Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.40.50 Release Notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Neat! Any update on how HW 3 retrofits for HW 2.5 users are coming along? I heard this news was released awhile back, but the retrofits themselves haven’t been put into motion by service centers

I saw on Twitter that they're aiming to start the retrofits at the start of the new year. Until now, there was no major differences in the software that would require the newer hardware.
Would have been good for them to update people before releasing something that requires the new hardware though... :)

Reactions: Boson12
I saw on Twitter that they're aiming to start the retrofits at the start of the new year. Until now, there was no major differences in the software that would require the newer hardware.
Would have been good for them to update people before releasing something that requires the new hardware though... :)

It doesn't require new hardware. Tesla just turned visualizations off for AP2+.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
It doesn't require new hardware. Tesla just turned visualizations off for AP2+.

Do you have any evidence of that?

Elon specifically said that the FSD sneak preview would only be for AP3. We don't know if it is because Tesla simply turned it off for AP2 or if the visualizations are not physically possible on AP2. It is probably logical to assume that the visualizations are only for AP3 because Tesla is now using the AP3 specific NN. But we don't know for sure. In any case, we should avoid giving people false hope by implying that maybe Tesla will turn the visualizations on for AP2 when we don't know that.

Do you have any evidence of that?

Elon specifically said that the FSD sneak preview would only be for AP3. We don't know if it is because Tesla simply turned it off for AP2 or if the visualizations are not physically possible on AP2. It is probably logical to assume that the visualizations are only for AP3 because Tesla is now using the AP3 specific NN. But we don't know for sure. In any case, we should avoid giving people false hope by implying that maybe Tesla will turn the visualizations on for AP2 when we don't know that.

Yup.. @verygreen turned them on in AP2.5

As far as I know, there is no such thing as a AP3 NN

• Helpful
Reactions: Ulmo
Got 2019.40.50.1 this morning on my FSD M3 LR

Lota of cool voice commands but big issue for me is that "Navigate to "xxxxx"" now comes up "command not recognized " anyone know if the Navagate command word has changed to something else? That is a huge hassle, when I type the exact phrase I to the navigate bar, pops right up and navigates there......
Another owner mentioned they tried all the reboot options but when they did the 'Power off' from the service screen that is the one that allowed the navigate voice commands to work. Not sure on what 'subsystems' are affected by each type of reboot. AFAIK, 'Power off' should be done and you should wait 1-2 minutes while in the seat before you press the brake. Perhaps a myth but I'd wait at least 10 seconds the old let the capacitors drain idea. :)

This doesn't seem to be the case though. Maybe down the road.

The fact that Tesla is only enabling the new FSD visualizations on AP3 AND the fact that Elon has said that the software has not diverged yet but will diverge in Q1 when they do the AP3 upgrades are pretty indicators that we are pretty close to that point.

Remember that "hacking" the software to make it show the visualizations on AP2.5 doesn't really mean anything. It just means that the person is really good at going into the software and making it do something that Tesla did not enable it to do. The fact that Tesla is not enabling the visualizations for AP2 and AP2.5 is quite telling IMO.

• Disagree
Reactions: DrDabbles
It is often reported, that the car sometimes needs to enter "sleep" mode, before all features function as they should.

I don't think it's available in the UK yet. The controlls are now active via the app but it simply says summon not available in this location. See pictures below

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191224_190035_com.teslamotors.tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20191224_190035_com.teslamotors.tesla.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 61
Yep! Most intersections are replaced by roundabouts in Europe in general. You don't really stop much here. :)
I saw that a lot driving in Germany and the Netherlands, but there were still stop signs there. I wonder if it recognizes yield signs and how well it handles roundabouts in FSD, if at all yet. I tried on the one roundabout we have here and it tried to go straight through it haha.