Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I might be wrong, but on my understanding and if I do remember well it's the same ship. 1st stop Belgium (Zeebrugge) and 2nd Netherlands (Amsterdam).

As a rule, all shipments of Model 3 go via Zeebrugge.
There has been the odd exception eg last year December when the NL tax rules were about to change a shipload went direct to Amsterdam and customers collected their cars from the dock.
Generally all the cars are unloaded in Zeebrugge and are crossloaded to other ships for onward passage to Norway, UK etc. Last quarter there were large shipments to the UK and so six of the seven ships unloaded in Zeebrugge but then went on to Southampton to unload the UK shipments.

Last quarter however we saw that Tesla was having, on a couple of occasions, operational problems with Zeebrugge and so the last month or so was an opportunity for operations there to be reviewed.
Given the all the logistical benefits of Zeebrugge it would be a brave decision to move the port of entry to elsewhere in Europe.

Nothing has really changed on the shipping front since my post last Friday 3308 above, where I commented on that port schedule.
I have received information that production for the EU is in progress and if that is true (and all the evidence points to it being true) the target must be to fill the ship that is due in on 26 May. That ship remains to be identified and the number of possibilites are still too large at present to be meaningful.
It would be nice to see if Pier 80 is filling up. This would give a good indication of how soon we can expect to see a ship there. There is nothing to prevent an earlier shipment - there are ships available that could be there within days.

I will continue to monitor my usual sources and am very grateful to 'those in the know' for their tips and hints - keep them coming!
Thank you for all your info. Hope I can get my hands on my M3 Performance soon :)

This thread has been interesting to read. I ordered a Model X Long Range mid-April. At the time, my delivery date was estimated to be June. About 2-3 weeks ago the estimated date changed to nothing. I'm excited to see movement in Teslas coming to Europe.

Model X (and S) come to Europe via a different route.
Before leaving the factory in Fremont they are partially dismantled and loaded into containers - 3 cars per container.
They are then driven to the Oakland Intermodal Terminal and loaded on to a train for a roughly 9 day journey to Houston Pearland.
Then its a one hour journey by road to the docks at Barbers Cut.
From there it is a 15 day journey by a regular scheduled Maersk container ship to Rotterdam.
The container is then shipped by barge to the Tesla facility in Tilburg for reassembly.
All Model S and X are then distributed from there throughout Europe.

Not a simple logistical chain.

• Informative
Reactions: Roy W.
I ordered my M3 LR end of April, leasing company placed the order with Tesla on 5th May and was told I would get an email from Tesla within 10 days (this Friday) with estimated delivery date, glad to hear that they had a recent large shipment to the UK so hopefully they will have one there that matches my order

Model X (and S) come to Europe via a different route.
Before leaving the factory in Fremont they are partially dismantled and loaded into containers - 3 cars per container.
They are then driven to the Oakland Intermodal Terminal and loaded on to a train for a roughly 9 day journey to Houston Pearland.
Then its a one hour journey by road to the docks at Barbers Cut.
From there it is a 15 day journey by a regular scheduled Maersk container ship to Rotterdam.
The container is then shipped by barge to the Tesla facility in Tilburg for reassembly.
All Model S and X are then distributed from there throughout Europe.

Not a simple logistical chain.

Wow. Quite the process. I guess the car will get here when it gets here. Thanks for the info.

I ordered my M3 LR end of April, leasing company placed the order with Tesla on 5th May and was told I would get an email from Tesla within 10 days (this Friday) with estimated delivery date, glad to hear that they had a recent large shipment to the UK so hopefully they will have one there that matches my order
There hasn’t been a large shipment since March that we are aware of. do you have any further details? Either way, do you have Any news on being matched to a vehicle?

Model 3's spotted at Pier 80 !!!

EX9gbNFXkAEEAl4

EX9gcEsXkAAXrE8
EX9gdNRXsAAdLYl

Source

As it has to go through the leasing company as well I’m not holding my breath!
Been told they charge £240 for delivery as well so it’s going to be a 3 hr round trip to collect mine when it arrives, how much charge did people get with theirs as I have been told it will have 30-40%?
seems to be that if you request for it to be charged to a certain level for your travel needs then they are happy to do so. Mine had 90% without a request (Heathrow). My advice to you would be to reach out to Tesla rather than waiting for Tesla to reach out to you.
ps, sorry Mr M for being off topic

Been told they charge £240 for delivery as well so it’s going to be a 3 hr round trip to collect mine when it arrives, how much charge did people get with theirs as I have been told it will have 30-40%?

Collected mine yesterday - charged to 90% (Leeds), YMMV (literally!)

Reactions: Roy W.
All Supercharging on collection day is free so i wouldn't worry about it

Reactions: cliver18
Great to see so many cars waiting to be sent over to Europe!

When people say “contact Tesla” how are you doing it? Email, chat, phone? I don’t want to be a pain (Britishness) but equally don’t want to fall into any gaps given the current climate I imagine it’s entirely possible.

nb I ordered with Tesla direct so don’t need to worry about a lease provider.

Great to see so many cars waiting to be sent over to Europe!

When people say “contact Tesla” how are you doing it? Email, chat, phone? I don’t want to be a pain (Britishness) but equally don’t want to fall into any gaps given the current climate I imagine it’s entirely possible.

nb I ordered with Tesla direct so don’t need to worry about a lease provider.
Phone, and just through the contact us number that is easily available online, google, tesla etc. I got way too worries about falling into any gaps that I was happy to be a pain just to make sure it was all in order (I was a lease customer). I suspect a lot of the gaps I had issues with would not be an issue if you went direct. Tesla were always very helpful when I spoke to them.

Reactions: ChickenDipper