Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But speed sign only in usa, wtf?

This BS has been going on way too long now, the car not reading the speed signs, and the absolute nonsense phantom breaking.
The day that the software is complete is the day the software is complete. Being angry, happy, or indifferent will not change that date. At all.

There will always be bugs to be angry with.

There will always be progress to be happy with.

But the software will be done on the day it is done, regardless of what your mood along the way is. You are powerless to affect it.

The only thing you have the ability to change is your attitude along the journey. Nothing else.

Redditors are claiming that some components are included, if this is graphics for future visualizations or neural networks that at some point might be run in shadow mode or neural networks that are running in shadow mode we don’t know.
This is standard practice in DevOps.

We do it too at work whenever we have large rewrites/changes of modules. We look at all the changes done, then look for bits and pieces that can be moved up to earlier releases. This will "eat up" lines of code and untested code from the big change. We try to get it as small as possible to reduce risk (bonus is we get to test the bits & pieces released earlier in production too).

Maybe sign recognition was just so separate that it could be backported like this.

This is standard practice in DevOps.

We do it too at work whenever we have large rewrites/changes of modules. We look at all the changes done, then look for bits and pieces that can be moved up to earlier releases. This will "eat up" lines of code and untested code from the big change. We try to get it as small as possible to reduce risk (bonus is we get to test the bits & pieces released earlier in production too).

Maybe sign recognition was just so separate that it could be backported like this.

It doesn't work that way for NNs though. If you watch Karpathy's talks about their hydranet, you'd see why a foundational rewrite can't be implemented in bits and pieces. Once they change the core NN, it's essentially the rewrite.

Reactions: trisk
It doesn't work that way for NNs though. If you watch Karpathy's talks about their hydranet, you'd see why a foundational rewrite can't be implemented in bits and pieces. Once they change the core NN, it's essentially the rewrite.
Yes, however the interfaces around it is implemented by standard code. NN's as of now only do some very specific tasks that are hard to code manually, and most of the driving policy is still standard code (unless something has significantly changed after the latest rewrite).

For some changes it can be hard, but for standard code we are often able to merge 50-70% of the rewritten code and test that in production before the actual release that triggered the need for that rewrite.

Yes, however the interfaces around it is implemented by standard code. NN's as of now only do some very specific tasks that are hard to code manually, and most of the driving policy is still standard code (unless something has significantly changed after the latest rewrite).

My interpretation is that the foundational rewrite mostly involves the NNs, in particular the hydranet and how the car interprets the world. Elon talks about the car seeing in 4D and having to rewrite their labeling software for full 4D. I'd think code like NoA when to change lanes to exit would stay the same.

Reactions: ChrML
Looks like it was pulled from wide release.
TeslaFI data. 32.5 seems to be going pretty strong tho.

rFHqhKJ.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
They had to leave those bugs in, otherwise what would 2020.36.1 fix?

Tested 36 a little bit this morning. It sucks imo. The green light chime seems to only work for non-arrow lights, and I heard the chime even when I was in a left turn lane (although my left arrow was red and the straight lights turned green).

Also, I was on NoA at an exit, and my car decided to take the exit at 25mph (there was a 25mph limit sign on my dash, but the max circle was doing the NoA taper) instead of the usual NoA speed taper (50-45-40-35 etc.).

Lane keeping and speed regulation doesn't seem better. If anything, it's a bit worse on curves, lol. Overall underwhelming update. The only new and exciting feature is speed limit signs.