Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It probably isn't moving. Check the time the last position was updated, it was probably some time ago. The GLOVIS SUN is not in range of land based receivers at the moment. I shall hopefully get an update in hour or 2 to put your mind at rest. Or maybe not.
Oh my days is the 'Received Time' on Marine tracking the last time was updated? 4d 12 hrs ago? I've been checking so often too haha, nightmare, very glad you said that, I was thinking... thing isn't moving!

Hey all.

I got an SMS yesterday to say my order was ready to be scheduled (which I got really jittery about btw).

However, prior to the SMS I had spoken to and emailed a follow up to the delivery team about changing my order (SR+ to LR). I don't know if this triggered them to allocate an SR+ car to me which btw I was told was on the Glovis (as I'm sure you are all aware of).

My order was still not updated on my account and after a further call, I was told the Netherlands team needed to do amend this. I was abit dubious of this and rang again to confirm the changes had definitely been made and finally, the rep finally changed it over. I received an email notifying me of the changes and during the call was told another ship would be arriving mid/ end August. He didn't sound too convincing though... anyone with any insight?

I understand I am once again at the back of the queue, but is there any way of me ensuring I do not get missed with the "auto" matching. Anyone with a similar experience that can chime in?

Order placed in July, direct from Tesla btw

Thanks for reading
Ats

A belated update - sorry but damned work got in the way.

GLOVIS SUN continues her progress towards the Panama Canal. She is currently about 150nm off the coast of Nicaragua making 13.7 kts. She has been at sea for a week now and I'm anticipating that at this time tomorrow she will be off the coast of Panama, albeit not yet at the canal entrance. She won't reappear on marinetraffic again until she rounds the final headland and is heading in to the Panama Bay.

I mentioned a couple of days ago that the weather looked good but I'm a little concerned that her transit of the Caribbean may be affected by a storm that is brewing at the moment. The storm has the catchy designation of Tropical Depression Seven. If a tropical depression develops it becomes a Tropical Storm and if that develops further it will be classed as a Hurricane. So at the moment it is early days, with winds of 30mph and gusts up to 40, but it's predicted track at the moment takes it into the centre of the Caribbean which is where it may meet with the GLOVIS SUN. Nothing much the ship can do at the moment except keep an eye on it - the priority at the moment will be to make the canal transit on time.

Meanwhile up at Pier 80 GRAND DAHLIA has commenced loading. No departure date has been notified yet but I would be surprised if it were earlier than Friday night. I would normally expect a ship this size to take about 3 days to load at Pier 80.

The next ship to load is the GLOVIS CAPTAIN and she is not scheduled to arrive until next Monday.
Glovis Sun Pacific.png

A belated update - sorry but damned work got in the way.

GLOVIS SUN continues her progress towards the Panama Canal. She is currently about 150nm off the coast of Nicaragua making 13.7 kts. She has been at sea for a week now and I'm anticipating that at this time tomorrow she will be off the coast of Panama, albeit not yet at the canal entrance. She won't reappear on marinetraffic again until she rounds the final headland and is heading in to the Panama Bay.

I mentioned a couple of days ago that the weather looked good but I'm a little concerned that her transit of the Caribbean may be affected by a storm that is brewing at the moment. The storm has the catchy designation of Tropical Depression Seven. If a tropical depression develops it becomes a Tropical Storm and if that develops further it will be classed as a Hurricane. So at the moment it is early days, with winds of 30mph and gusts up to 40, but it's predicted track at the moment takes it into the centre of the Caribbean which is where it may meet with the GLOVIS SUN. Nothing much the ship can do at the moment except keep an eye on it - the priority at the moment will be to make the canal transit on time.

Meanwhile up at Pier 80 GRAND DAHLIA has commenced loading. No departure date has been notified yet but I would be surprised if it were earlier than Friday night. I would normally expect a ship this size to take about 3 days to load at Pier 80.

The next ship to load is the GLOVIS CAPTAIN and she is not scheduled to arrive until next Monday.
View attachment 567267
thank you!

What are the options in case the storm becomes hurricane and interferes the route?

Hey all.

I got an SMS yesterday to say my order was ready to be scheduled (which I got really jittery about btw).

However, prior to the SMS I had spoken to and emailed a follow up to the delivery team about changing my order (SR+ to LR). I don't know if this triggered them to allocate an SR+ car to me which btw I was told was on the Glovis (as I'm sure you are all aware of).

My order was still not updated on my account and after a further call, I was told the Netherlands team needed to do amend this. I was abit dubious of this and rang again to confirm the changes had definitely been made and finally, the rep finally changed it over. I received an email notifying me of the changes and during the call was told another ship would be arriving mid/ end August. He didn't sound too convincing though... anyone with any insight?

I understand I am once again at the back of the queue, but is there any way of me ensuring I do not get missed with the "auto" matching. Anyone with a similar experience that can chime in?

Order placed in July, direct from Tesla btw

Similar situation. I reserved an SR+ on July, 4th, in the showroom, and changed it on the 16th to the LR AWD (well, asked it before that and someone in the NL changed it).

The guys at the Barcelona showroom told me that a ship is due mid August (matches your info) and two more are due beginning of September. They said "if a car that's on one of those 3 boats mateches your reservation, it will be assigned to you", no info on which one it would be (goes without saying that prior reervations for an identical car would be assigned first).

They did not seem to know what's in each boat.