Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a phone call from my husband just now from his car in the driveway. He had gone out for a walk around the neighborhood after dinner a while ago but yep at it again. On Level 3 this time. He'll be in when he finishes the match. I don't think I was this Beach Buggy Racing happy when I got my update. Maybe I need to learn to play chess?

Finally came in. Said he won his Level 3 round but not so sure if he can beat the car at Level 4.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: elf9
After the update to 2019.28.3.1 I'm getting flaky phone-as-key behavior. It worked perfectly before the update. Anyone else seeing this? I did a soft reset but it didn't improve things.

3P+
iPhone 6
I had phone key issues before the update but found I had to the leave the app in the "background" and it's been working flawless since. No changes/issues with the recent update.

Anyone having a bluetooth media/phone connection problem on this version? My Galaxy S10 never had an issue and now connects to media and phone then disconnects media after a few seconds, disconnects phone a little later then reconnects and the cycle continues.

Just got the notification about 2 hours ago and installed. Haven’t driven it yet.

Interesting observation from last update: I have been fighting NOA because it wants to lane shift to the right one long before I prefer (for an exit). Usually wants to switch 3-4 miles out when I prefer 0.5 - 1 mile out. Last night it didn’t try to switch until I was 0.9 mile out. Like after MONTHS of fighting it it finally learned what I like.

But this was last night, not today with 28.3.1. We’ll see if that improvement was more than a one shot.
I have the same problem with Autopilot trying to get over to the slower right lanes too early, miles before my exit, and I’m on 2019.28.3.1.

Also, AP demanded I take control right after I ran a red light, like it was programmed to get the driver’s attention in case they’re not mentally engaged. This is interesting because I understood red light detection isn’t officially a feature until v10 comes out. But I haven’t ruled out other disengagement triggers. It dislikes roundabouts and poorly marked intersections. Has anybody else observed apparent red light awareness in simple well marked intersections? Sorry but I’m not willing to run more red lights to test the idea.

Last edited:
Anyone having a bluetooth media/phone connection problem on this version? My Galaxy S10 never had an issue and now connects to media and phone then disconnects media after a few seconds, disconnects phone a little later then reconnects and the cycle continues.

No issues with Bluetooth. I would suggest you delete your current phone bluetooth and re-pair it. It should fix the issue.

My HVAC is set to Auto. If I change the temperature when I get in the car before pressing the brake pedal, once I press the brake the temperature reverts to its original setting. Anyone else noticing this with 28.3.1?

If you have Easy Entry enabled, it has its own profile presets as well. That’s what your adjusting before you press the brake pedal. Your personal profile presets don’t activate until you press the brake pedal powering the car on. So it then reverts to the last HVAC settings you had in your profile.

Just did a longish road trip (450 miles round trip) with this software version and a few things I noticed:

• The resume after someone turns out of the lane in front of you seems much smoother and deliberate. I still get that little shuffle/hesitation every now and then but it's much improved. Getting closer to human driving.
  • NOA was superb on our road trip. The lane changes were much quicker and much more human-like. Still not perfect but dang close.
  • The sluggish resume from stop still persists. I'm still seeing 7-10 car lengths develop in front of me as the M3 SLOWLY speeds up. This needs to be addressed big time
  • The fart app is still a huge family pleaser. My favorite is still the stealthy fart on blinker application. My 3 year old still belly laughs every. single. time.
  • Autopilot still gives me wife heart failure at least once or twice per 250 miles. I'm used to it but she's my barometer for how good it really is.

If you have Easy Entry enabled, it has its own profile presets as well. That’s what your adjusting before you press the brake pedal. Your personal profile presets don’t activate until you press the brake pedal powering the car on. So it then reverts to the last HVAC settings you had in your profile.

Thanks. This makes sense, but I’m still going to call it a bug. This is new behavior in 28.3.1, and it’s annoying more than anything. I don’t want a separate temp for Easy Entry. If I get in the car and change the temperature, I’d like it to stay that way.

Oh... and how in the HECK do you exit from the "More Cowbell" toybox app?? The only way we got it to stop was to initiate fart mode.

That mode is highly annoying with no easy way to exit!

If you are talking about the rainbow road bit, that lasts as long as you keep Autopilot on. Disengage and the rainbow goes away. My kids love it and the song though so they request it :)

Reactions: turnem
Thanks. This makes sense, but I’m still going to call it a bug. This is new behavior in 28.3.1, and it’s annoying more than anything. I don’t want a separate temp for Easy Entry. If I get in the car and change the temperature, I’d like it to stay that way.

Pretty sure it’s been this way for weeks and weeks and maybe months.

What did you update from?

It’s kinda neat to have the temperature be part of the driver profile I think.