Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.8.3 Release Notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So looks like Canadians don't get the one click summon via KeyFob (expected) nor the Red Light Detection Warning on Autosteer (surprised/disappointed).

from 2019.5.15 => 2019.8.3 it appears the only major change is the promised 5% power increase.

MBwsfCc.jpg

ETF4B5A.jpg

GGjlBVW.jpg

I got an update notification around 1030ish last night. I was already in bed so I didn't action. I tried to install via the app this morning and it gave an error saying no update is available.

I went to the car and it wasn't pending there any longer either. Rebooted the car 1.5 hrs ago and still nothing.

Did this happen to any of you as well?

Didn’t get the update notes, but there’s a change in the climate control screen.

It doesn’t make you flip between the controls for the fans & all or the heated seat controls. Now they’re all displayed at the same time.

Also noted that in park you have the climate setting is Off, On, and Dog now. :)

So looks like Canadians don't get the one click summon via KeyFob (expected) nor the Red Light Detection Warning on Autosteer (surprised/disappointed).

from 2019.5.15 => 2019.8.3 it appears the only major change is the promised 5% power increase.

MBwsfCc.jpg

ETF4B5A.jpg

GGjlBVW.jpg

I get the key fob limitation given how it has worked in Canada so far, supposedly given regulations.

However, I don’t get the red light one. It’s not doing anything other than warning you from what I gather. Why would that not be available in Canada?

• Love
Reactions: matpolley
I got an update notification around 1030ish last night. I was already in bed so I didn't action. I tried to install via the app this morning and it gave an error saying no update is available.

I went to the car and it wasn't pending there any longer either. Rebooted the car 1.5 hrs ago and still nothing.

Rumour on Reddit is that Tesla engineers pulled the update. I guess there's a show stopper bug that they found just now.

I get the key fob limitation given how it has worked in Canada so far, supposedly given regulations.

However, I don’t get the red light one. It’s not doing anything other than warning you from what I gather. Why would that not be available in Canada?

For red lights, it might be a lack of map data? Canadian lights are very similar to US lights. On the other hand Europe got the functionality and their lights differ much more compared to Canada's.

*ninja edit, europe didn't get red light detection.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Red light is under autosteer supposedly, which may mean those who just get AP, like me, will also get it. I wonder and I don't mind it either way.

Does it means that the autosteer may respond to traffic light and do stop and go? Those are supposed to be under FSD! I mean people use autosteer even in urban area as long as there is a car in front.

Red light is under autosteer supposedly, which may mean those who just get AP, like me, will also get it. I wonder and I don't mind it either way.

Does it means that the autosteer may respond to traffic light and do stop and go? Those are supposed to be under FSD! I mean people use autosteer even in urban area as long as there is a car in front.

Not yet. This is just a warning for now. And based on youtube videos it mainly works at night (fails almost all the time during the day) and about half the time at that.

Reactions: Funkmobile

Yes, this happened to me for the previous update (notification in the evening but then it disappeared a few hours later), which then re-appeared a whole week later, at which point it installed fine via the phone app (2019.5.15), but I am still missing the promised range increase. My range is still showing max 491 km even after a couple of deep-discharge (down to 20%) events and then charging to full 100%). Have not been presented with any further updates yet.