Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glovis Sun Pacific.png
Just a quick update on GLOVIS SUN - she is currently about 40nm S of Acapulco and continuing to progress at 14.4 kts towards the Panama Canal. I wasn't able to update her position when I normally do and so that is why there is a big gap between the position reports on the chart however the rate of progress has not changed.

If anybody had a problem with their competition entry, please try again. Click here

Last edited:
Just a quick update on GLOVIS SUN - she is currently about 40nm S of Acapulco and continuing to progress at 14.4 kts towards the Panama Canal. I wasn't able to update her position when I normally do and so that is why there is a big gap between the position reports on the chart however the rate of progress has not changed.

If anybody had a problem with their competition entry, please try again. Click here

View attachment 566343

Mr Miserable, can you possibly tweak that shipping map so the origin shows Tue(sday) 14 July - it's currently marked as "Thu" and its bugging my OCD :)

• Funny
Reactions: CPhoenix
I see the satellite imagery of Pier 80 has been updated.
We know the dates shown are incorrect (see my earlier post on this subject and why photo dated 14 July was probably 13 July). The latest photo dated 19 July is incorrect because the GRAND DOLPHIN had departed before first light on 19 July and so I think this must be taken on 18 July.
The interesting thing on the latest photo is that the Pier appears almost completely empty despite the GRAND DAHLIA arriving to start loading on Tuesday. Usually the pier has a substantial number of cars ready to load this close to a sailing. I just get the impression from this that the GRAND DAHLIA may be alongside for a little while longer than normal.
We shall see....

I noticed there was an inventory car available in Finland and out of curiosity decided to see what kind of information the server sends about the car. Some of this might be interesting for shipping watchers, although I'm not sure some of the dates match what's been reported here. I also don't know what many of the fields mean, but here's some interesting ones:

TrtName: "ICO FTZ Zeebrugge"
VesselDepartureDate: "2020-07-17T23:06:34.273593"
ExpectedVesselArrivalDate: "2020-08-05T00:00:00"
VrlName: "Helsinki-Vantaa"
VIN: "5YJ3194_06e690620a0c8caccXXXXXXXX" (not sure if it's appropriate to post these so added some X's)
IsAvailableForMatch: true
IsDemoVehicle: false
ListingType: "public"

So it seems to say that the car is heading to Zeebrugge (and Helsinki?) and is available for matching. Departed 2020-07-17 (is this possible?) and expected to arrive 2020-08-05 (Helsinki or Zeebrugge?).

Decided to do one for UK since these are rather interesting. This is the white long range in stock on the UK site:

VrlName: "EU-UK-ABP Ports-Southampton"
VesselDepartureDate: "2020-07-17T23:06:34.274737"
CountryCodes: ["GB", "IE"]
ActualGAInDate: "2020-07-07T02:42:34" (could GA mean general assembly?)
VIN: "5YJ3252_d728d166893715f134XXXXXXXX"
SalesMetro: "In transit"

Decided to do one for UK since these are rather interesting. This is the white long range in stock on the UK site:

Thanks for posting these. The arrival dates seems to coincide with what I estimate will be GLOVIS SUN's arrival in Zeebrugge. The vessel departure date is wrong though and I seem to recall we saw this in some paperwork a couple of months back as well. At that time we put it down to being the date the export paperwork was completed which coincided with VIN matching process being started. What would be interesting would be a field with 'GLS XXX' where xxx is a 3 digit number. This is the voyage number which in this case is the code for a GLOVIS SUN shipment. I know what this number should be, by the way.

Thanks for posting these. The arrival dates seems to coincide with what I estimate will be GLOVIS SUN's arrival in Zeebrugge. The vessel departure date is wrong though and I seem to recall we saw this in some paperwork a couple of months back as well. At that time we put it down to being the date the export paperwork was completed which coincided with VIN matching process being started. What would be interesting would be a field with 'GLS XXX' where xxx is a 3 digit number. This is the voyage number which in this case is the code for a GLOVIS SUN shipment. I know what this number should be, by the way.

Well, in Spain when they called us to confirm VIN, they also confirm the shipment, they told us it is Glovis Sun

Reactions: Neilio

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anything like "GLS". One other interesting field is:

'geoPoints': [['50.9070979,-1.4304475', 12232]]

Although the coordinates just point to a car park in Southampton harbour, so nothing exactly new. Not sure what the number signifies.

Probably ‘Gate In’ date. Its a term I see quite a bit in shipping.

@FinnLurker forgive my technological ignorance but how are you managing to see this info?

When you go to the inventory page, the page (your browser) asks Tesla what kind of cars are available. Based on the response, you'll see the inventory list with all the standard info like model, price, interior etc. However, the response also contains all this other data which is not displayed on the page but can be seen through a browser's dev tools for example.

From a developer's point of view, it seems slightly amateurish to include all this stuff even though it's not exactly secret.

Panama still feels like a million miles away, I swear it's not moving haha!
It probably isn't moving. Check the time the last position was updated, it was probably some time ago. The GLOVIS SUN is not in range of land based receivers at the moment. I shall hopefully get an update in hour or 2 to put your mind at rest. Or maybe not.