Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have a couple of tugs that have been called to RCC ANTWERP.
It's 2 am there and the ship is not due to depart until tomorrow evening (BTW That is new info)
Screenshot 2020-10-19 at 10.15.20.png

I don't know what is going on and since I wouldn't like to receive a call at 2am from a geek on the other side of the world....

IMPORTANT UPDATE

I can confirm that MODEL 3 Refreshed cars with M in the VIN number are sitting at Pier 80..

As of 5 mins ago, i was told by tesla direct that My car has been matched, I have the VIN with M in it.. i placed my order around 21st of september so its safe to assume that anything sitting at pier 80 is the refreshed Model 3.

Also the tesla rep told me that the ETA for the car to hit the UK was Late november.. He couldnt tell me which ship yet as it hadnt been allocated, but he did say to call back in 2-3 days and they should have that information.

• Informative
Reactions: Mr Miserable
IMPORTANT UPDATE

I can confirm that MODEL 3 Refreshed cars with M in the VIN number are sitting at Pier 80..

As of 5 mins ago, i was told by tesla direct that My car has been matched, I have the VIN with M in it.. i placed my order around 21st of september so its safe to assume that anything sitting at pier 80 is the refreshed Model 3.

Also the tesla rep told me that the ETA for the car to hit the UK was Late november.. He couldnt tell me which ship yet as it hadnt been allocated, but he did say to call back in 2-3 days and they should have that information.

Is that a Model 3 LR as per your signature ? I thought only RHD SR+ was being Made in China. If they're making Long Range as well, I would be very tempted to order, as I'm hoping that the build quality is better. I don't think I can wait until they're making them in Berlin!

IMPORTANT UPDATE

I'm just off the phone to Stockport SC. They werent able to match a VIN to my RN and advised that it would be next week at the earliest.:mad:

IMPORTANT UPDATE

Sorry for asking but did they actually tell you what your VIN was ? I ordered mine beginning October when I've asked about delivery before I also got told late October but no VIN yet so I'm assuming it's one of ones at pier 80 also (confirmed refresh as well )

[
Is that a Model 3 LR as per your signature ? I thought only RHD SR+ was being Made in China. If they're making Long Range as well, I would be very tempted to order, as I'm hoping that the build quality is better. I don't think I can wait until they're making them in Berlin!
Pier 80 is in the USA. The M relates to 2021 model year. As far as I am aware only LHD SR+ are being exported from China at the moment.

With the news that RCC ANTWERP will depart tomorrow evening it means I have pencilled her in for an arrival in Zeebrugge on 10 Nov and Southampton on 12 Nov. These dates are all dependent on when she transits the Panama Canal and we can say they will move right but are unlikely to move left. We won't be able to firm up those dates until she departs from Pier 80 and we can guess (an educated guess) her transit date.

Reactions: Zakalwe
Sorry for asking but did they actually tell you what your VIN was ? I ordered mine beginning October when I've asked about delivery before I also got told late October but no VIN yet so I'm assuming it's one of ones at pier 80 also (confirmed refresh as well )

Yes i have the entire VIN.

dont call the service center.. try calling the Delivery Department (option 4 i think) from the main telsa uk number. check the contacts Sticky for the number.

With the news that RCC ANTWERP will depart tomorrow evening it means I have pencilled her in for an arrival in Zeebrugge on 10 Nov and Southampton on 12 Nov. These dates are all dependent on when she transits the Panama Canal and we can say they will move right but are unlikely to move left. We won't be able to firm up those dates until she departs from Pier 80 and we can guess (an educated guess) her transit date.
Thanks for this - fingers crossed for a late Nov delivery

IMPORTANT UPDATE

Thank you for this update - sounds good.

Daft question, is the VIN assigned in my account or do I need to contact Tesla?

I've had a couple of people asking me about TITUS and whether she has delivered Chinese Model 3s to Athens. I don't think so.
Clearly it is has been a busy weekend with the revelations that Tesla really are shipping Chinese made Model 3s to Europe. We knew it was going to happen but nevertheless it is still big news. Someone in France put down a deposit of €100 and seemed to have been immediately matched with a LRW VIN (LRW indicates that the car was manufactured by Tesla China. A car made in the USA has a VIN starting 5YJ). In this very thread @Terranca yesterday found LRW VINS for sale in the source code on a European Tesla website. Significantly however the source code seemed to indicate they were coming via Zeebrugge. Some news outlets are saying that Tesla will be delivering these cars this month however that is not what Tesla have said. Tesla have stated that they will start exporting Chinese Model 3s this month. This means we can scratch TITUS off the list since she loaded in September. (I wasn't too interested in GF3 at the time but wasn't it closed towards the end of September?)
Anyway, it's clear that there has been a large ramp up of production in Shanghai and it is able to supply not only its existing domestic market but produce a surplus for export too. I understand that the exports to Europe are LHD SR+ at the moment. They may also be exporting to other neighbouring countries as well eg S Korea however those exports will be hard to spot. What will increase their visibility is the development of the Nangang Terminal. I believe there is a desire to use Nangang soon however I am unsighted as to any progress or the issues that need to be resolved to make it happen - a good subject for a Wu Wa drone video perhaps?
I'm also unsure about whether the rail link is viable. It is a container only rail link at the moment as far as I can tell. Nevertheless there was an indication that Tesla may be preparing to use a trimodel facility in Neuss, Germany. This might better fit with the concept of unloading in Athens and using a car transporter train from there to Neuss.
So what we can say is that the Chinese made Model 3s will very soon be on the way to Europe, it's just a question of how. For the moment I still expect them to come by sea, via Zeebrugge.
We shall see....
Meanwhile back at Fremont they appear to be manufacturing 'refreshed' Model 3s for the domestic market. Normally production at this point in the quarter is still 100% export and yet at the moment they are producing cars for both the domestic market and export market concurrently. This tells me that Fremont have increased their production too.
October may have had a slow start but things are most definitely hotting up....