Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.40.50 Release Notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try this... In the UI, go to Autopilot tab, flip the visualization toggle to "on" and retest... Worked for me.
I don't know how else to make this clear. The toggle is not present. Does not exist. Is not visible in the menu options. Tesla support is looking into it, but based on the fact that it isn't in my patch notes and that no one else who has HW3 is having the problem, it looks like they have given me HW 2.5 by mistake when my build should have been HW3.

Reactions: Ulmo
Yup.. @verygreen turned them on in AP2.5

As far as I know, there is no such thing as a AP3 NN
I did not turn in-dash visualisations on hw2.5 if you mean the cones. if you mean the traffic lights/stop signs that was in v9, they took the option away in v10 and then in current release (limited to mcu2 for the display too) they have much more elaborate visualizations for whatever reason.

As for AP3 NNs, its' a complicatd topic, there are clearly NNs compiled for HW3 specifically. Though their structure seems very similar to hw2 NNs

I bought a late May build and bought with FSD at time of purchase which means I got HW3.
no it dos not mean that.

Hw2.5 was placed into random cars for quite some time (until at least September). so unless you have it in writing somewhere that you are buying a hw3 car, just going by date alone does not mean anything.

no it dos not mean that.

Hw2.5 was placed into random cars for quite some time (until at least September). so unless you have it in writing somewhere that you are buying a hw3 car, just going by date alone does not mean anything.

Thanks for the info, @verygreen. I was going off of date and the tech on the phone who told me I have HW3. I do believe I read an Elon tweet saying all new builds after March/April would have HW3 if you got FSD at purchase time, but maybe I'm wrong on that. Oddly enough to your point about traffic cones, I did see them on my display but only once right when it first came out and nothing again since. I'm guessing this all adds up to what you're saying which is I got bad luck of the draw and am stuck on HW 2.5 until they start retrofits. SUPER disappointing, but I'll rest easier knowing what's happening at least. Would be great to get confirmation of it from Tesla too since the tech did tell me point blank that I have HW3.

Last edited:
It's where you prance about outside the car, waving your hands about and look very effeminate... Oh shocks, no, wrong answer :). It's what we'd call Camping mode over here on the other side of the pond - the power and heating stays on while you're making hotdogs outside the tent...
It's suposed to be "Camping Mode", not "Camp Mode". It looks like they hired some ESL students. I hope someone corrects that English.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
Laughing! Eyesight 20-20 at over 5' I wear glasses for reading and using a computer. I have joked that in a few years, as Elon Musk's close-up vision declines, he will probably realize that the text on a Tesla screen is just a little too small to be read easily. Once that happens there will be an update adjust screen text size!
His eyesight should start going soon after watching a few more rocket launches, since mine started to go a few years ago after working on an insulation job that didn't have proper safety controls for some hidden welding that sometimes surfaced.
Yep.

Presbyopia - noun
farsightedness caused by loss of elasticity of the lens of the eye, occurring typically in middle and old age.

Gets everyone. The only way to avoid it is to die young.

Yes, true. I recently went to the opthomologist, and she explained that to me after we found out that is happening to me. I'm the same age as Elon, so any day now text size will increase on Teslas if he still drives. If he has a driver, never count on the text size increasing ever until people keep bugging him about it.

• Funny
Reactions: GSP
For all you X owners out there, additional release notes (2019 MX raven):
View attachment 492356 View attachment 492357 View attachment 492358

New setting for the adaptive suspension.

The visualizations are cool. Showed all stop signs on my short test route. Painted lines and turn arrows displayed.

Natural language commands works really well - ”Turn on passenger heater seat” “Turn on heated steering wheel”, etc are nice additions.

Text messaging is great in my limited use. So far the phrase “Send a text message to __” has been my only successful command (vs ”Send a message to...”). Still need to play with it some more.

Enjoy!
I was extremely unimpressed with the Raven Suspension test drive I did when it came out: it was bumpier than my Mercedes E500 back when it had stock bags! It's now time to test the Raven suspension again with this software. Anyone want to let me try it? Otherwise, I'll go check in a store again.

I just got the update in Canada, no driving visualizations beyond the cones. No option in the autopilot menu either. Is this a US only thing for now? Also it won't let me watch youtube on LTE anymore which would be fine if I could buy premium connectivity, but that is also missing in Canada it seems, sigh.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
Hmmm... 0DC80F20-448E-4A4E-BA47-1E0A03ECC63A.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200 and Ulmo