Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a call and Text from Tesla, picking up my M3P tomorrow in Edinburgh. They have been in contact every week for the last 4 checking whether I was a key worker and needed a car for essential use. They now say they have gone through the list of all key workers and cars can now be picked up for non essential users.

Excellent news for you! I’m also a key worker but have a car to trade in, so suspect that that’s pushed me down the priority list somewhat. Am now worried that Tesla will reduce what they’ve offered for my current vehicle as values seem to have plummeted.

To copy my post from the Investor thread:

I put in an order for a Model 3 LR on 18/04/2020. Taking advantage of a discounted lease and assuming I'd have quite a wait due to COVID-19 and the Fremont closure. To my surprise, I've been offered a delivery appointment 28/04/2020. This was a huge shock to me and wonder if I just won the assignment lottery. Unfortunately I have no use for the vehicle for a few months as I have another ongoing vehicle lease that's still got some time left. I've deferred delivery and hope the vehicle goes to somebody who really needs it at the moment.

Last edited:
Very early days for me as I only ordered a M3LR a few days ago. Tesla offered £2000 for my 2009 Volvo V70.
Not a lot and I guess it complicates the delivery/collection process with the trade-in as well.
My suggested availability is in June.
If you are prepared to be flexible, then my experience is that the SC may be accommodating. If you have a custom order that doesn't happen to match something already in the UK, then I would realistically expect Q4 2020 earliest given that Fremont is currently making ventilators & when back up and running, US orders especially Model Ys will take priority.

I had ordered a Blue LR/19" sport wheels back in February just before a couple of months visiting family in the USA. i was fully expecting this to be available May-June-July....whenever & had sold my previous car so was going to borrow family/friends cars when necessary once we returned end April.

We came back early when the UK Gov't asked all UK nationals to return & on arriving home found that my wife had been re-registered at our local hospital as a key worker (we retired early a couple of years ago).

I called Tesla because nobody was then going to loan her their car for obvious reasons, said I was prepared to be flexible with colour (Blue, White or even Red) and wheels as long as we had a LR or pay slightly more for a white M3P (I'd been registered for -£3,500 on the OLEV portal just before midnight on 11th April which applied to any model). We were in self-isolation for 14 days so she needed the car at the end of that time.

Within a day they had called back found a white LR with 19" sport wheels which was delivered 2 days later, easily in time for her return to work.

(....as it happened, before we went to the USA my Daughter & I had called into the SC and she immediately fell in love with the pearl white colour & said the blue looked very dark and less appealing - I tended to agree & slightly regretted not changing the colour to white at that time).

So flexibility in giving the SC several options meant that a match was easier and faster & in the end I couldn't be happier (apart from me rarely using the car & being very careful too wipe & clean every surface when I do)

Hi. Had an ordered for a M3 LR go through with Arval and on to the dealer on 17th April. Estimated delivery through Arval suggests mid-July. Looks like a few people have seen movement on very recent orders in the last couple of days. Any thoughts on chances of an early delivery? Worth picking up the phone to the dealer direct? Thanks

Finally Zenith approved my delivery today - I am a key worker, but can WFH, so originally said I could wait. I ordered the M3P from their inventory on 28th Feb. Tesla rang and arranged to deliver next Wednesday.
It'll be great to get it having originally expected it at the end of March. Sad that I'll only be doing a weekly trip to Morrisons. But at least I can read the manual and get used to it.
Hoping I can order a home charger and not have to wait too long!
Sorry for those that have had to give up on their cars due to the current situation, and hope you get another chance to get one before too long.

More news on my M3 delivery, car finally arrived today, exactly on time & the drivers were really helpful and friendly with everything, but the only issue was they'd delivered it in the wrong colour!! Something about a mix up between the leasing company and Tesla.

Luckily after 1 hour of phones calls trying to sort everything out there was another M3 in midnight silver in their inventory that they can swap onto mine and arrange redelivery.

Having to watch it drive away was tough!!

Ouch! I can imagine, hopefully you can get it soon!

@Sunraged I can confirm I was also told this. Ordered an inventory with FSD but then something else came up but without FSD but seriously cheaper.
Bloke who rang to process my refund said it's easy for them

Picked up my car today from Bristol Cribbs Causeway! Tesla guys were very helpful apart from being 20 minutes late to the appointment o_O
Panel gaps all look fine which was good, couple of little paint blemish snags where it almost looks like a dull white haze from certain angles, one or two small finger print smudges on the interior, and a squeaky passenger seat when adjusting front/back. Hopefully I'll be able to get Tesla to sort it all when things calm down with the world. Other than that, the car is a rocket ship!

Reactions: sorrera and Durzel
Picked up my car today from Bristol Cribbs Causeway! Tesla guys were very helpful apart from being 20 minutes late to the appointment o_O
Panel gaps all look fine which was good, couple of little paint blemish snags where it almost looks like a dull white haze from certain angles, one or two small finger print smudges on the interior, and a squeaky passenger seat when adjusting front/back. Hopefully I'll be able to get Tesla to sort it all when things calm down with the world. Other than that, the car is a rocket ship!
It’s probably bird droppings that have etched into the paint from when it came over on the boat or was sat at Southampton docks. Mine had similar. A regular wash didn’t remove them (actually revealed them), but a detail did.

D3458672-221E-43AB-B3B7-7F72764593F0.jpeg

Reactions: preseh
It’s probably bird droppings that have etched into the paint from when it came over on the boat or was sat at Southampton docks. Mine had similar. A regular wash didn’t remove them (actually revealed them), but a detail did.

Ah interesting, it could be that then which should be a nice easy fix. Here's a picture of two of my blemishes (there's one more on the boot too)

Attachments

• IMG_20200423_183017.jpg
    IMG_20200423_183017.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 28
Ouch! I can imagine, hopefully you can get it soon!

@Sunraged I can confirm I was also told this. Ordered an inventory with FSD but then something else came up but without FSD but seriously cheaper.
Bloke who rang to process my refund said it's easy for them

Tesla have been super accommodating and helpful. I was wondering yesterday though how long they'd allow me to hold on to the car while I wait for VWFS to do their bit. It didn't sound like they were too fussed about timescales to be fair to them, they just said: "if you don't end up with that particular car, it just gets put back into the existing inventory".

I wouldn’t want to keep deferring delivery slots. Is there an option to specify the month you would like the car delivered?
I think they can put a blocker on so that you won't be matched before a particular date (that's what I've got on my lease order)

I don't think you can specify a delivery month as it depends what spec vehicles are available at the time - you're slightly at the mercy of what vehicles get shipped over. But that's no different to any other time.

Status
Not open for further replies.