Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the past I've usually been in the last 10%-20% to get an update, so I was surprised to get the notification for 202.8.1 yesterday. I got the HW3 upgrade installed a couple of weeks ago.

(2018 "stealth" P3D, HW3 upgrade)

According to TeslaFi data, it looks like Tesla is prioritizing sending 2020.8.1 to performance Model 3s (probably because of Track Mode V2).

Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 10.40.51 AM.png

I'm a bit confused about the current definition of "Stealth" or "Sleeper", or what was called M3P-. I got lucky and got one of these last November. Now some are calling the new configuration (LR/AWD w/PUP) a "Stealth" or "Sleeper".

I haven't gotten the update yet, but would the original Stealths get the Track Mode 2? It would seem to make sense, because my car is actually called a P by the Tesla model description, even though it does not have the wheels, brakes etc. of a full-on P.

I'm a bit confused about the current definition of "Stealth" or "Sleeper", or what was called M3P-. I got lucky and got one of these last November. Now some are calling the new configuration (LR/AWD w/PUP) a "Stealth" or "Sleeper".

I haven't gotten the update yet, but would the original Stealths get the Track Mode 2? It would seem to make sense, because my car is actually called a P by the Tesla model description, even though it does not have the wheels, brakes etc. of a full-on P.

PUP is/was just a mechanical upgrade (better brakes, slightly lowered suspension, larger wheel) so the software and firmware is identical between PUP version and sleeper/stealth versions (besides a cosmetic UI difference showing red brake calipers and larger wheels). No reason Track Mode, regardless of version, shouldn't be available to both versions.

PUP is/was just a mechanical upgrade (better brakes, slightly lowered suspension, larger wheel) so the software and firmware is identical between PUP version and sleeper/stealth versions (besides a cosmetic UI difference showing red brake calipers and larger wheels). No reason Track Mode, regardless of version, shouldn't be available to both versions.

The original Stealths all have Track Mode. I am wondering if they will get Track Mode 2.

You picked the wrong car if you don't like updates. I tell people that Tesla is first and foremost a technology company that happens to make cars -- as opposed to the "other guys" who make cars and seem to dabble in the technology. So your Tesla is riddled with tech that always needs updates. I don't care if my IOS constantly gets updates that say "bug fixes and performance enhancements" -- I enjoy each and every one of them. It's not like it really impacts me.

But to be specifically topical, usually about 20% of any given update has something directly useful to me. The bluetooth enhancements to this update in particular are great -- I can't count how many times I'm transitioning to my car while on a phone call and having the car pick up the call while I'm entering and everyone on the call gets all the door slamming, beeping, etc of passenger entry. Now with this update the transition should be a lot more smooth. Lovely and highly useful.

Hell even the exFat improvements are useful to me. It's been a long time since I looked at my USB SSD that was partitioned for both sentry and music storage... "it just works".

But you sound like you need to lighten up a bit. One man's trash is another man's treasure and all that .... but I bet that this forum would attest that nearly all updates have something useful.

I would take weekly regular updates even if they did nothing but generally improve the autonomy, and nothing else, and that's usually what is included in the "general bug fixes".
Check out my follow up post. I love my Tesla and you can find numerous posts I have made supporting the company. I used an unfortunate word: :Useless" and I should have said "Disappointing", so be it. That is no excuse for the name calling that occurred among what I now call the TJW. "Tesla Justice Warriors" just like their "social" counterparts they impede normal discussion with hysteria and name calling without ever considering the facts.

Check out my follow up post. I love my Tesla and you can find numerous posts I have made supporting the company. I used an unfortunate word: :Useless" and I should have said "Disappointing", so be it. That is no excuse for the name calling that occurred among what I now call the TJW. "Tesla Justice Warriors" just like their "social" counterparts they impede normal discussion with hysteria and name calling without ever considering the facts.

Lol. I think they know the facts.

-Tesla sends out updates to improve your car.
-You call those updates useless, because it doesn’t suit your individual needs. :)

I think they call that “Entitled”.
If you were a 6 year old, you would be called spoiled. :)

They signed an agreement with EVGo to add tesla proprietary connectors at some stations

Tesla vehicles can soon be charged at EVgo charging stations in the US

Notice it mentions the rollout begins in SFO.

My guess is those are the only 3rd party stations being added- the ones with tesla plugs.

Can anyone in the SFO area confirm or not if it shows anything ELSE? I'd guess not though.

Only new cars have bluetooth or voice commands, and only new cars are Ps?

I don't think so, Tim.
Read the post again. PM = Permanent Magnet

looks like the 2020.8.1 rollout is slowed to a crawl..barely any new model 3s installing

I saw several other 2020 p3d owners in my area got the update yesterday but I am still waiting...its killin me, I have a track day tomorrow!

looks like the 2020.8.1 rollout is slowed to a crawl..barely any new model 3s installing

I saw several other 2020 p3d owners in my area got the update yesterday but I am still waiting...its killin me, I have a track day tomorrow!
Could be broken. Had to turn off NoAP completely today as it’s non-sensical lane changes “to follow route” would not respond to turn signal tap to cancel.