Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The San Francisco Port Schedule has been updated.
It confirms the departure of the GRAND DOLPHIN later today.
It has the GRAND DAHLIA arriving on 21st July when we already know that isn't the case - it's arriving on the 20th. She is presently enroute to Benicia (other side of the San Francisco Bay) and will be alongside late tomorrow. The schedule still has her depature date of 22 July which I do not believe to be true either.
The GLOVIS CAPTAIN is still scheduled but the entry is a placeholder and has not been updated.
More importantly is the addition of a new ship 'TBA' arriving on 3 Aug. This fits nicely to what I believe will be the GLOVIS SPLENDOR which will be another ship heading to Europe.
So all in all a pretty disappointing 'update' really.

Glovis Sun Pacific.png
The GLOVIS SUN is currently off the Mexican Coast abeam Puerta Vallarta making 15.4 kts towards the Panama Canal. She has travelled 1350nm since leaving Pier 80 and has still 1860nm to go to the canal entrance. I estimate she will arrive off Balboa on Thursday (23). I can only assume that she has timed her arrival to coincide with her transit booking. Nevertheless, I think we will be looking at a Zeebrugge arrival on 5 Aug.
If you haven't entered the 'Spot your Tesla' competition yet (see Post #4337 above) you have until Thursday at least! Depending on how this one goes I shall do one for GRAND DAHLIA too.

View attachment 565937 The GLOVIS SUN is currently off the Mexican Coast abeam Puerta Vallarta making 15.4 kts towards the Panama Canal. She has travelled 1350nm since leaving Pier 80 and has still 1860nm to go to the canal entrance. I estimate she will arrive off Balboa on Thursday (23). I can only assume that she has timed her arrival to coincide with her transit booking. Nevertheless, I think we will be looking at a Zeebrugge arrival on 5 Aug.
If you haven't entered the 'Spot your Tesla' competition yet (see Post #4337 above) you have until Thursday at least! Depending on how this one goes I shall do one for GRAND DAHLIA too.
@Mr Miserable Do you think we’re looking at 8th Aug for Southampton if the SUN gets to Zeebrugge on the 5th then? (Rather than the 7th).

The GRAND DOLPHIN is off to Hong Kong!
That's the 2nd ship of Q3 heading there.
I assume Hong Kong is just the 1st stop and it will head off to Taiwan or S Korea afterwards.
The next ship to load is the GRAND DAHLIA and she is coming to Europe.
She is presently just 20 nm off the coast waiting to enter the SF Bay and unload at Benicia.
She should start loading at Pier 80 on Tuesday having moved alongside on Monday evening.

Edit: Second thoughts, actually unlikely to be heading to Taiwan from Hong Kong.

Last edited:
I assume Hong Kong is just the 1st stop and it will head off to Taiwan or S Korea afterwards.
She is presently just 20 nm off the coast waiting to enter the SF Bay and unload at Benicia.
She should start loading at Pier 80 on Tuesday having moved alongside on Monday evening.

Apologies if you’ve already said, but when do you expect the Dahlia to depart? Thursday’ish?

Hopefully they’re loading white/white performance models onto it

Apologies if you’ve already said, but when do you expect the Dahlia to depart? Thursday’ish?

Hopefully they’re loading white/white performance models onto it
Friday 24 or early Sat 25th is my guess at the moment. I probably won't know for sure until Wednesday, unless another source spills the beans before then. At the moment I have her pencilled in to arrive at Zeebrugge on 15th Aug. However if she has performance models onboard I'm sure she will go faster and arrive earlier.

Edit: Second thoughts, actually unlikely to be heading to Taiwan from Hong Kong.

Thank you for the good information.
Does the second vessel in the third quarter refer to a vessel to Asia?
And I saw S and X talking about different delivery methods, is that only for Europe? Or is it for Asia too?
I was wondering if I could know the news of the shipment of S or X on a ship to Korea.

Thank you for the good information.
Does the second vessel in the third quarter refer to a vessel to Asia?
And I saw S and X talking about different delivery methods, is that only for Europe? Or is it for Asia too?
I was wondering if I could know the news of the shipment of S or X on a ship to Korea.
The expert of S and X supply is @Vedaprime
The GRAND DOLPHIN is the 2nd vessel in Q3 to head to Asia.