Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It just seems to be a lucky dip with allocation!
Ordered blue LR AWD 3rd Sept and still nothing, whereas others are getting texts and VIN's.
Just waiting expectantly and checking here and other places to try and find out when I might get it.
There's got to be a better way to keep customers informed.
I hope you hear soon as then that would mean I'd hear soon too! Also waiting on a blue LR model

Can I ask when you ordered and what your payment method was? My est. was November however I've still not heard a peep from Tesla, getting bit anxious it may roll over into December now :(

Have a M3LR also, in white.

Sure; I ordered first week of September. Cash to pay. If I hadn't rang up they wouldn't have contacted me until the delivery SMS I imagine. I called mid afternoon to the number poster earlier in this thread, he was really helpful. So if you haven't called then it can't hurt to ask. Just need your reservation number.

Reactions: Sugei
It just seems to be a lucky dip with allocation!
Ordered blue LR AWD 3rd Sept and still nothing, whereas others are getting texts and VIN's.
Just waiting expectantly and checking here and other places to try and find out when I might get it.
There's got to be a better way to keep customers informed.

Hear what you're saying Old n grumpy but to be honest, I've never been able to phone say BMW or Audi to find out a VIN or when the boat's arriving, etc

Hear what you're saying Old n grumpy but to be honest, I've never been able to phone say BMW or Audi to find out a VIN or when the boat's arriving, etc
Had Mercs (shock horror) before and got a date the car was going to be "born" and an exact date it would be ready for collection from the factory/delivered. These dates were given when I ordered the car!

Reactions: Danny Dog
Had Mercs (shock horror) before and got a date the car was going to be "born" and an exact date it would be ready for collection from the factory/delivered. These dates were given when I ordered the car!
Fair play

I ordered a Seat Leon Cupra for the Mrs - we were told that it was built and sat at the port for shipping - 2 weeks later, we were told that there had been a fire at the factory that made the digital cockpits and that they now couldn't honour my order.......

My last 2 new BMWs I had the same thing. Was given a couple of day window that my car would be delivered. They hit it both times. "we'll send you a text" is very non committal and doesn't really afford the new owner the ability to plan selling a pre existing car or anything like that.

I've sold my current car and am unsure as to whether i need a long term hire car, or if i can just live without. A long term hire will be a minimum month term...

The lack of info is a bit stiff IMO.

Reactions: Morriscoombes
So I finally got an update. Phoned today and the gentleman told me my car isn't on a ship yet and is still in the States. Mentioned it should be loaded next week, saying it should be arriving End of November / Start December. This kinda matches up with shipping post about the Triton Ace, fingers crossed it's here end of November.

I have car in my signature and I got my RN number around 13th October. Hope this maybe helps someone else.

• Informative
Reactions: Arran
My last 2 new BMWs I had the same thing. Was given a couple of day window that my car would be delivered. They hit it both times. "we'll send you a text" is very non committal and doesn't really afford the new owner the ability to plan selling a pre existing car or anything like that.

I've sold my current car and am unsure as to whether i need a long term hire car, or if i can just live without. A long term hire will be a minimum month term...

The lack of info is a bit stiff IMO.

My current Merc was given a delivery date 6 months in advance. It was a long wait, but they nailed the date. I ordered the Tesla in August and still I have no idea when I'm going to get the car. I am going to have to hire a vehicle in the short term as my current lease has a hard expiry date.
At this stage I have no idea if I need to hire for a week or a month.:mad:

Seems as though there is a "finance system" problem at Tesla at the moment. Ordered two vehicles Monday, finance proposed Tuesday, accepted Weds midday, but no further update. Online page just stuck at "Black Horse will contact you..."

Spoke to Tesla twice, no update they can give due to their system being down. Bit frustrating! I hope it doesn't affect the delivery date. At point of order it said delivery November. Both LR AWD, one white, one blue.

Yeah I know it's a different way Tesla work but to be kept in the dark and have no real idea when you're going to get your car is pretty poor.
I sold my car on the showroom and web site promise of October delivery but now I've been on here, realise that was never going to happen, the earliest date was likeley to be mid November and now the Antwerp has sailed and I haven't been matched. I'm told I'll definitely get it by the end of this quarter which is December so maybe you can see why I and others are a little miffed.
I may now have to hire a car as potentially it could be aanother 2 months and I'm fed up with walking everywhere!

I used the chat function on the US website tonight to see if my RN had been matched to a VIN but was told that there was no match yet. It’s a M3LR / Deep Blue Metallic / 19” Sports wheels / Black Interior and was ordered by the lease company on 11th September (that’s when I received my Tesla password reset email). I guess the wait goes on

I spoke to Tesla yesterday via the UK phone number and confirmed that there is no VIN matched, however they have me down for a December delivery as advised by the lease company in order to try and time it with the end of my current lease. I got the impression from Tesla that they intend to match in November to hit the requested delivery rather than waiting until December. I just hope that by the time they come to match it that its not too late for Q4 delivery or else I'm looking at Feb/March, but I will just have to leave it in their hands. They did confirm that all cars delivered now would be the refreshed version (I think we all knew that though) and that it did contain the heatpump as per the Model Y.

Just spoken to Tesla deliveries department and they currently think that all of the cars on the first boat (Antwerp) are SR+ cars only as he's finding these cars are the only cars being matched at the moment (unless anyone knows differently?). Therefore my hopes are now on the next boat GRAND DOLPHIN or TRITON ACE

• Informative
Reactions: Arran and Sugei
Just spoken to Tesla deliveries department and they currently think that all of the cars on the first boat (Antwerp) are SR+ cars only as he's finding these cars are the only cars being matched at the moment (unless anyone knows differently?). Therefore my hopes are now on the next boat GRAND DOLPHIN or TRITON ACE
As much as I don't want that to be true, it may explain why the existing inventory is only the SR+ model.

I ordered SR+ at end of August. I called Tesla today and have a VIN now but it's not showing on my account.
Was told to expect delivery end of November or very early December, so not sure if it's on 1st ship or not.
Hope this helps anyone looking for info

I do hope not! I’ve got a long range coming (ordered mid-September) and have been told expect delivery 16-20th November so I’m assuming I’m on the Antwerp.

• Love
Reactions: Sugei
Status
Not open for further replies.