Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The claimed the update can take hours. Given they were saying they're delivering 50-80 cars from that location each day, I can see why they hadn't done the update.

Updates generally take about 45 minutes, during which time you can't drive the car. At a delivery centre they could set them all to do it during the night or on the transport lorry on their way no problem.

Got this this morning M3P+.
Nothing new on release notes.

From driving it today a fair distance I can say it has not fixed the bugs of :

AP/TACC not working

Rear camera intermittently black

Yet to test if the sentry mode system fault notification error is still present as I switched it off and removed USB in an effort to see if it was causing the above issues...

Anyone also had these issues and seen a fix from this update?

Although you may have your phone’s notifications on overall, If you’ve reinstalled the Tesla app the notification settings inside it get reset

Tesla app > cog icon top-left > notifications

B3F24326-4E21-424B-BB4E-2A68518CD9C2.png

• Funny
Reactions: KingBozo
I’ve been running around with 2019.36.2.3 since I installed it last Saturday. So far I have detected absolutely nothing different from my previous 2019.36.2.1 and no difference in app notifications.
Some claim that “hold” has been improved when reversing but I haven’t noticed anything.

Got this this morning M3P+.
Nothing new on release notes.

From driving it today a fair distance I can say it has not fixed the bugs of :

AP/TACC not working

Rear camera intermittently black

Yet to test if the sentry mode system fault notification error is still present as I switched it off and removed USB in an effort to see if it was causing the above issues...

Anyone also had these issues and seen a fix from this update?
Ok so not sure if this is related to the update, but as well as the existing lack of AP/ rear camera, I now have "eCall emergency call system needs service", sat nav location stuck on my home location, screen will not automatically switch from day mode to night.

Anyone else with this issue since update?

So I scheduled an appointment last night, and this morning it was duly cancelled and they pushed the "latest version". This was 2019.36.2.1 which the car told me was available when I arrived at work. I said update right away and it all done.

LTE at work (EE) is more than twice as fast as the best performance I get on wifi at home.

Just had first daytime drive on 2019.36.2.3 and it was awful.

I suspect a consequence of many blindspot unavailable events (possibly misting of cameras), low sun/long horizontal shadows and maybe software.

Moment I hit the motorway and turned on AP/NoA I noticed problems - it undertook a lorry on a new lane between two adjacent junctions M3 J3/4a. Cant be sure if merge had fully completed by that point. Then lane change failed miserably - a couple of flashes, then nothing, not even a popup.

That seemed to be the story of the drive. Lots of NoA's unavailable. I gave up in the end and took full manual control. Turned around at 5 to come back east to fleet supercharger, but better, but not significantly. Again, an other episode of undertaking - was doing about 60 and there was a middle lane hog. Noticed at fleet the b-pillar camera slight misting - not noticed that before. So gave it a long blast of warm air whilst supercharging but still a problem on my return.

If others get this frequently, I can see why the complaints. I've only up until had minor issues and the reasons why have been obvious.

Seems like lame changes were failing in non obvious manner (probably blind spot detection issue) but no idea why it was happy to undertake a middle lane hog doing 60 in a 70. Didn't help that I was coming up to fleet turnoff so had to stick with it on manual for a mile or so.

Oh yes. Also got locked out at fleet for a minute or so whilst phone was 'connecting'. First time that ever happened.

Last edited:
Oh, yes, nearly forgot.

A couple of times it was swaying up the lane like it had been on the booze. Felt like it was taking a much wider berth around some vehicles then just oscillated back to its normal path - to point on one occasion, it felt rather uncomfortable with a barrier not far enough away.

Just had first daytime drive on 2019.36.2.3 and it was awful.

I suspect a consequence of many blindspot unavailable events (possibly misting of cameras), low sun/long horizontal shadows and maybe software.

Moment I hit the motorway and turned on AP/NoA I noticed problems - it undertook a lorry on a new lane between two adjacent junctions M3 J3/4a. Cant be sure if merge had fully completed by that point. Then lane change failed miserably - a couple of flashes, then nothing, not even a popup.

That seemed to be the story of the drive. Lots of NoA's unavailable. I gave up in the end and took full manual control. Turned around at 5 to come back east to fleet supercharger, but better, but not significantly. Again, an other episode of undertaking - was doing about 60 and there was a middle lane hog. Noticed at fleet the b-pillar camera slight misting - not noticed that before. So gave it a long blast of warm air whilst supercharging but still a problem on my return.

If others get this frequently, I can see why the complaints. I've only up until had minor issues and the reasons why have been obvious.

Seems like lame changes were failing in non obvious manner (probably blind spot detection issue) but no idea why it was happy to undertake a middle lane hog doing 60 in a 70. Didn't help that I was coming up to fleet turnoff so had to stick with it on manual for a mile or so.

Oh yes. Also got locked out at fleet for a minute or so whilst phone was 'connecting'. First time that ever happened.

Re overtaking on the left, I'll hold my hands up to sometimes doing this manually with the kind of speeds you're talking about. My excuse is that a car in middle lane at well under the limit with something else moving through to its left puts us in the grey area where "traffic jam" rules are taking over from normal lane discipline. Maybe tesla thinks the same? Mine did the same today a couple of times, on the same road, and I'm not even sure the middle lane cars were going as slow as 60. I figure there has to come a speed (or some variable) cutoff in the programming where it'll move through on the left.