Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.40.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here! They’re probably getting tired of my “bug reports” from my daily commute.
Sadly "bug report" is pretty much a local snapshot of the current state with logs etc. I not sure that it actually alerts anyone in support, it just waits there incase a support engineer goes to look - or so I've been told.
I'd be happy to get a better answer from folks like @verygreen
It would be nice if it did more than that and actually sent data back.

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
how does this help you if nobody looks at the data? Just wastes storage at mothership ;)
ha!
my implication was that somebody (or automation) would classify and action it. Can't really see the point of doing the in car bug reports if it doesn't do anything actionable. Especially when all other feedback options have been shutdown at Tesla.
I can see the point if you're going to report an example of an issue - but bug reports for minor things like map inaccuracies will never be actioned.

Sadly "bug report" is pretty much a local snapshot of the current state with logs etc. I not sure that it actually alerts anyone in support, it just waits there incase a support engineer goes to look - or so I've been told.
I'd be happy to get a better answer from folks like @verygreen
It would be nice if it did more than that and actually sent data back.
I concur. Would be nice if it did something. I don’t know if it does, but I do love to complain...so I guess at worst the placebo effect gives me comfort.

I concur. Would be nice if it did something. I don’t know if it does, but I do love to complain...so I guess at worst the placebo effect gives me comfort.
for me its so I can help out and let them know about the little oddities the mess with the overall experience.
I honestly don't see how Tesla can get that kind of feedback any longer. They've shutdown all of the old feedback (not support) avenues - so even if you were so inclined you can't help.

verygreen does know- and he's confirmed before that it doesn't do something.

(well, doesn't do something beyond store the file locally for a service center to look at if you open a service case anyway)

Reactions: DDotJ
for me its so I can help out and let them know about the little oddities the mess with the overall experience.
I honestly don't see how Tesla can get that kind of feedback any longer. They've shutdown all of the old feedback (not support) avenues - so even if you were so inclined you can't help.

I don't think this is what bug report is for or how it works.

Bug report is for logging a snapshot of your car and storing it locally. The service center can recall that snapshot if you take the car there and diagnose problems.

I don't think this is what bug report is for or how it works.

Bug report is for logging a snapshot of your car and storing it locally. The service center can recall that snapshot if you take the car there and diagnose problems.
Kind of. When bug report was released a certain CEO tweeted that you could use bug report to do what it says, report bugs. Now it does nothing of the sort, it works exactly as you say and but reports nothing. There is no way to submit bugs other than booking a service call.

• Informative
Reactions: totteraptor
Hi,

First time Tesla owner. We just picked up our M3 on 9/26, so still learning about the car. We are still on 2020.36.xx, as of today 10/05. When does 2020.40.xx (or other releases) usually get pushed and do we get notified via the Tesla app at all?

Hi,

First time Tesla owner. We just picked up our M3 on 9/26, so still learning about the car. We are still on 2020.36.xx, as of today 10/05. When does 2020.40.xx (or other releases) usually get pushed and do we get notified via the Tesla app at all?
Use TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker to track the latest and who gets it and where.
Warning: software updating is an addiction and you might start feeling “in need” when you feel you don’t get your update “fix” soon enough. ;)

Noticed an odd bug this morning with 2020.40. Was sitting in some in-town construction that moves about 10-15 miles per hour (at most) as traffic funnels down to one lane. It's very slow and stop and go.

So lazy me, I activated autopilot. When the first timeframe was up and I got the on-screen nag for steering wheel input, I did it. But I was immediately greeted with another steering input message. Done. But then it came back, and again and again.

I've only tried this once, but curious if others have a similar issue, where you basically can not dismiss the nag reminder?

Noticed an odd bug this morning with 2020.40. Was sitting in some in-town construction that moves about 10-15 miles per hour (at most) as traffic funnels down to one lane. It's very slow and stop and go.

So lazy me, I activated autopilot. When the first timeframe was up and I got the on-screen nag for steering wheel input, I did it. But I was immediately greeted with another steering input message. Done. But then it came back, and again and again.

I've only tried this once, but curious if others have a similar issue, where you basically can not dismiss the nag reminder?

The nag is not just time based. It's also confidence based. If the car (or rather the set of perception neural nets) is uncertain about things, it will check to make sure you're there.

Resting a hand on the wheel to apply constant light torque will prevent all the nags. I can't believe people would rather wait for a prompt and then jiggle it - seems stressful, and what are you doing with your hands anyway? :p
upload_2020-10-6_9-15-51.png

The nag is not just time based. It's also confidence based. If the car (or rather the set of perception neural nets) is uncertain about things, it will check to make sure you're there.
This! Thank you!
Also, the resistance on the wheel is also confidence based.
When the car is uncertain it is way easier to break out of Autosteer than when the car is certain in any situation.

Resting a hand on the wheel to apply constant light torque will prevent all the nags. I can't believe people would rather wait for a prompt and then jiggle it - seems stressful, and what are you doing with your hands anyway? :p
View attachment 595801

Haha

But I also adjusted the max speed of autopilot (by 1 mph) with the right scroll wheel, which removed the nag in the past (at least that's how it worked before). But it kept nagging. And even more firm tugs and input to the steering didn't help.