Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was given a delivery window in early November of 24th November to 28h November and my car is on Grand Aurora. This was changed a week later to delivery between 4th December and 11th December.
There would appear to have been a change to Grand Aurora's schedule which now seems to coincide with the arrival at Southampton on 1st December.

With RCC AMSTERDAM now in the Caribbean I was hoping that by now she would have updated her AIS ETA for Zeebrugge, but we are still waiting.
UPDATE: Must have heard me - ETA Zeebrugge 02:00 8 Dec, we have a fast crossing to look forward to!
UPDATE2: I reckon that ETA is very ambitious for an Atlantic crossing at this time of year. She will need to average 18.9kts all the way, which is pretty unrealistic. Prepare to see in the coming days that ETA shift to the right....

We also have to wait and see which route she takes into the Atlantic, the Windward passage or the Mona Passage - it will become clear in a couple of hours once she is clear of the one-way traffic separation scheme area

Caribbean.png

Last edited:
@Mr Miserable - do you know what magic trick would need to be performed for Grand Aurora to arrive in Amsterdam on 30 Nov 2020 at 11:15, do something meaningful like upload / load, then arrive in Southampton from Zeebrugge on 01-Dec-2020 at 20:30 presumably doing something meaningful in Zeebrugge too? Or is it likely to come to the UK straight from Amsterdam? She's not appearing on the arrivals board for Zeebrugge for between the 30th Nov and 1st Dec so my guess is she may come direct, or I did also wonder if it got confused because the ship is already there.

@Mr Miserable - do you know what magic trick would need to be performed for Grand Aurora to arrive in Amsterdam on 30 Nov 2020 at 11:15, do something meaningful like upload / load, then arrive in Southampton from Zeebrugge on 01-Dec-2020 at 20:30 presumably doing something meaningful in Zeebrugge too? Or is it likely to come to the UK straight from Amsterdam? She's not appearing on the arrivals board for Zeebrugge for between the 30th Nov and 1st Dec so my guess is she may come direct, or I did also wonder if it got confused because the ship is already there.
I expect her to route Zeebrugge - Amsterdam - Southampton. All the timings seem OK for that.

Mr. M

Why do they bundle UK cars in every ship with all the cars offloaded in Belgium? Wouldn’t it be a lot cheaper in charter/fuel/port fees etc. to have a single vessel filled with RHD cars for UK?
When would that ship set sail? To get all the UK orders it would have to wait until the last possible moment in the quarter. You could end up waiting 4 months for a car - and more importantly Tesla would have to wait 4 months for the payments. Also if they have UK cars built and space on a ship, why would they wait until more EU orders came in when you could load the UK cars and be on your way. Just my thoughts.

Mr. M

Why do they bundle UK cars in every ship with all the cars offloaded in Belgium? Wouldn’t it be a lot cheaper in charter/fuel/port fees etc. to have a single vessel filled with RHD cars for UK?
Tesla don't have 100's of dealers to handle several thousand cars dumped in a single shipment. The delivery delays would be horrendous. They would have to rent big bits of expensive real estate at the docks to park the cars which would only be used once or twice a quarter. The steady trickle is cheaper and much better use of a smaller resource.

GRAND AURORA remains alongside in Zeebrugge.
She was originally scheduled to depart 2200 tonight however I wouldn’t be surprised if this is delayed until tomorrow.
She will have loaded Chinese SR+ from TOSCANA for delivery to Amsterdam where she is due to arrive on Monday morning.
She is also now scheduled to arrive in Southampton’s Western Docks on Tuesday evening.

GLOVIS CRYSTAL continues to follow a rhumb line course across the Atlantic.
She is about 780nm SE of Bermuda and about 1150nm SW of the Azores.
The weather continues to be fine for the moment but as she approaches the Azores I expect it to deteriorate.
Her current scheduled ETA for Zeebrugge is 5 Dec and Southampton probably a couple of days later.

The winning entry to the GLOVIS CRYSTAL competition will be announced shortly.

Glovis Crystal Atlantic Progress .png

TANNHAUSER is averaging over 17kts as she heads west through the Mediterranean.
She is presently about 220nm NNW of Benghazi
She is due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 6 Dec.

Tannhauser Med Prog.png

RCC AMSTERDAM is presently transiting the Caribbean Sea and heading for the Windward Passage to enter the Atlantic.
Her ETA for Zeebrugge is 07:00Z 8 Dec which remains ambitious for this time of year.
At the moment, she is actually a couple of hours ahead of schedule. Looking at the weather for her Atlantic crossing she might just get away with it!
Accordingly I am adjusting my estimates to 8 Dec for Zeebrugge and Southampton on 11 Dec

RCC Amst Caribbean.png

GLOVIS SUN continues to progress down the Pacific coast of Mexico and she is presently abeam Lazaro Cardenas.
In the last 24 hours she has slowed slightly to an average 16.9kts however she will still arrive 24hrs ahead of schedule at Balboa.
One can only assume that she has got the opportunity of an earlier canal transit slot.
I originally estimated she should arrive in Zeebrugge around 15 Dec but that will move left a day if she gets an earlier canal transit.

Don't forget to enter the GLOVIS SUN competition

Glov Sun Pacific.png

GLOVIS CRYSTAL COMPETITION RESULT

BULLSEYE!

Having discarded millions and millions of fraudulent entries and picking an entry that I like the look of it seems we finally have a winner.
The winning square in this competition was P13 and the winner with a direct hit is @RabC63 Congratulations!
This win is all the more worthy because Rab C was the only person to have correctly predicted that the ship would take the longer rhumb line course - great skill!
There is no chocolate fondue set or a canteen of cutlery to be won sadly - it's just a bit of fun!

BULLSEYE!

Having discarded millions and millions of fraudulent entries and picking an entry that I like the look of it seems we finally have a winner.
The winning square in this competition was P13 and the winner with a direct hit is @RabC63 Congratulations!
This win is all the more worthy because Rab C was the only person to have correctly predicted that the ship would take the longer rhumb line course - great skill!
There is no chocolate fondue set or a canteen of cutlery to be won sadly - it's just a bit of fun!

a36aeaa0cfa4cba49c193d7550bf794f.jpg

BULLSEYE!

clearly I arranged this with the skipper! (Actually, I went for the rhumb line as I couldn’t be bothered to calculate the great circle accurately, and guessed that many others would have already landed in the general area. So a lucky guess that the Skipper just might choose a rhumb line course...)

Reactions: StevehConwy
They've turned the NORWEGIAN ENCORE around, so she's looking out to sea.
So we can see them arriving in SOTON, but not unloading.
Unsure if that's good or bad news?

Norwegian Encore Webcams - Norwegian Encore Bridge Webcam / Camera - Norwegian Cruise Line
norwegian-encore-20201128T1349Z.jpg

Edit:
Additional: NORWEGIAN ENCORE's spot has been taken by EMERALD PRINCESS, who also has a webcam, but that hasn't been updated since 27th September in Scheveningen (sp?)

Emerald Princess Webcams - Emerald Princess Bridge (Forward) Webcam / Camera - Princess Cruises

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Impatient