Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm surprised you haven't seen it.
It's an excellent spreadsheet that is a record of the ships that have loaded at Pier 80.
Lots of detail in it.
Tesla Carriers
That's the one I mentioned, yes. I know that one - I've helped Franco by supplying info to it since day 1.
I'm asking where people are seeing it says Zeebrugge for Glovis Composer - because I do not see it mentioned in that sheet and it's not public knowledge (as far as I'm aware) that it's truly going there.

Last edited:
That will work however, there are 73 possible ships and, as you are aware, not all of them have 'Glovis' in the name.
True. Using "Glovis" was simply an example of how other ships can be weeded out and then non "Glovis"-named Glovis ships can then be searched for manually. Using it together with "Search in Current Map Area" and setting that to a area covering the Americas and part of the Pacific and a bit of the Caribbean Sea, yielded, as I mentioned, Glovis Composer for me. It also excludes all the Glovis ships and others that are not in the area. You should try it.

Last edited:
Thanks Yes that it is an improvement!
For the record, my shortlist of suspects is pretty short at the moment.
GLOVIS CHORUS I think can now be scored off, at least for Q2.
That leaves on my top spot GRAND VENUS which is currently anchored in Vancouver.
K. ASIAN BEAUTY could be the 3rd ship or possibly ASIAN GLORY
One ship I was also keeping an eye on was LYDDEN but I don't think she can make it for Q2.
I'm not confident that those placeholders on the San Francisco schedule are totally reliable either..

Reactions: MGrove and Roy W.
Thanks Yes that it is an improvement!
For the record, my shortlist of suspects is pretty short at the moment.
GLOVIS CHORUS I think can now be scored off, at least for Q2.
That leaves on my top spot GRAND VENUS which is currently anchored in Vancouver.
K. ASIAN BEAUTY could be the 3rd ship or possibly ASIAN GLORY
One ship I was also keeping an eye on was LYDDEN but I don't think she can make it for Q2.
I'm not confident that those placeholders on the San Francisco schedule are totally reliable either..
Completely agree. GLOVIS SUN is worth looking at too, it shares its destination with K. ASIAN BEAUTY with an ETA 2 days later.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Finding possible 'Tesla' vessels is tricky at the moment - there are lots of ships out of position at the moment. Normal routes are quiet and an awful lot of the Glovis vessels have gravitated back to Asia. Whilst Tesla clearly use Glovis vessels a lot they have had no hesitation in using other ships when the need arises. There are a couple of non-Glovis vessels that are not so far away at anchor that may be called upon.

On the other hand, we are approaching a month (June) when very little Tesla shipping is expected anyway and so the logistic folk will have time to cue up the Q3 ships which should depart from early July. In the UK however the new car market has collapsed and will be very sluggish to restart as it depends to a large degree on a healthy second-hand market to take the trade-ins, but it is in an even worse state. The UK Tesla website has plenty of Model 3s in inventory and some leasing companies have been offloading Model 3s at very low prices in recent days. Nobody would have predicted this situation a few months back. The point is I cannot see the level of shipping to the UK we saw in Q1 returning in Q3 simply because of reduced demand.

I would however love to be proved wrong.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Roy W. and MGrove
The GLOVIS COMPOSER is still on track to start loading at Pier 80 on Wednesday morning. Its destination remains to be confirmed although there is a suggestion from the production line that it is bound for the EU.
The San Francisco port schedule still has the 2 placeholders for ships arriving on the 26 and 29 May.
As can be seen from recent posts no ships for these slots have been positively identified.
GRAND VENUS which was anchored off Vancouver for the last few days was a strong candidate but it's apparently going to head down to Tacoma possibly later today. It could still be in the frame but I'm beginning to have my doubts.
That leaves 3 ships to watch K.ASIAN BEAUTY, ASIAN GLORY and GLOVIS SUN.

The GLOVIS COMPOSER is still on track to start loading at Pier 80 on Wednesday morning. Its destination remains to be confirmed although there is a suggestion from the production line that it is bound for the EU.

I noticed that GLOVIS COMPOSER haven't send its position for more than 24 hours now. Is it normal?

Edit:
Noticed this morning that the Glovis Composer has made a turn to starboard overnight heading for San Francisco
Where you can see this? I just find that the latest report from the ship came at 2020-05-17 23:02

Last edited:
I noticed that GLOVIS COMPOSER haven't send its position for more than 24 hours now. Is it normal?

Edit:

Where you can see this? I just find that the latest report from the ship came at 2020-05-17 23:02

Attachments

• CB8A02BC-64C7-4E71-B6C3-55E862924026.png
    CB8A02BC-64C7-4E71-B6C3-55E862924026.png
    324.5 KB · Views: 60

Edit:

All is well.
Unless you pay (big bucks) to receive position updates from satellite reports you just receive position data that are received by land based receivers.
The GLOVIS COMPOSER will arrive alongside Pier 80 tomorrow morning (local time!)

I was exchanging some mails with a Tesla B2B sales rep yesterday and asked the question about whether the still advertised June delivery estimates for the LR and Performance model 3's was on task and he advised it was.

All positive signs... better call my electrician and get the charger fitted! :)

All is well.
Unless you pay (big bucks) to receive position updates from satellite reports you just receive position data that are received by land based receivers.
The GLOVIS COMPOSER will arrive alongside Pier 80 tomorrow morning (local time!)
On the Marine Traffic app you can pay around 1 dollar/pound/Euro and get 24 hr. satellite access to its location.
I did, and it's currently off the coast of Santa Maria, California heading towards SFO at 14.9 knots.

Great. Thanks for the update.
If anyone else wants to do a Marinetraffic 7 day trial I suggest you wait until the ship is through the Panama Canal and then you can update this thread with positions when the ship is in the Caribbean & Atlantic.
With the hurricane season kicking off early this year (we have already had the 1st tropical storm of the season) tracking could be interesting.