Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered White/Black M3 Performance Mar 2020 was told June 2020 delivery. 2 weeks later they contacted me to say they had a car! I wasn’t ready to receive the car until June, so declined the match.

In early May 2020 I changed my order to Midnight Silver/Black. Website said November delivery but the associate I spoke to said it depends on what was coming over on the boat. They thought they should have something by June.

Contacted Tesla 2 weeks ago and they said it’s now late July, early August.

Received an email from Tesla 2 days ago offering a White/Black M3 Perf now or wait until September.

Willing to wait, but how confident should I be about the September date?

Ordered White/Black M3 Performance Mar 2020 was told June 2020 delivery. 2 weeks later they contacted me to say they had a car! I wasn’t ready to receive the car until June, so declined the match.

In early May 2020 I changed my order to Midnight Silver/Black. Website said November delivery but the associate I spoke to said it depends on what was coming over on the boat. They thought they should have something by June.

Contacted Tesla 2 weeks ago and they said it’s now late July, early August.

Received an email from Tesla 2 days ago offering a White/Black M3 Perf now or wait until September.

Willing to wait, but how confident should I be about the September date?
I would be confident - Q3 should be back to normal production and shipping levels so should, in theory, be lots of stuff coming over in August and September across all specs.

I’m in a similar position regarding waiting until Sept. I also want to get a home charger installed before the car arrives and the one I want has an 8 week lead time. I’ll try and get the charger installed in August and hope there are no major car delivery delays as if it’s longer than 4 months, I’d lose the £350 charger install grant.

Having fun and games with my companies lease company (LeasePlan) and Tesla. I have a RN number an a copy of the Motir Vehicle Order Agreement from Tesla. Lease company say they are waiting on Tesla for a delivery date. I called Tesla and they say they are waiting on the lease company to give them the green light to match me a car. Now on hold with the lease company again but have a feeling this isnt going to go anywhere! Very does it have to be so painful!

What is the protocol on collection/delivery as a lease customer in terms of possible issues with the car? Is it still the case that we call out the issues to Tesla, or do we have to call them out to the lease company to call out themselves to Tesla? Just had my pre-collection call from Tesla which was all good except they want me to sign the form regarding successful collection of the car in advance. I queried that I'd still have the right to point out issues and they said I would just have to speak to my lease company "and if it was a minor scratch that's not something we would fix" - which was a bit jarring considering it's meant to be a brand new car!

Same as any other car collection, if you are not happy, reject the car and be very clear with Tesla and the Lease company why.

In terms of minor defects, you have to play a bit of a mature game here and ignore any over-exuberant claims form anyone at Tesla that they can decide what is an issue and what isn’t. They are just as bound by product quality laws as anyone else in the UK, so just smile, ignore their words and if you have a scratch that needs sorting they will have to do it. It just might be via their service team rather than the dipshit organising your collection appointment.

Tesla do sometimes have the attitude of “take it or leave it, we can sell these cars to any old mug”, they just need educating over time that this attitude now = people out of jobs later on when folks vote with their feet. It will just take some time. Saying this, VW, BMW, Audi and Mercedes have been doing this for years, so maybe it won’t ever change.

Reactions: hingus2000
Having fun and games with my companies lease company (LeasePlan) and Tesla. I have a RN number an a copy of the Motir Vehicle Order Agreement from Tesla. Lease company say they are waiting on Tesla for a delivery date. I called Tesla and they say they are waiting on the lease company to give them the green light to match me a car. Now on hold with the lease company again but have a feeling this isnt going to go anywhere! Very does it have to be so painful!

I was in the same position last week. Apparently many lease companies put through holds on their orders because of coronavirus and they have since removed them however Tesla still needed another form of approval. The lease company had thought they had done everything they needed to do and just told me to wait it out but I explained that they needed to send an email to [email protected]. Took 3 days of phone calls to sort it and now I'm afraid that I've missed the June delivery slots :(

What is the protocol on collection/delivery as a lease customer in terms of possible issues with the car? Is it still the case that we call out the issues to Tesla, or do we have to call them out to the lease company to call out themselves to Tesla? Just had my pre-collection call from Tesla which was all good except they want me to sign the form regarding successful collection of the car in advance. I queried that I'd still have the right to point out issues and they said I would just have to speak to my lease company "and if it was a minor scratch that's not something we would fix" - which was a bit jarring considering it's meant to be a brand new car!
You definitely don't need to sign that prior to collection - or at least I definitely didn't need to prior to delivery!

I was able to do it afterwards and that was fine. In fairness, there as no real way for me to reject the delivery...the car had been rolled off the flatbed truck and the guy was pretty much ready to leave!

Total nonsense on the minor scratch not being fixed! The bigger issue is Tesla's ability/capacity to actually do it.

Yeah its bizarre. I've signed it now but it was an acknowledgment that I've collected the car. They assured me it "would not affect my rights".

Given its an acknowledgment signed on 19 June that I collected my car on 23 June, I'm also satisfied I haven't prejudiced myself. I'll give them a COVID-19 pass, but it's a slightly odd way of doing things.

I've got collection scheduled for next week and received the online form to 'sign' this week.

I replied to Tesla to let them know I'd sign the form after I'd collected and inspected the car. I haven't heard anything from them since, objecting or otherwise. I've still received confirmation of the registration number, etc.

Yeah its bizarre. I've signed it now but it was an acknowledgment that I've collected the car. They assured me it "would not affect my rights".

Given its an acknowledgment signed on 19 June that I collected my car on 23 June, I'm also satisfied I haven't prejudiced myself. I'll give them a COVID-19 pass, but it's a slightly odd way of doing things.
In April I signed the form the afternoon before delivery ready to forward straight after I had accepted the car but in closing, it automatically mailed back to them. I called Tesla deliveries, the guy laughed and said "It will be fine it’s just for our records, if I had a £1 for everyone that does that I'd have retired long ago - don't worry"

...as for the comment about minor scratches in an earlier post - when my car was having its post delivery service appointment, the techs touched up a minute chip inside a rear door sill which I had spotted a few days after delivery but missed reporting via the app (bare metal showing through a speck the size of a pin prick). In my experience Tesla have been nothing but helpful both pre and post delivery.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.