Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although I've had my car for 10 weeks I still find this thread strangely addictive, watching and wiling these ships to arrive as anxious new owners turn from bursting with anticipation to bursting with joy.

Mr Miserable, you do everyone a great service!
As someone who's eagerly awaiting his new model 3, you're spot on. Mr Miserable is the man!

I am miserable. With a capital M.
Especially when somebody doesn't do their job.
Somebody needs to explain to me (and Elon) why a ship full of valuable cargo is bobbing up and down at anchor off the Isle of Wight when there is an empty pier ready for it.
I don't know who is not performing - the port, the shipping agent, the stevedores, Tesla UK or Mrs Jobsworth in admin but somebody needs to get a grip of this situation and identify the weak link.
Somebody at Tesla has bust a gut to organise this complex shipment and it has worked really well right up to Southampton.
I am disappointed and Miserable.

No GRAND VENUS on the Southampton arrivals for 22nd and so I think it safe to conclude she isn't coming to Southampton.
All the UK deliveries for Q2 are onboard the SILVER RAY

That's interesting as when Venus was port side at San Fran I was told my car was ready to get on a ship. I wonder by this they ment the Ray... Delivery for mine is week today. Exciting to watch unravel. Frustrating at the same time with the final leg being held up

The leasing company just dropped me an email telling that my car will be available to pick up on Monday the 29th at noon !
PS: I'm from Luxembourg

2a4TjW9.gif

Reactions: JupiterMan
I've been keeping an eye on GLOVIS SUN too.
You will recall that this ship was sitting in the San Francisco Bay waiting to ship Q3 production from Pier 80.
She left her anchorage last night and slipped out to sea.
She hasn't gone far, only about 50 miles off the coast and I assume she is doing some housekeeping.
I am a little surprised she hasn't gone beyond the 200 mile emission control boundary so that she is totally free of any limitations imposed by ECA regulations. Alternatively, she could be doing some engine testing as I'm sure they would have taken the opportunity of the down time to do as much preventative maintenance as possible and clear all those minor snags that have accumulated over time.
Anyway, I expect that she will return in due course.

SILVER RAY 9775828 Vehicle (MVE) MHL 17-Jun-2020 17:30 Nab Nab Anchorage No 1 104 S 9.30 199.95 20995 WAINWRIGHT BROS

Looks like it is due to move-off at 1730 today. Although the origin is just listed as "Nab".
The origin is Nab Anchorage No 1 where SILVER RAY is presently anchored. The DIR is Nab, the direction the ship will approach Southampton is via Nab Tower as opposed to the Needles.

Just got off the phone with my SA - he's looked up and confirmed that the cars have been unloaded in Zeebrugge - said "it's going to be loaded to another vessel" to get it into Southampton. My date for delivery is confirmed as 25-June. VIN - 7329xx

On a side note - he confirmed this batch of cars will not have the USB C and Wireless charging upgrades.

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado and LukeUK
Just got off the phone with my SA - he's looked up and confirmed that the cars have been unloaded in Zeebrugge - said "it's going to be loaded to another vessel" to get it into Southampton. My date for delivery is confirmed as 25-June. VIN - 7329xx

On a side note - he confirmed this batch of cars will not have the USB C and Wireless charging upgrades.

I suspect he's corrrect about he USB C ports and wireless charging otherwise however I beg to differ....

GRAND VENUS is presently joining the traffic separation scheme in the English Channel 25 miles south of Start Point (Salcombe). She has just 270 nm left to go and is making 16.8 kts. This means she will arrive off Zeebrugge in the wee small hours tomorrow. Whether she enters Zeebrugge straight away is not clear since she has revised her arrival time to 10:00 tomorrow.
We shall see...

Reactions: Roy W.