Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it's poor planning to go past Southampton to Zeebrugge then back to Southampton and then pass Zeebrugge to Bremerhaven. Why not just go Southampton - Zeebrugge - Bremerhaven?

The GLOVIS COSMOS was always scheduled to route Southampton - Bremerhaven - Hamburg - Antwerp before heading off down to the Middle East as part of a regular RoRo route. What changed is the early arrival at Southampton and the possibility to dovetail the end of a charter and the beginning of a regular route.

• Informative
Reactions: Mr H
An indication of how bad it must be in the Channel at the moment.
This shows the track of GRAND PIONEER which left Southampton yesterday.

Screenshot 2020-02-09 at 18.59.37.png

• Informative
Reactions: OfficialMark_H
I must have missed a step... I thought that now that the Cosmos had arrived at Zeebruge we were no longer interested in it? I thought the cars were offloaded then UK bound ones loaded to another boat?

It seems the Cosmos is docking at Southampton after partially unloading in Zeebrugge.

Not all vessels will be doing the same journey so the process you've highlighted above could be the same for the Challenge but time will tell.

I must have missed a step... I thought that now that the Cosmos had arrived at Zeebruge we were no longer interested in it? I thought the cars were offloaded then UK bound ones loaded to another boat?

Dude. Where have you been?
COSMOS is expected to leave Zeebrugge later today with UK vehicles onboard. Arriving in Southampton tomorrow.

Actually all change! Standby New info coming....

Dude. Where have you been?
COSMOS is expected to leave Zeebrugge later today with UK vehicles onboard. Arriving in Southampton tomorrow.

All along the trend that I've been readings that the ships dump the cars at zeebruge and the UK RHD are loaded onto another smaller ship from there to Southampton. Like I say, I've obviously missed a step...

Given my expected mid March delivery, I gather that Grand Mark or Brooklands should be more on my radar anyway.

Oh dear - not good news!
So Challenge may as well throttle back a little mid Atlantic ;)

As I said over the weekend the Challenge is due to hit some horrendous weather as it approaches the Channel.
The trouble is that it has a schedule to keep. Unless a delay is absolutely unavoidable it will keep to schedule.