. This will make it harder for us to do our own support. especially with root for mcu2 still far away. I dont have any technical info on this yet. Alcohol enough to get my people drunk enough to spill something costs money. I am working on it for my own reasons but whatever i hear that i can share i will.

My people are engineers, they all get different tasks. not one person knows the entire picture of what will happen even though they know exactly what is happening with their scope.

My HomeLink has been working normally as expected with these latest updates.

There's a known issue with HomeLink where if you reverse after entering your garage before putting it in park (for example pulling in and realizing you want to back up a few inches before parking) it will not activate auto-close the next time you leave. It's more likely this bug and just coincidental timing regarding the updates.
THANK YOU!!! I could never figure out why this happened but that is exactly what I’ve been doing! No more!

Reactions: SDKoala
Sitting at a light I frequent every day, the dancing car issue appeared to be better. The line of cars to my left was appropriately rendered and not dancing, while cars passing me on the right were moving along without doing 180’s. I’ll keep monitoring it. Perhaps it was just the cloudy/rainy weather today.

Anyone having issues with Phone as a Key?

Had my car since September and since moving to 20.4, my car regularly won't detect my phone key.

I have to go in and open the app before it's recognized (it's running in the background before I open it). I'm running the latest iOS 12 build on an iPhone X.

Anyone having issues with Phone as a Key?

Had my car since September and since moving to 20.4, my car regularly won't detect my phone key.

I have to go in and open the app before it's recognized (it's running in the background before I open it). I'm running the latest iOS 12 build on an iPhone X.

My car didn't recognize my phone after the first week, it has been a few updates since and it is still not working. My car also not lock even with the Walk-away-lock was enable. I am now carrying my keycard with me to lock and unlock manually. Anyone has any idea how to make it work would be appreciated. Don't know if it matters but I have Samsung S8.

Hmm not having the same experience as you all. Cars are dancing ALOT and I keep having it feel like it’s ghost braking or atleast letting off the accelerator when it shouldn’t. I drove about 250 miles on I10 this evening and AP and TACC were pretty annoying. It seemed todo better once night fall hit but traffic was considerably less also.